Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:
    Bizarrely, a good friend is in a chat with all the Jacksonville, and some of the Florida, beat reporters and insiders - so I've ended up getting the odd tidbit here and there. It's apparently a truth universally acknowledged that Flores is a very difficult man to work with, and he never really had the full backing of his players or staff, so letting him go is convenient at this point despite his record.
    I'm not a racial politics obsessive but a black man being fired for being 'difficult' doesn't sit very well.
    there was an article on TheRinger.com which was saying he didnt have a good relationship with the players and he has gone through 4 OC's and 2 DC's in four years as hard to work with.
    2 of the OC only had 1 year experience before joining him as he had difficulty recruiting experienced coaches to work with him

Threw Tua under the bus on multiple occasions as well
  • I know it will never happen, but it would be absolutely hilarious if the Steelers, "led" by Roethlisberger, ended up winning the Superbowl...
  • I know it will never happen, but it would be absolutely hilarious if the Steelers, "led" by Roethlisberger, ended up winning the Superbowl...
    Hilarious isn’t a word I’d use!!
    Hilarious isn’t a word I’d use!!
    Think black comedy...
  • It took them a day longer than everyone else but the Giants have fired Joe Judge.
  • Mac Jones hasn’t got the skills that Allen has, but has the coach to make the most of what he has
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to what should be a cracking Super Wildcard Weekend. I'll be surprised if the Eagles are good enough to beat Brady and the Bucs, and even more surprised if Big Ben can lead the Steelers to a win against the Chiefs, but the other 4 games look much tougher to call. I'll take 3 of the 4 home teams to progress but i fancy the 49'ers to go to Dallas and beat the Cowboys. Whatever happens it should be a lot of fun.
  • edited January 2022
    Very excited for this weekend's games. Back to back to back high drama affairs all around, please.

Mike Tirico & Drew Brees on commentary for Raiders @ Bengals. Ian Eagle & Charles Davis tonight for Patriots @ Bills.

Tomorrow each broadcast network is rolling out their big guns:
    Eagles @ Bucs is Buck & Aikman
    49ers @ Cowboys is Nantz & Romo
    Steelers @ Chiefs is Michaels & Collinsworth

And finally Cardinals @ Rams will be the usual monday night crew from ESPN of Levy, Griese & Riddick.
  • Let's go Buffalo!
  • Can't work out if I like Nantz and Romo or Michaels and Collinsworth the most
  • Hope the games are decided on good play rather than poor referee decisions.
    I'm a neutral for tonight's games.

Bengals should be comfortable winners but you never know. It's a miracle the raiders are in the playoffs with all the off field issues.

I'm going for the Patriots to take out the Bills due to the Belichick effect.
  • Good start to the first game. Shootout incoming?
  • Doesn't look like it.
  • Huge turnover for the Bengals.
  • Huge for the Raiders holding us to a FG
  • edited January 2022
    Raiders needed that to stay within a score early. 10-3 the lead for Cincinnati.
  • Sponsored links:

• Raiders D keeping them in it
  • Two huge runs from Jacobs and all of a sudden, Raiders are in business.
  • Raiders will be disappointed they only got a field goal out of that.
  • 4th & go for it
  • 20-6 Bengals. Raiders will do well to come back from this.
  • edited January 2022
    Raiders have to come away with points before half time. Can't come out second half with that big deficit.
  • Raiders have to come away with points before half time. Can't come out second half with that big deficit.
    It's only 2 scores though, a quick TD and a stop by the D early in the second half would be just as powerful
  • Big score for the Raiders to make it 20-13 before half time.
  • sam3110 said:
    Raiders have to come away with points before half time. Can't come out second half with that big deficit.
    It's only 2 scores though, a quick TD and a stop by the D early in the second half would be just as powerful

Don't the Bengals get the ball second half? Raiders would've had to stop them, score a TD, stop them again and score another TD. They haven't stopped the Bengals once in the first half so seemed a mountain...
  • sam3110 said:

Don't the Bengals get the ball second half? Raiders would've had to stop them, score a TD, stop them again and score another TD. They haven't stopped the Bengals once in the first half so seemed a mountain...
    Pretty irrelevant now anyway, but momentum in football is a huge thing, and we've seen countless times that halftime comes at a terrible time for teams seemingly in control. 

Will be interesting to see how Bengals approach the second half, if they are nip and tuck down the stretch, with that playoff record hanging over them, do they do balls to the wall and try to take undue risks?