Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Fair play, very decent win.
  • Options
    They looked very solid tonight, a great result.  However the quality of players he has available is a huge step up from what we had in 2019/20.
  • Options
    I don’t get how he did so well for us under difficult circumstances but then was poor once we had stability

Think it was just about time.

He had enough and was no longer fully interested in managing Charlton. 

If we was still an absolute mess, both on and off the pitch, he might still be at the valley
    It was a duty of care and feeling of responsibility, because he felt needed. 

I could tell, judging from his pre match interview today, he was very confident and motivated. It was likely Birmingham will pick something up. Would at least be a clash.

Bowyer started well at Charlton and we started well in the championship.

Give him 18months- 2 years at Birmingham...see where they are at then.
  • Options
    I don’t get how he did so well for us under difficult circumstances but then was poor once we had stability
    I think it's partly his mentality. He's naturally quite a combative, competitive kind of person, an "underdog Vs the odds" situation brings out the best in him. Having actual stability and security seemed to have thrown him off somehow.

• Options
    Don’t worry, Sheffield United will come good.
  • Options
    No minutes for Aneke, but some for Leko…
  • Options
    As we saw many times Bowyer is great at nicking a 1-0 win. The issues usually only arise if his team goes behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks very much similar to the performances we put in at the beginning of our Championship season under Bowyer.

Not really sure if it's the football I really want to see week in week out, but at the end of the day it does not matter if you win.

Be interesting to see if they can keep it up, especially if they remain largely injury free, and also how they perform in games there they are expected to be on the front foot a little more. 
  • Options
    Beat a side relegated last season from  the prem as well, so not an easy game 
  • Options
    Good start. Pleased for him. Brum look tidy.
  • Options
    When the time comes, I do hope he gets welcomed back at the valley and receives positive recognition. I'm sure he will.

But as soon as the whistle blows, that's when he can do one and we must win.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    As we saw many times Bowyer is great at nicking a 1-0 win. The issues usually only arise if his team goes behind.
    I thought the regular refrain on here was that he was too negative when taking the lead and conceding late equalisers?

I think the fact of it is that the players he had at his disposal weren’t good enough for Championship football and were naturally picked off eventually. It’s a miracle that we lasted all the way up until the final day - the final few minutes of final day.
    We had a good start to the season, but the squad wasn't able to cope with injuries and the loss of Coner Gallagher didn't help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Took over a struggling side and after 11 games has W6 D2 L3. 54% win record.

Can't really knock that.

Oh but they’ll try 
  • Options
    Bowyer always started seasons well, the problem is that he trains so hard that the players end up collapsing with injuries halfway through the season. 
  • Options
    Bowyer always started seasons well, the problem is that he trains so hard that the players end up collapsing with injuries halfway through the season. 
    You'd hope for him that Birmingham have a better physio setup than we do

Trouble is you could wonder if Birmingham have been ran as poorly as we have done of late, in which case they might not
  • Options
    Chuks didn't seem to play for them on Saturday. Injured?
  • Options
    Unused sub.
  • Options
    It is what it is
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Chuks didn't seem to play for them on Saturday. Injured?
    Was on the bench - They were holding on to a lead and getting pushed back so wouldnt have been the right sub to make

Instead Leko came on for them, so could try and use his pace to hit them on the counter
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    Unused sub.
    Was actually supprised Chuck's didn't come on, I really think he would have drove them forward for that second goal, would have suited him the way the game opened up
  • Options
    Don’t worry, Sheffield United will come good.
    I thought someone on CL made that up.
    But one of the studio guys on Quest actually said it on Saturday.
    PS Bowyer has worked miracles at Brum.
  • Options
    1-0 up at home to Derby. 15 minutes left.

He's standing in the touchline in his red v-neck jumper.