Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    Milne and qais not playing is massive. Are we going to look at getting any replacements in ? 

Who will be available and up to speed to sign for one/two games though? The ECB made a big thing about having a short window for the 100, enabling the overseas players to come over, but simultaneously spread the Blast across the summer

The group stage started on the 9th June and finished on the 18th July

Then there was a a gap of nearly 6 weeks for the QF on the 27th August

Then there's a gap of 3 weeks for Finals day on the 18th September

So more or less a ridiculous NINE weeks  between the end of the group stage and Finals day.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Don’t bother checking the score 

that is all 
    Not so bad after all

Kent 232 all out
    Leics 66-5
  • Options
    68 for last wicket always welcome. 

Hopefully no tail wagging in this innings. 
  • Options
    Watched much of today's play via stream & although several of our lads failed with the bat, Jack & Zak did their utmost to keep us in the game. Got to love Jack Leaning .

Then, after a decent start by their openers, Grant S took 2 wickets, with Stevo, James L & Matt M taking 1 each.  Great stuff.

As MOL said, let's not allow their tail to wag tomorrow.

Woof woof ! 
  • Options
    Watched much of today's play via stream & although several of our lads failed with the bat, Jack & Zak did their utmost to keep us in the game. Got to love Jack Leaning .

Then, after a decent start by their openers, Grant S took 2 wickets, with Stevo, James L & Matt M taking 1 each.  Great stuff.

As MOL said, let's not allow their tail to wag tomorrow.

Woof woof ! 

I think Crawley's reaction to the shot he played in getting out was one of "I think I forgot that I was playing in a four day game" 
  • Options
    73-7!
  • Options
    100-8

Ed Barnes has also retired hurt having been hit on the head but it isn't clear whether he will be allowed to return or whether a concussion substitute will be permitted
  • Options
    101-9

Barnes has returned to the crease
  • Options
    109 all out
  • Options
    as the saying goes - never judge a score until both team have batted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Milnes 11-5-24-3                                                
    Darren Stevens 13-5-34-1                                            
    Grant Stewart 9-3-20-3                                                           
    James Logan 8.1-4-8-3                                                           
    Joe Denly 3-0-12-0                   

The interesting aspect of those figures is that Gilchrist didn't bowl a single over!                                           
  • Options
    James Logan's bowling figures for us this season are:

27.1-8-53-6

His career First Class record is now 10-138

• Options
    25-0 off 6 at lunch so we are now 148 in front
  • Options
    53-1

Crawley bowled Parkinson - as he was in the first innings - for 29
  • Options
    84-3

Denly out LBW for 20, swiftly followed by Cox caught at first slip for 38.

Super Kent lead by 207 with 7 wickets in hand.
  • Options
    128-4

Bilbo edges to the 'keeper with 19 against his name.

251 ahead.
  • Options
    142-5

Ollie Robinson bowled off stump for 5 by a ball that either a) squared him up and left him a touch; or b) he played well inside (delete according to your point of view)

The Lord God Stevo then smacked his second ball to the rope.
  • Options
    Early tea due to falling precipitation.

Kent 148-5, Leaning 33* Stevo 5*

The lead is 271.
  • Options
    142-5

Ollie Robinson bowled off stump for 5 by a ball that either a) squared him up and left him a touch; or b) he played well inside (delete according to your point of view)

I think I'd probably go for a) It looked like a ball that straightened enough to beat the outside edge but only just clipped the off stump as evidenced by its position post dismissal. In essence, he probably didn't do that much wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    142-5

I think I'd probably go for a) It looked like a ball that straightened enough to beat the outside edge but only just clipped the off stump as evidenced by its position post dismissal. In essence, he probably didn't do that much wrong
    When I saw it live (or at least as live as the YooToob feed allows) I thought a), good ball.

Then I saw the replay and wondered if there was a touch of b) about it.

In the end it doesn't make any difference what we think, it's down in the book as just "bowled", not "bowled by a jaffa" or "bowled by a straight'un that he missed".
  • Options
    Post-tea resumption of play was a bit tardy due to the rain but in the twenty minutes since the restart Kent have moved onto 167-6, with Jack Leaning edging Parkinson to first slip for 34.

At the other end God is having a bit of fun, 22 off 19 balls including a rather large six. Stewart is 1*.

Lead up to 290.
  • Options
    And now Stewart has had his furniture rearranged by Barnes.

167-7.
  • Options
    Leics need 300 at least to win now. Given the scores to date and that one wouldn't imagine that the pitch is going to improve out of all proportion, it would be extremely disappointing if we cannot defend that.

That said, we are Kent!
  • Options
    Parkinson gets another as Gunner Gould gives Matt Milnes out lbw for 5.

Having said that, Blind Pew would have given the Black Spot for that delivery.

190-8, a lead of 313.
  • Options
    200 and 50 up.

God pushes a gentle single to bring up his personal half-century and the team 200.

323 ahead.
  • Options
    200 up, Stevens 50* and a lead of 323
  • Options
    And Gilchrist out too
  • Options
    Meanwhile ...

Parkinson is making the ball talk out there - he bags a fiver-fer (19-9-37-5) as he bamboozles Gilchrist who departs for a 13-ball blob.

200-9.