Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    That took a while but 103-7

One to Logan caught behind by the skipper
  • Options
    128-8

Another to Logan who is proving to be a real find
  • Options
    Meanwhile ...

Parkinson is making the ball talk out there - he bags a fiver-fer (19-9-37-5) as he bamboozles Gilchrist who departs for a 13-ball blob.

200-9.
    Gilchrist is in line for the mother of all TFCs (thanks for coming)

Run out for a duck in the 1st innings
    Didn't bowl a single ball in Leics' innings and didn't contribute in the field with a catch or run out
    Out without troubling the scorers in our 2nd innings too  

As they say in the trade, I just hope he ate his lunch and tea nicely!
    Clearly Gilchrist did eat his lunch nicely because he's been rewarded by coming on to bowl first change
    6 overs with no wickets, going at just under 5 an over, ensuring no late bid to be the MoM
  • Options
    138-8, chasing 386.

Should we be worried?

Current run rate is 4.29 whereas the asking rate is only 1.66.

I think we need to put a strangle on the runs otherwise this might just get away from us ...
  • Options
    138-8, chasing 386.

Should we be worried?

Current run rate is 4.29 whereas the asking rate is only 1.66.

I think we need to put a strangle on the runs otherwise this might just get away from us ...
    If they get another 248 runs with 2 wickets in hand I'm becoming a Surrey supporter!!!!
  • Options
    Milnes gets his 6th wicket albeit that the Umpire has given the bat out caught off his helmet!
  • Options
    Milnes first 6 wicket haul
  • Options
    Another wicket, 161-9.

Depending on your standpoint the batsman top-edged or head-butted a Milnes delivery high into the air which then fell into Bilbo's waiting gloves.

The batsman obviously felt it came off his noggin as he may have said a few words towards the umpire.

I suspect a "please explain" notice will be heading his way shortly.
  • Options
    161-9
    Leicestershire need 221 runs to win
  • Options
    Enjoying this reversed Leicester batting order
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This last wicket stand is seriously getting on my t*ts !
  • Options
    234-9. They've been going at a fair rate, so the second new ball is some way off
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Phew!

That was getting a bit too close for my liking but Kent finally win their first Championship match of the season after dismissing Leics for 253 to scrape home by 132 runs.

Gilchrist took the final wicket so that he had something to show for his efforts (apart from a few cake crumbs down his top).
  • Options
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Great to win a match but even then we struggle to bowl the tail enders out. A win's a win though!
  • Options
    DBD has made 11 and 0 in the current 2nd X1 game against Middlesex. If ever one wants to see the difference that technique makes in playing red and white ball DBD is a fine example:

First Class: Average 31.78 Strike Rate 50.13
    List A: Average 42.26 Strike Rate 81.50
    T20: Average 30.68 Strike Rate 135.37
  • Options
    DBD has made 11 and 0 in the current 2nd X1 game against Middlesex. If ever one wants to see the difference that technique makes in playing red and white ball DBD is a fine example:

And yet he has been recalled to the four day game starting today as replacement for Billings - not just in the side but as captain too.
  • Options

And yet he has been recalled to the four day game starting today as replacement for Billings - not just in the side but as captain too.
    Talk about a change of fortunes for DBD. In yesterday's preview he was named in the squad as Captain. Today though he hasn't even made the XI. The reason for this is in Kent's updated press release: 

Zak Crawley will captain Kent for the third time in his career.

Sam Billings will join the Kent squad at the close of India’s second innings in the fourth Test at The Oval.

He will replace one member of Kent’s Starting XI when he arrives. Whom he replaces will be able to play a full part in the match up until Billings’ arrival. If they bats in an innings, Billings is unable to also bat in that innings.

If they are batting when Billings arrives, they will bat until the end of their innings and Billings is unable to bat.

Unsurprisingly, given these circumstances, having won the toss Kent have elected to field. One suspects that the 12th man in the last game, O'Riordan, will be the one replaced.  Presumably Billings will take the gloves off Robinson too. Whether he is the better of the two keepers is debatable though.

• Options
    Why no Podmore ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Why no Podmore ?
    He must be injured because he didn't play in the 2s game this week and wasn't in the 13 for this game
  • Options
    5-1

Milnes carrying on where he left in the match
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Why no Podmore ?
    He must be injured because he didn't play in the 2s game this week and wasn't in the 13 for this game
    He was in the 13, as per the website preview 
  • Options
    9-2

Milnes again
  • Options
    What a complicated situation, I assume because of Covid, the sub fielder has to be in the bubble, rather than being a local youngster
  • Options
    What a complicated situation, I assume because of Covid, the sub fielder has to be in the bubble, rather than being a local youngster
    I don't think the bubbles exist any more and that the players just need to be tested regularly.

Things have become a bit more relaxed in that respect. Ravi Shastri, for example, has just tested positive but it is only three other backroom staff that are having to isolate. He would have been in close proximity of all the Indian players. There is no question that the players will have to isolate which makes it a bit of mystery as to why the other backroom staff are having to do so.
  • Options
    36-5

One to Gilchrist
  • Options
    54/6. God gets his 1st of the day.

22.3 overs bowled in an hour and half.
    Be lucky to get that many in a session in a test match.
  • Options
    54-6

You can't keep a good man down! Stevens in his second spell picks one up