Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• FFS Nigel now is not the time to be experimenting with formations.....
  • Should we be looking to nullify the mighty Accrington Stanley or concentrate more on giving them a few problems to think about?
    Maybe the manager doesn't trust the players...?
  • Stig said:
    If there was a worse game this season,  I've erased it from my memory. 
    Burton away?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nig- we needed to pass the ball, we didn't.
    No shit sherlock, you could have noticed that before kick off when you picked the team sheet then to watch JFC and Gilbey continue to give the ball away and overhit under hit passes (has all season but POTY of course) do it for nearly 90mins is in your hands and that CM needs shaking up big time. 
  • Chris Gunter has been really poor all season, biggest disappointment in a long time. Think our recruitment strategy in the summer shouldn't be buying players whose careers are on the way down, like Gunter.
    Curbs should be manager, buying and selecting players who are hungry and/or angry. 
  • That was painful to watch

Minto and Curbs worrying about Pompey but we are 6 goals worse than Oxford there’s no way we will make that up if they win

We will finish 8th and frankly that’s where we probably should be 
    Oxford no longer matter to us

We have to win our final two games to go up, Portsmouth cant win their final game.

If we achieve our target, Oxford cant finish above us, if we dont achieve our target of two wins then we dont go into the Play-Offs as we wont go above Portsmouth.

Only other permutation is we draw one, win one game

In which case we need Portsmouth to lose their final game, and we'd need a swing of four goals in our favour to over come their Goal Difference - In that case we would need Oxford to lose else a draw would see their GD come into account, a win for Oxford would put them 6th.
    You've miscalculated badly.

Oxford are 3 points above us with a 6 better goal difference. if they win their last game by 1 goal we'd have to win our 2 games by a combined 8 goals to go above them. Not happening.
    I said a few weeks ago that that Ronnie Schwartz missed penalty vs Oxford might yet prove to be the pivotal moment of the season. I hope it doesn’t.

More likely is Oxford and Pompey both drop the points we need them to but we also drop points and fail to capitalize. Our last two matches are very very tough. 
  • Chris Gunter has been really poor all season, biggest disappointment in a long time. Think our recruitment strategy in the summer shouldn't be buying players whose careers are on the way down, like Gunter.
    Curbs should be manager, buying and selecting players who are hungry and/or angry. 
    He doesn’t even seem aware of Oxford.
  • Our players have nothing to play for and they know it. Even if we managed to go up they'll all be looking for contracts elsewhere as not one of them is Championship quality. An absolute bunch of tossers nicking a living.
  • On the plus side I've got 2 new grounds possibly 4 next season.
    Not all doom and gloom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched it on Valley Pass.Soft performance by a soft team. Roll on.
  • Bunch of slags, travesty that they can put CAFC on their cv's, get shot of the lot of the braindead wankers
  • Wouldn’t surprise me if Accrington nick a point at Pompey

Oxford will beat Burton at home and we won’t catch them on goals even if we win both 

• That was painful to watch

Minto and Curbs worrying about Pompey but we are 6 goals worse than Oxford there’s no way we will make that up if they win

We will finish 8th and frankly that’s where we probably should be 
    Oxford no longer matter to us

We have to win our final two games to go up, Portsmouth cant win their final game.

If we achieve our target, Oxford cant finish above us, if we dont achieve our target of two wins then we dont go into the Play-Offs as we wont go above Portsmouth.

Only other permutation is we draw one, win one game

In which case we need Portsmouth to lose their final game, and we'd need a swing of four goals in our favour to over come their Goal Difference - In that case we would need Oxford to lose else a draw would see their GD come into account, a win for Oxford would put them 6th.
    Amazed somebody would make such a detailed post without even bothering to look at the table!
    Amazed you've never made a mistake before...?

Some people cant help but be pricks about things can they eh...
    Funny old place this. All very quick to point the finger rather than look at their own ludicrous statements/opinions
  • Very poor game, defo not football just bloody hoofball, worst game I've seen in years!! No ifs or buts we have to win on Tuesday night to take the season onto Sunday. Then if we have managed to win then we must beat Hull (yeah I know its unlikely) and Portsmouth mustn't win........simple!!!

So League 1 it is next season then!!! We have a summer rebuild to happen as quickly as possible, TS will definitely want promotion next season and NA will be under pressure from Game 1 to deliver! 

• Those three missed penalties will prove to be the difference sadly.   
  • edited May 2021
    Tried to outplay a team of hoofers at their own game in their own back yard, and guess what we failed miserably, instead of just playing our usual game that has bought us 12 wins away so far this season, so let's forget today, it's all about Tuesday now, win that and i feel Accers will want to get revenge for letting a two goal advantage drop last Tuesday, when they play Portsmouth next Sunday.
    So we are still in the hat, but as i said, Tuesday is the real must win, or May the 8th is a waste of time.