Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Who are this Derby County that people speak of?

Do they mean Wayne Rooney's Derby County?
    Formally Frank Lampards Derby County
  • Options
    Definitely want Wednesday relegated simply because I like going to Hillsborough. Obviously that’d be scuppered if we make it into the play offs and go on to win them but in the event of that I could live with the disappointment of missing out on going to a proper old school ground for the umpteenth time. 
  • Options
    Seeing Birmingham win with late goals after our record at conceding so many late goals under Bowyer really annoys me!

Fair play to him though, he's gone in and kept them up. I never thought any different, his mentality and what he demands was perfect for their situation short-term. Interesting to see what he does next season. 
    It’s how he gets on after more than half a season that counts. It’s how he reacts when things start going wrong, as they inevitably do in football, that really counts. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Seeing Birmingham win with late goals after our record at conceding so many late goals under Bowyer really annoys me!

Fair play to him though, he's gone in and kept them up. I never thought any different, his mentality and what he demands was perfect for their situation short-term. Interesting to see what he does next season. 
    It’s how he gets on after more than half a season that counts. It’s how he reacts when things start going wrong, as they inevitably do in football, that really counts. 
    But things have gone wrong - and he’s putting them right. They’re in the mix for relegation but not down to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a feeling Sheff Weds beat Derby last game of season to stay up.
    I'm hoping Wednesday beat Derby on the last day of the season to take the Rams down with them!
    I imagine both Wednesday and Wayne Romney's Derby think they are joining the European Super League next season along with all the other giants of the game
  • Options

Derby have an argument to join, Derby have won the league (twice) since Tottenham last did

mind you so have Leicester, Blackburn, Leeds, Everton, Villa, Forest and Ipswich 
  • Options
    I have a feeling Sheff Weds beat Derby last game of season to stay up.
    I'm hoping Wednesday beat Derby on the last day of the season to take the Rams down with them!
    I imagine both Wednesday and Wayne Romney's Derby think they are joining the European Super League next season along with all the other giants of the game

The invitations probably got lost in the post.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Scoham said:
    Birmingham scored off that throw in!

Obviously, you can't be offside direct from a throw in - so Birmingham packed the Stoke box, whose defenders dropped back to mark.
    Okay, it's going to be a hell of a long throw?

Nope. Watch the Blues defender come forward off the half way line, pick up a short throw in acres of space and drive unchallenged to the edge of the box, then lay the ball back to the advancing thrower ...... who crosses for the headed goal.

Never seen that tactic before. And it worked handsomely.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

But things have gone wrong - and he’s putting them right. They’re in the mix for relegation but not down to him.
    They didn't go wrong under his watch though. He's taken over from a manager that the players disliked so much they publicly mocked, so it would have been harder to not turn it around.

He's had a remarkable start though, good for him. I still wish he had left us sooner.
  • Options
    Someone might be able to prove me wrong here as I dont know the background setup @ Birmingham but what interests me most with Bowyer there this summer is how he copes in the transfer market.

Felt that Bowyer and Gallen would work so well together because the latter would go out finding the players and then Bowyer would use his name and experience to lure them to the club - Is there a Gallen type person already at Birmingham or is Bowyer pretty much going to have to both roles...? - Of course Lee had input into players coming into the club, it wasnt a repeat of Powell having players show up during the Roland era but at the same time I imagine it was Gallen who filtered out the shite before making certain player suggestions.
  • Options
    Last summer Birmingham brought in a lot of players, using the Bellingham money (and presumably using much of it to cover the losses). You imagine things will be much tighter this summer without that windfall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Last summer Birmingham brought in a lot of players, using the Bellingham money (and presumably using much of it to cover the losses). You imagine things will be much tighter this summer without that windfall
    I recently found out that they retired Bellingham's shirt when he left the club. Played less than a season. What an embarrassment.
  • Options
    Lyle starting for Forest tonight.

Maybe argued his case that he has a point or two to make to Bow ?  
  • Options
    Lyle starting for Forest tonight.

Maybe argued his case that he has a point or two to make to Bow ?  
    First start this year.  Could be lower in the table than Bowyer come the end of the game.
  • Options
    1-0 up early in the second half
  • Options
    LB is going to be feeling very smug at the moment.
  • Options
    Both teams playing at St Andrews this season look safe. 

The opposite of Barry Fry's gypsy curse
  • Options
    Both teams playing at St Andrews this season look safe. 

The opposite of Barry Fry's gypsy curse
    And with that Forest equalise  :D

Birmingham won't go down though