Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    We all had a good day out at Wembley when we achieved the promotion thanks to the players and Lee, and we owe a debt of thanks to Lee for sticking with us through the Thin and Thinner times with our fiasco of ownership etc, but, it didn't take him  long to jump once one of his favourites came calling,it was always going to be them or Leeds, so good luck to him, just  wonder how long we are going to be checking in to see how well or not so well he is doing in his new job.
  • Options
    Somebody needs to explain something for me...Bowyer’s being accused of being disloyal by jumping ship by some yet TS was able to appoint a new manager in double quick time because he’d been looking at candidates for the past 6-8 weeks. That almost sounds like there was a mutual understanding that things were not working out and the two of them may have been in cahoots in the timing of LB going 
    I feel that the true reasons why he left may never be known, and there was probably a "discussion" between Thomas and Lee a few weeks ago, and a mutual agreement that something had to change was on, hence the line from Thomas of his looking at available options for a few weeks, and the dour lack of interest from Lee in post match interviews, which only seemed to change a couple of matches ago when things regarding Birmingham were a bit clearer to everybody involved.
    So, cahoots? nothing underhand, but i think all parties involved knew the sittuation, and an agreed time plan for Adkins, Lee, and Thomas to come to an agreed date of change.
  • Options
    Given the rapid turnover of managers these days, I would assume that most club owners have planned replacements much of the time. 
  • Options
    Given the rapid turnover of managers these days, I would assume that most club owners have planned replacements much of the time. 
    I agree that clubs "have their ears to the ground" regarding the state of play in the world of managers turnover, but planned replacements may be taking it a tad too far, unless the need  was there in the first place surely.
  • Options
    I agree that clubs "have their ears to the ground" regarding the state of play in the world of managers turnover, but planned replacements may be taking it a tad too far, unless the need  was there in the first place surely.
    Agree. I really meant potential replacements.
  • Options
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail as the saying goes. I'm sure that if things had worked out differently, Sandgaard would have honoured his word and given Bowyer at least a chance to make the play offs.

On the other hand, if either of them didn't both have a feeling that things might not get to that point I would be frankly astonished:

1. Bowyer may not have been actively seeking another job but his comments about "improving players" and his comments expressing sometimes questionable self-belief in his abilities were quite clearly at least in part with a mind on increasing his employability. (And he's in his rights to try it, even if you don't agree with those comments.)

2. Sandgaard is an experienced businessman and executive and knows full well that you have to anticipate the possibility of people leaving the business and needing replacement. I doubt he was actively looking for a replacement but for him to have not at least been monitoring potential replacements would be borderline negligence/incompetence on his part.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that he is looking for a another assistant. I always felt we were one coach short and still are!
  • Options
    Ok so that makes the Adkins comments about Jackie maybe leaving at a later date clearer. He’s hoping he’ll go there in the summer. 
  • Options
    3-0 loss - new manager bounce?
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    3-0 loss - new manager bounce?
    Having watched our rubbish, even that doesn't cheer me up.
  • Options
    Their match against Rotherham is going to be massive
  • Options
    Rotherham and Wednesday both won today to keep things interesting...
  • Options
    Birmingham fans flew a banner over the ground during the game today.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say that when I heard Bowyer was taking the Brum job, it was very much a case of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'.

Very unpopular owner there, and similar to Sunderland there seems to be a long-term malaise deep within the club.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Just Seen Bowyer's post match press conference. 

The first thing he said was

'I didn't think they were much better than us'

They lost 3-0.  I had to chuckle 
    Agree, they were 3 goals better than them, will he ever see a side better than "him", same when he was here, seemed to be watching a different game to most of us.
  • Options
    'we moved the ball well at times' 
  • Options
    'we moved the ball well at times' 
    Is that a cruyff quote? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    redman said:
    Didn't honour his contract and left us when, by his admission, we still had a chance of making the Play Offs and possible promotion to the Championship. 

Swap "promotion to the Championship" for "relegation from the Championship" and it could be Taylor. Both have done it for money and to further their career. Taylor was as much a part of our promotion with his 22 goals as Bowyer was.

I'm not particularly bothered because it is the way of the world nowadays and I think, like many do, that Bowyer had lost his way. But Bowyer is being slightly hypocritical in leaving at this very time given how he made such a big thing about Taylor's refusal to honour his contract. Especially as Taylor left with 3 games to go and we still had 11 matches to the end of this season.

Bowyer chose to save Birmingham rather than get us promoted. Birmingham turned his head. The very thing that he accused QPR of doing to Bonne. 

This is a scandulous comparison. Taylor was under contract and wouldn't play but wanted to sit on his backside. Bowyer made a decision, which TS obviously agreed with, that the time had come for both parties to move on. Bowyer had had been brilliant for Charlton in the last 3 years but maybe the time had come. I really cannot understand this animosity towards Bowyer. WE have had numerous managers since Curbs and Bowyer is streets ahead of any of them except Powell. Why are some people so pathetic.
    Just because it might have suited TS for LB to go (especially if the bullying rumours are true) that still means that LB chose to finish the season with us early. 

Why do you think Bowyer left? Because everything was going so well in the dressing room? Because he was getting the most out of all of the players? Because it was, as he constantly sought to explain, everyone, including the supporters fault in not being vocal enough, else's fault that we were losing so many games at home? Funny how the results carried on when the fans disappeared again!

You want to do "scandalous" and "pathetic" Try that for starters.