Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Hampshire v Somerset

Kent v Sussex

All southern group line-up for finals day.
  • Quality evening. Great to see us qualify for finals day again should be a brilliant day. 2 tight games!! 
  • edited August 2021
    Great result, but that scorecard doesn't reflect how near the Bears were to throwing the door open. All part of the joy of cricket- we move on, which is good considering how the season has gone. Must have been geat being there tonight.
  • Fantastic performance by Sam Billings, more for his captaincy than his 56 runs. So many other top performances with the ball too. Delighted for Milnes.

Roll on Edgbaston!
  • How did we do in the group game’s against these 3 ? 
  • What a fabulous evening! Wasn't  too confident after our innings (I think we looked rusty) but we did it! Bonus was reconnecting with the ever gorgeous and  delightful Jean 
  • MrOneLung said:
    How did we do in the group game’s against these 3 ? 

Not that great - lost twice to Somerset, lost to Sussex and beat Hants in our only matches against those two
  • Thought we made slightly hard work of that.

I always think teams sometimes seem to stick to prepared plans too closely. Leaning was considered a fill in bowler to squeeze out 2 overs in the middle, when he should have bowled at least another one, as Fred was bowling dross.
  • edited August 2021
    What a fabulous evening! Wasn't  too confident after our innings (I think we looked rusty) but we did it! Bonus was reconnecting with the ever gorgeous and  delightful Jean 
    Is that Jean Tindall?
  • Sponsored links:

• What a fabulous evening! Wasn't  too confident after our innings (I think we looked rusty) but we did it! Bonus was reconnecting with the ever gorgeous and  delightful Jean 
    Is that Jean Tindell?
    Our Fanny
  • I get mixed up there was Jean King, Jean Huelin and Jean Tindall.
    All long time stalwarts and involved behind the scenes for many a day.🤔
    Is that Jean Tindall?
    No Jean Huelin.
  • Stewart said:
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was very near you, that guy in the colourful hat was bonkers  ;)

Joe Denly baby!

I was impressed when Zak noticed that we didn't have enough fielders outside the ring, and stopped the bowler
  • As a qualifying county, Kent Cricket has access to a limited number of tickets. Members and Six Pack Holders will be given a two hour priority window to purchase up to two tickets each, from 13:00 on Tuesday 31 August, via edgbaston.com.
    Supporters that have purchased a ticket for a home Vitality Blast match during the 2021 Group stage and Quarter Final will be in the second Ticket Priority Group, and will also be able to purchase up to two tickets.
    Members and Six Pack Holders will receive an email at 11:30 on Tuesday 31 August with a promo code allowing them to purchase tickets at 13:00 the same day.  
    Eligible ticket holders will receive an email with their promo code at 15:00, and will be able to purchase remaining tickets at that time.
    For non-members, and supporters that have not purchased a ticket for the 2021 Vitality Blast group stages, there will be a ‘Spitfires Supporters Ticket Window’.
    Sign-ups are now open by clicking on the link below, and will close on Tuesday 31 August at 14:00.
  • Excellent fielding performance 
  • Nearly didn’t go and so glad I did ! Superb!
  • Sponsored links:

• As an Anti-Hundredist, it’s good to see three counties that don’t play at Hundred venues qualifying for Finals Day. I wish it was all four, that’s all.
    It's indicative of the fact that, in white ball, we have a very competitive side. Not, though, IF we are robbed of all of the X1 that played last night to, in a lot of cases, sit on the side lines while that Mickey Mouse competition is going on. This effectively means that there are only two competitions that are available to the first teams of counties and that when it comes to Members buying season tickets they are, naturally, going to be reluctant to do so. 
    Last night Kent's 11 included NINE players who were involved in the Hundred ! How on earth is a county that doesn't have a Test Match ground supposed to field a team during August with NINE of their squad MIA ? 

Compare this with Essex who I believe I heard had NO players involved?

It's a minor miracle that our lads were able to regroup so swiftly and battle their way to the final stages of this competition. 

Level playing field ?

NOT.

Pride, fighting spirit and determination?

YES.

Including the late call ups of Milnes and Leaning all eleven were involved at some point in The Hundred. Of those, Denly, Blake, Crawley, Billings, Crawley and DBD were all home grown. How many of those that played for the Oval Invincibles came through their world renowned Academy?
  • As an Anti-Hundredist, it’s good to see three counties that don’t play at Hundred venues qualifying for Finals Day. I wish it was all four, that’s all.
    It's indicative of the fact that, in white ball, we have a very competitive side. Not, though, IF we are robbed of all of the X1 that played last night to, in a lot of cases, sit on the side lines while that Mickey Mouse competition is going on. This effectively means that there are only two competitions that are available to the first teams of counties and that when it comes to Members buying season tickets they are, naturally, going to be reluctant to do so. 
    Last night Kent's 11 included NINE players who were involved in the Hundred ! How on earth is a county that doesn't have a Test Match ground supposed to field a team during August with NINE of their squad MIA ? 

Compare this with Essex who I believe I heard had NO players involved?

It's a minor miracle that our lads were able to regroup so swiftly and battle their way to the final stages of this competition. 

Level playing field ?

NOT.

Pride, fighting spirit and determination?

YES.

I wonder if one of the reasons we won last night was the lads did in in spite of the Hundred? I wonder if the being back together added the 12th man in some way. How did Essex not have anyone involved, that seems very 'odd'.  Brilliant that all 4 southern teams made it though, especially 3 not having a franchise. 

We're due to go to Spain in 3 weeks, so can't go to finals day. We're really looking forward to our holiday (if it does go ahead) but I can't help being disappointed I can't go to the finals
  • edited August 2021
    Could it just be possible that Kent did so well last night because so many of their players played in The Hundred, not in spite of?
  • Could it just be possible that Kent did so well last night because so many of their players played in The Hundred, not in spite of?
    No. Because most of them didn't play much! 
  • Could it just be possible that Kent did so well last night because so many of their players played in The Hundred, not in spite of?
    No. Because most of them didn't play much! 
    Sorry if what I said is incorrect, but I was going by @Fanny Fanackapans comment that  'Last night Kent's 11 included NINE players who were involved in the Hundred'. 
  • Well done Super Kent!