Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    SamE7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 
    Cousins and Power …..blimey can you imagine reaction if we brought them !!!!!

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 
    just no - happy to have the discussion - depends how bored u r 

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

Also, while we're policing grammar; incorrect use of hyphens. You should have gone for, 'Just no. Happy to have the discussion, depends how bored you are.'
    Brought/bought isn’t policing grammar, it’s highlighting stupidity? a bad education? I’m not sure exactly what but it’s not grammar. 

I'll tell you what a bad education is.  It is one that makes the student think that spelling is more important than meaning and that literacy is an indicator of intelligence.
    That's just an assertion without any evidence to support it.

Yup. It's my opinion. Nothing more nor less.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Hal1x said:
    SamE7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

Also, while we're policing grammar; incorrect use of hyphens. You should have gone for, 'Just no. Happy to have the discussion, depends how bored you are.'
    Brought/bought isn’t policing grammar, it’s highlighting stupidity? a bad education? I’m not sure exactly what but it’s not grammar. 

I'll tell you what a bad education is.  It is one that makes the student think that spelling is more important than meaning and that literacy is an indicator of intelligence.
    As someone who recruited for many years, literacy was an important factor in selecting candidates, it was hard to access a candidates skills if they didn't pass the initial grading of the application forms and get invited to an interview.
    What has any of this to do with transfer rumours?
    Depends if we're rumoured to have bought or brought any new players before the end of the window.

Of course, we would have brought in the players we bought. :smile:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Bonham  would be good.

Fast arms and feet.
    Serious drink and drugs issues
  • Options
    Only one proven, surefire way to guarantee a signing.

@Scoham needs to update the squad list
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Another click bait site gives five goalkeeeping options .

https://the72.co.uk/239741/five-goalkeepers-charlton-athletic-could-sign-this-summer/

It talks about Jack Bonham (Gills) , Craig McGillivray ( Pompey ) , Frank Fielding ( Millwall ) , Nathan Baxter ( Chelsea / Accy on loan last season ) and Simon Moore ( Sheffield United ) .
    We won’t make a move for a keeper until Amos sorts his future out .. you can always pick up a keeper 
    If as is expected AMB goes on loan then we would still need someone. 
  • Options

• Options
    Andy Marshall heading to Birmingham as goalkeeper coach. 

Ben Amos linked with Ipswich. 

Source: Cawley 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Hal1x said:
    SamE7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:

BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

As someone who recruited for many years, literacy was an important factor in selecting candidates, it was hard to access a candidates skills if they didn't pass the initial grading of the application forms and get invited to an interview.
    What has any of this to do with transfer rumours?
    As well as the height test they will have to pass a grammar test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Marshall heading to Birmingham as goalkeeper coach. 

Not surprised about Marshall . Isn't his family home still in the midlands ? He will replace former Daggers keeper Tony Roberts .

Surprised Ipswich are looking at keepers . I thought Tomas Holy was very good when he played for Gillingham . 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Bonham  would be good.

Fast arms and feet.
    Micheal Flatley should fit the bill then ;)
  • Options

He is out of contract?
  • Options

He is out of contract?
    Yes
  • Options
    Charles hagan anybody.?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's he?
  • Options
    Charles hagan Sheffield wedsnday player both us and Palace are after him highly rated.
  • Options
    Addicks59 said:
    Charles hagan Sheffield wedsnday player both us and Palace are after him highly rated.
    Palace sign him and loan him straight to us ?
  • Options
    He is highly rated several teams in for him Palace Brentwood charlton source News now.
  • Options
    Brentford not Brentwood.
  • Options

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I know we’re supposed to be super positive and. I don’t need a lecture on how transfers & negotiations work…

… but losing coaches, players not resigning, no transfer links and the rumoured troubles to get Stockley done.

It doesn’t really give the impression that this rebuild is going to plan. 2 weeks until pre-season starts and we can’t fill a bench.
    Adkins indicated on one of his tweets starts the end of next week. Players in for testing.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I know we’re supposed to be super positive and. I don’t need a lecture on how transfers & negotiations work…

… but losing coaches, players not resigning, no transfer links and the rumoured troubles to get Stockley done.

It doesn’t really give the impression that this rebuild is going to plan. 2 weeks until pre-season starts and we can’t fill a bench.
    Adkins indicated on one of his tweets starts the end of next week. Players in for testing.
    Pre season I meant.
  • Options
    Wouldn't lose any sleep over Amos.
    Great shot stopper but not the smartest tool in the box.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Just read it. Click bait just repeating Cowley. Nothing new. 

The most interesting snippet for me is that their GK coach John Keeley has joined Ipswich. That suggests to me that MacGillivray rather than Amos could head to Portman Road. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!