Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Just Seen Bowyer's post match press conference. 

The first thing he said was

'I didn't think they were much better than us'

They lost 3-0.  I had to chuckle 
    Did he comment on how happy he was on the amount of chances Birmingham created? It always baffled me when he did that for us when it felt like we hadn't created many. 
  • Swisdom said:
    I really think he may have bitten off more than he can chew there.  That club is in disarray right now and their owner is bonkers.  The players are all over the place and apparently a few took issue with Karanka because he publicly slated them.....

Couple that with the teams around him having games in hand and better goal differences I think he has a battle on his hands
    Jesus, just wait until someone doesn’t go in for a leg breaking tackle or a recent youth academy graduate doesn’t have a world beating performance and they’ll see what a public slating really looks like. 
  • Watford is a free hit for them and Bowyer. The real pressure will be when he's playing the bottom half teams
  • Birmingham fans flew a banner over the ground during the game today.

Thats one low flying dong
  • 'we moved the ball well at times' 
    Reminds me of an unforgettable boxing quote from many many years ago.  Dai Dower was a fleet of foot Welsh flyweight who travelled to Argentina for a tilt at the world title against the hard hitting Pascual Perez.  He was knocked cold in the centre of the ring after 90 seconds of the first round.  His trainer commented:

”Dai was moving very well up till then”
    I want to LOL that more than once! Classic!
  • Sponsored links:

• This has been at the back of my mind (and no doubt others too) and that is that actually, LB likes this sort of situation simply because it helps to create a siege mentality and because expectations are so low. If Birmingham go down it won't be his fault. With the fallout of that and without investment he can argue that it won't be his fault that they don't go back up either. If they stay up he's a hero. 

Compare what he says here

"I know there's a good man in charge that is backing us financially, but we have to take it one step at a time."

to what the long suffering fans are saying:

“Time for a change #bcfc. The fans deserve better. The club deserves better// Dongout //BSHL DO THE RIGHT THING”

Either LB is incredibly naive (which I don't believe for one minute) or he is laying the foundations for what is to come.

• 'we moved the ball well at times' 
    Reminds me of an unforgettable boxing quote from many many years ago.  Dai Dower was a fleet of foot Welsh flyweight who travelled to Argentina for a tilt at the world title against the hard hitting Pascual Perez.  He was knocked cold in the centre of the ring after 90 seconds of the first round.  His trainer commented:

”Dai was moving very well up till then”
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" Mike Tyson

• Lost respect for him. What's with the owner bit.

He walked away from us when we did finally actually have a good owner.

Our club was in a turbulent state but why describe it as hell on earth 

Save it for the book Lee
  • Yeah save it for the book, will make light reading after the affray and fighting with your own team mate chapter's. 
  • Yeh being Charlton manager is all of a sudden an xfactor sob story 

Go and f*ck yourself Lee. Adiós
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    Found Bowyer to be very sanctimonious since leaving. I understand he did a great job but he makes it sound like it was him and him alone who kept the whole club going.

He had great set of player that brought in by a great DOF for a start...never mind the people behind the scenes that werent at board level. 
    Plenty on here think the club would have folded without him. 
  • The thing is, until ESI rocked up, Bowyer had a very good job, from his point of view.  Despite it not paying well.  After ESI rocked up he had an aweful job that he was paid very well for doing.

All in all I don't think he did too badly out of it. 
  • Brum'll suit Bowyer.  

• Cafc43v3r said:
    The thing is, until ESI rocked up, Bowyer had a very good job, from his point of view.  Despite it not paying well.  After ESI rocked up he had an aweful job that he was paid very well for doing.

All in all I don't think he did too badly out of it. 
    Even under Roland, Bowyer was initially paid reasonably, as a THIRD division manager in his first job. 
  • Found Bowyer to be very sanctimonious since leaving. I understand he did a great job but he makes it sound like it was him and him alone who kept the whole club going.

He had great set of player that brought in by a great DOF for a start...never mind the people behind the scenes that werent at board level. 
    Bowyer is rapidly reminding me of a discount version of Mourinho. Seems to thrive on conflict and a siege mentality but that's only sustainable for so long before inevitable implosion; anything good is him and him alone, anything bad is literally anyone and everyone else.

When it works it works but when it doesn't it causes huge amounts of problems.
  • At no point has Bowyer said he saved the club single handedly, he’s said nothing remotely close to what’s inferred by people in this thread. He’s not ringing journalist’s desperate to spill the beans, he’s asked questions and he’s answering them. 

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so bitter and petty regarding something so trivial. It’s exactly the same sort of characters that are baited by TalkSport. 

He done well for us but he’s now moved on, perhaps we should too...
    He clearly says the club would have crumbled if he hadn’t stepped up. So imo he does think he saved the club.
  • At no point has Bowyer said he saved the club single handedly, he’s said nothing remotely close to what’s inferred by people in this thread. He’s not ringing journalist’s desperate to spill the beans, he’s asked questions and he’s answering them. 

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so bitter and petty regarding something so trivial. It’s exactly the same sort of characters that are baited by TalkSport. 

He done well for us but he’s now moved on, perhaps we should too...
    "Him and the rest of coaching staff stayed, keeping the club afloat despite various ownerships seemingly doing everything in their power to destroy it."

If he didn't say it, you seemed to....... 
  • thenewbie said:
    Found Bowyer to be very sanctimonious since leaving. I understand he did a great job but he makes it sound like it was him and him alone who kept the whole club going.

Bowyer is rapidly reminding me of a discount version of Mourinho. Seems to thrive on conflict and a siege mentality but that's only sustainable for so long before inevitable implosion; anything good is him and him alone, anything bad is literally anyone and everyone else.

When it works it works but when it doesn't it causes huge amounts of problems.
    Yup 3rd season Jose was quite clear by the beginning of December, if not before.