Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fave Charlton Away Game (Excluding Sunderland @ Wembley)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I dont think anyone has mentioned the 3-0 away to Blackpool, last game of 2013-14? Great atmosphere in the away end and a Callum Harriott hatrick
    That was fun.
    12.15 k/o meant I got up at 2am to then change three times from St Pancras before arriving in Bleakpool.
    On the way back to the station I was beaten up by an inflatable penis from a hen party.
    What a horrible place.
  • Options
    I think Blackburn away in our last season in the premiership.  Was it 8k away fans?  Was almost like a carnival world cup atmosphere.  Shame about the football but everything else was great!
  • Options
    Man Utd Away 86, 0-1, Stuart 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I dont think anyone has mentioned the 3-0 away to Blackpool, last game of 2013-14? Great atmosphere in the away end and a Callum Harriott hatrick
    That was fun.
    12.15 k/o meant I got up at 2am to then change three times from St Pancras before arriving in Bleakpool.
    On the way back to the station I was beaten up by an inflatable penis from a hen party.
    What a horrible place.
    Was at the game too, 5am start from Hampshire. As it was a bank holiday thought the roads would be rammed, they were quiet, got there at 9. Great end of season win. I drove as it was cheaper for two of us to hire a car for the weekend than go by train. Blackpool is like marmite, you either love it or loathe it.
  • Options

4.25...great to hear Valley Floyd Road sung at it's rightful speed!!

So many great away days over the years!

5-2 at Grimsby is up there, even though we didn't get there until half time! 
  • Options
    The 4-3 win at Villa Park in 1999 which staved off relegation for one more week has to be the one for me.

1-0 CAFC (Barry og)
    1-1 AV
    1-2  CAFC (Mendonca)
    2-2 AV
    2-3  CAFC (Robinson)
    3-3 AV
    3-4 CAFC (Mills)

Last 10 mins with 10 men after Andy Petterson sent off.

I was living in Birminhgam at the time and was driving around the city for days afterwards with Charlton scarves fluttering from the windows. The locals must have wondered what was going on!
    That Villa match, I was stuck away in the right hand corner by the corner flag. I’d had to endure 80mins of some gobby Brummie kid giving it the biggun in that god awful drawling accent. When Danny Mills hit the winner, I went berserk. “Take that you <expletive> Brummie <expletive>  <expletive>  <expletive>  <expletive>  <expletive>“ Whilst trying to pull down the fencing which was firmly cemented into the ground. It was behaviour most unbecoming for a respected member of the community. Great memories ....
  • Options
    Liverpool 3-3. Part of a great weekend away with (mainly Liverpool supporting) mates. Spoilt only by missing out on a big win (I think 400-1 or so) from a £5 bet on Rufus to score first and a 2-2 final result. With 10 minutes to go I was working out how to get my winning away without being mugged by a scouser!
  • Options
    Leyton Orient 0 - 3 Charlton  Easter 1964. 

Crystal Palace 3 - 3 Charlton Aug 1969 crazy game 

Blackpool 5 - 0 Charlton April 1972 .I was not there, ruined my wedding day though.  Also Hitler's wedding anniversary and England lost to Germany at Wembley in European or World Cup qualifying game .

Millwall 0- 2 Charlton Feb 1977 (Old Den)

Wolves  2-2 Charlton  November 1966

Ipswich 1- 4 Charlton February 1966

Leyton Orient 1 - 1 Charlton  April 1978 saved us and them from relegation. 

Arsenal 2 - 4 Charlton Feb 2004 ?

Peterborough 1- 5 Charlton Oct 2010

Chesterfield 0 - 4 Charlton March 2012

Blackpool 0 - 3 Charlton May 2015

Rotherham 1 -  4 Charlton  Jan 2016 ?

Leeds 1 - 2 Charlton May 2016

Blackburn 1 - 2 Charlton Aug 2019

WBA 2 - 2 Charlton Oct 2019 for the endless noise our fans created...

Stoke 3 - 1 Charlton. Feb 2019...last attendance at an away game..damn it.
    That WBA game was horrible. All the Charlton nob-head brigade were out. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Blackpool 5 - 0 Charlton April 1972 .I was not there, ruined my wedding day though.  Also Hitler's wedding anniversary and England lost to Germany at Wembley in European or World Cup qualifying game .

Biggest nob-heads on display that game were Birmingham old bill.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Liverpool 3-3. Part of a great weekend away with (mainly Liverpool supporting) mates. Spoilt only by missing out on a big win (I think 400-1 or so) from a £5 bet on Rufus to score first and a 2-2 final result. With 10 minutes to go I was working out how to get my winning away without being mugged by a scouser!
    I was famous for my visions at that time, when we got to Anfield that day, I was hit with another vision. I told everyone that Rufus would score first, what end of the ground it would be at, and exactly how he would score it.  He was 80/1 for first scorer.  Everyone piled money on him.  I was young in those days and only had £3 left in my pocket and put it on him to score first.

He scored exactly as i described.  In those days, you could claim the money at your local shop the next day.  None of this online stuff nowadays.

So, I rocked in to Ladbrokes in Bexleyheath and claimed my £243.  The moaned that so many people had backed Rufus to score first.  I explained that was down to my vision.  They didn't look impressed. 

They then said matters were made worse as a guy had won a few thousand on a horse bet in their long lane shop.

I pointed out, that was my dad!!!! We proper did over the bookies that day 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any away game at Pompey, always a fantastic atmosphere
    when crowds are back
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I am not sure what incident you are talking about. I am talking about what happened at half-time. I was standing behind a bunch of Charlton fans who were an absolute embarrassment to the club. They were antagonising the police, smoking and being generally abusive, not only to the police but to other Charlton fans.

Same morons singing homophobic songs on the bus back after the Stoke City away match.
  • Options

4.25...great to hear Valley Floyd Road sung at it's rightful speed!!

So many great away days over the years!

5-2 at Grimsby is up there, even though we didn't get there until half time! 
    I remember a load of people turning up at half-time for that one. At least you got to see a brilliant second half. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Man Utd Away 86, 0-1, Stuart 
    We saw that match on our way back to London from holiday in Scotland,  via Manchester.  I sat in the family stand with our 3 while my wife sat in the car guarding the luggage on the roof.  I think we were the only Charlton supporters in that stand but we really enjoyed Stuart's goal!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Plus @clb74
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I’ve no idea when we’re going to be allowed to go to away games, just hope I’m not the only belting one Sebby Lewis, there’s only one Sebby Lewis., with even a Sebby Sebby do the worm at the end, I miss that fella.
  • Options
    Too many to mention,but one unforgettable trip to Sheff utd. for a cup replay.Coach was late turning up at The Antigallican ,it was one of the old style,driver in no hurry,at all,we had about 4 hours to get to game.Stopped at first service station for a break,(only been going hour and half.) carried on for a while,got a puncture,no spare.Breakdown vehicle came,we were all on the grass verge,totally pissed off,a fight broke out between two ladies.Got going,listening to radio,one down,two down,we had a vote,lets turn back,no said the driver we must go on.Got to Brammall lane,10 minutes from the end,now 3 down,rushed into stadium,got attacked by home supporters,police got us round into away end,and we pulled a goal back.Back onto coach,demanded and got our money back.Got home around 3ish,up at 5.30 for work.
  • Options
    Too many to mention,but one unforgettable trip to Sheff utd. for a cup replay.Coach was late turning up at The Antigallican ,it was one of the old style,driver in no hurry,at all,we had about 4 hours to get to game.Stopped at first service station for a break,(only been going hour and half.) carried on for a while,got a puncture,no spare.Breakdown vehicle came,we were all on the grass verge,totally pissed off,a fight broke out between two ladies.Got going,listening to radio,one down,two down,we had a vote,lets turn back,no said the driver we must go on.Got to Brammall lane,10 minutes from the end,now 3 down,rushed into stadium,got attacked by home supporters,police got us round into away end,and we pulled a goal back.Back onto coach,demanded and got our money back.Got home around 3ish,up at 5.30 for work.
    So did you tip the driver when getting back home?