Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Was told last night by a friend of JFC that he had substantial Championship interest before injury. 

Also told that the contract offer is 12 months but there is haggling over an option for a further 12 months.

Club not keen to be used to get fit for 12 months and for him to leave, JFC not sure 2 years at same wage is a good deal so looking for the 2nd year option to have an increase in salary if key conditions met.

Seen as a bit of a gamble by both parties but expectation is it will be sorted.
    heard through ButtleJR a couple of weeks back that JFC had asked to negotiate further and had rejected the initial deal. 
  • Options
    Was told last night by a friend of JFC that he had substantial Championship interest before injury. 

Also told that the contract offer is 12 months but there is haggling over an option for a further 12 months.

Club not keen to be used to get fit for 12 months and for him to leave, JFC not sure 2 years at same wage is a good deal so looking for the 2nd year option to have an increase in salary if key conditions met.

Pleased with the Clubs stance on this.
    I have less sympathy with the player knowing he was off as soon as his contract was up. I can’t see that he has any cards to play on this.
  • Options

Has to be Birmingham surely.
  • Options

Can't see JFC winning this argument, we will look after him, get him fit and who knows, probably won't even be playing till the turn of the year, sounds like he wants it one way only, he needs to appreciate the treatment on offer, take the 12 months, with an option of a second 12 months which  sounds like a reasonable stance from the club.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If it is true I would pull the contract offer.  Assuming he was going to run his contract down and leave for nothing at its end to go to the Championship then we owe him little having paid his salary through years of injuries.  He then expects we give him a year to get fit with that risk on us and him leaving at the end.  Don't think so.
    May all be bolloxs though of course.
    Don't think so @Athletico Charlton ..sound's like a perfectly sensible post to me B)
  • Options
    If it is true I would pull the contract offer.  Assuming he was going to run his contract down and leave for nothing at its end to go to the Championship then we owe him little having paid his salary through years of injuries.  He then expects we give him a year to get fit with that risk on us and him leaving at the end.  Don't think so.
    Works both ways though doesn't it, we didn't offer him a contract during the season so what do you expect him to do?

He, and his agent, will be full aware of any championship interest there was before his injury and the value of it in pounds, shillings and pence.   There would also probably be interest from the other "big clubs" in league 1.  If that interest would result in a concrete offer, however, is a totally different kettle of fish.

It's the risk you run by having so many players in the last year of their contract especially so many that are actually playing.  I think 6 of the 8 were playing almost every game?

Now we are left with a position that neither party is going to be fully happy with.  If he hadn't got injured he would have got a payrise here, or else where and probably a 3 year contract.  Rightly we won't give him one because he is injured.   There are no winners now, what ever the outcome. 
  • Options
    Where has this Gallen flying to Baku come from?
    From well known sources. Wiki has Morrell at 5' 7" whereas Soccer Base has him as 6' 1", Gallen has been sent out there to look him up or down.
    I think he has one leg longer than the other one 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he been down these Championship clubs to check out their treatment tables?
  • Options
    As much as I’d like to see us give him a contract the reality is he isn’t in a strong position to negotiate.

If he asks for an unreasonable amount, I don’t think he’s worth keeping.
  • Options
    The club's stance is correct, and no ill will should be given to his stance either - he got a terrible injury playing out of his skin for us when he was in a contractually precarious position. "Others" made different choices in his shoes.
    I think exactly this.

Moving away from rumour and my opinion - I don't blame JFC, at 27 and having been just voted player of the season for wanting a bigger / better contract.

Unfortunately for him, (and don't forget a certain Forest striker in this context), he's suffered a major injury with a few games remaining of his contract.

I don't blame him for wanting more. I don't blame the club for holding firm.

Going back to rumour, he's never expressed a desire to leave or refused to play, despite knowing of Championship interest for the last 3 months.
    And very importantly didn't refuse a new contract either, we never offered him one. 
  • Options
    what position do we reckon is next? I reckon a winger 
  • Options
    I have no idea, but I reckon they'll have a positive attitude. 
  • Options
    The club's stance is correct, and no ill will should be given to his stance either - he got a terrible injury playing out of his skin for us when he was in a contractually precarious position. "Others" made different choices in his shoes.
    Exactly. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have no idea, but I reckon they'll have a positive attitude. 
    It almost works. 8/10 for the intention. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Works both ways though doesn't it, we didn't offer him a contract during the season so what do you expect him to do?

He, and his agent, will be full aware of any championship interest there was before his injury and the value of it in pounds, shillings and pence.   There would also probably be interest from the other "big clubs" in league 1.  If that interest would result in a concrete offer, however, is a totally different kettle of fish.

It's the risk you run by having so many players in the last year of their contract especially so many that are actually playing.  I think 6 of the 8 were playing almost every game?

Now we are left with a position that neither party is going to be fully happy with.  If he hadn't got injured he would have got a payrise here, or else where and probably a 3 year contract.  Rightly we won't give him one because he is injured.   There are no winners now, what ever the outcome. 
    Well there could be a winner. If he does not sign a new contract we don’t have to pay his medical expenses or his wages. It is not unreasonable for us to want a return from our investment in either a fee or performance.
    We are doing absolutely the right thing by offering him a contract. Totally his choice now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Well there could be a winner. If he does not sign a new contract we don’t have to pay his medical expenses or his wages. It is not unreasonable for us to want a return from our investment in either a fee or performance.
    We are doing absolutely the right thing by offering him a contract. Totally his choice now.
    Not sure that's true as the injury occurred with us. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If you think that's a win you support the wrong club. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Excuse me, but I was one of the first, if not the first to say we should offer him a contract following his injury so I don’t need your snotty comments thanks.
  • Options
    Ofcourse we should offer the bloke a contract he was injured whilst playing for us. However I think the stuff about plenty of championship interest stems from his agent lol no way is he good enough for the championship imo if he wasnt injured then he is one of the players I would have been happy to let go tbh
  • Options
    And also Mr and Mrs Purrington’s son 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Excuse me, but I was one of the first, if not the first to say we should offer him a contract following his injury so I don’t need your snotty comments thanks.
    If you think it's a win us saving a few bob his his rehabilitation you deserve "snotty comments" or does loyalty only work for you for people you like? 
  • Options
    And also Mr and Mrs Purrington’s son 
    Source? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If you think it's a win us saving a few bob his his rehabilitation you deserve "snotty comments" or does loyalty only work for you for people you like? 
    No. Because I like JFC and was hoping he would sign a new contract and voted for him as POTY. 
    I was merely re-iterating that he is not in a position to negotiate as he can be the only loser in not agreeing to a contract. As we have been honourable by offering him a contract and IF he does not wish to sign it, then it is a fact that financially we will better off.
    You used the term that there are no winners. Factually there would be.
    Both sides could be winners if he signs a two year contract.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think a good club would have a duty of care and JFK owes a bit from his last long injury to agree a deal.  My opinion. 
    😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣
     Can't  see how you can call that a sensible comment.  More that of a child perhaps. 
    Employers do have a duty of care to employees and good employers know this. 
    Don't think Charlton can offer anything to help JFK.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!