Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    Stewart said:
    That’s a shame. So busy at work today, was only able to get on at 12:15. SOLD OUT!

Oh well, better cancel the hotel I’ve booked. 

Enjoy your evening out guys. 

Come on Super Kent. 
    Have messaged you again, Stewart & this time you're gonna like this one ( I hope !) 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    That’s a shame. So busy at work today, was only able to get on at 12:15. SOLD OUT!

Oh well, better cancel the hotel I’ve booked. 

Enjoy your evening out guys. 

Come on Super Kent. 
    Have messaged you again, Stewart & this time you're gonna like this one ( I hope !) 
    Behave yourself you are a married woman 😋
  • Options
    Didn't realise they came out today - been checking the website loads - oh well, must have missed when they were getting released.

Thankfully YouTube should have it covered - unless it is on Sky
  • Options
    Didn't realise they came out today - been checking the website loads - oh well, must have missed when they were getting released.

Thankfully YouTube should have it covered - unless it is on Sky
    I would have thought all 4 QFs would be on Sky.
  • Options
    After "lounging" in the "waiting room " for 30mins I've managed to buy our tkts for the Q Final ! YES! 

@PrincessFiona _- Have messaged you so can you please get back to me , thanks.
    Interesting experience with their website. Took me an hour to get four but eventually managed it.
  • Options
    That makes 11 Addicks attending that I'm aware of but sure there will be loads more. 
  • Options
    Me too, make that 12  :)
  • Options
    It's farcical that you play the group stages of the Blast, the players go off for the 100, then several weeks later the competition resumes!

The 100 final is on Saturday 21st, then 3 days later there's the first Blast QF. Indeed other than the Test match, the 4 QFs are the ONLY men's cricket that week...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We dont need any white ball cricket, we need more red ball otherwise kiss goodbye to a decent test team - the players don't play enough red ball cricket at county level to get into any form for tests
  • Options
    We dont need any white ball cricket, we need more red ball otherwise kiss goodbye to a decent test team - the players don't play enough red ball cricket at county level to get into any form for tests
    The same applies to bowlers as well as batsmen. White ball bowling (for the likes of Moeen and Curran) is very different from red ball bowling
  • Options
    redman said:
    Middle of summer, supposedly. No kent game for 2 weeks, not that the've really played for the last month. An insult to county fans. County cricket almost dead. Killed off by greed of ECB. 
    The counties voted for the ECB 100 plan, including reducing their future voting power. They could have said no, split the reserves and appointed new ECB staff. Kent thought about it i think but had little support. 
    It’s the greed of the counties and their players for short term gains. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    redman said:
    Middle of summer, supposedly. No kent game for 2 weeks, not that the've really played for the last month. An insult to county fans. County cricket almost dead. Killed off by greed of ECB. 
    The counties voted for the ECB 100 plan, including reducing their future voting power. They could have said no, split the reserves and appointed new ECB staff. Kent thought about it i think but had little support. 
    It’s the greed of the counties and their players for short term gains. 
    Turkeys voting for Christmas 
  • Options
    If you were to put together a world X1 from those currently playing in the Hundred verses those not playing in the Hundred how many would get into both?

Rashid Khan and.............well then I'm struggling. If we were to do the same with the IPL we would be talking an all together different language.
  • Options
    If you were to put together a world X1 from those currently playing in the Hundred verses those not playing in the Hundred how many would get into both?

Rashid Khan and.............well then I'm struggling. If we were to do the same with the IPL we would be talking an all together different language.
    Khan would be the only one for me , think the amount of players that were originally signed and then pulled out for various reasons has impacted it. It's left you with overseas that you'd normally see in the Blast anyway. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    A quick look showed there was no Kent team in the Hundred  and I've barely checked the results since. I grew up on Kent cricket,  poor as it often is, and I won't be suporting London, Birmingham or Southampton. 
    I have no idea if the new teams will bring in fresh fans, but I doubt I'm the only one disenfranchised by the Hundred. And if it strangles the county game, the ECB should hang their heads in shame.
    This 100%. And I certainly won't be supporting the franchise which, according to Wikipedia, is supposed to be "representing the historic county of Kent". One Kent player in their side and about 93 Surrey. And before anyone says that the side is picked on merit, may I just remind you which of the two teams qualified for the T20 quarter finals? Clue - it wasn't Surrey. Down with the Oval Invincibles Surrey Incognitos!
  • Options
    Fantastic post again @Grapevine49. Not that I'm surprised, given the school you attended! 
  • Options
    On a positive note (of sorts) for Kent, Alex Blake played tonight and got a decent 44no, so hopefully will return to us in a bit of form
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a positive note (of sorts) for Kent, Alex Blake played tonight and got a decent 44no, so hopefully will return to us in a bit of form
    Great stuff ! 

Mind you . it's about time ! 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Khan would be the only one for me , think the amount of players that were originally signed and then pulled out for various reasons has impacted it. It's left you with overseas that you'd normally see in the Blast anyway. 
    Agree with this covid has had a big effect. Wasn’t Warner and others originally drafted ? 

The BBCI don’t let the Indian players play in any other short form tournament apart from the IPL which takes a bit chunk of the world best  players out of consideration. 
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/important-ticketing-update-lv-insurance-county-championship/?utm_source=Kent County Cricket Club&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12599651_Champo on sale non-member&dm_i=1NLC,7I1YB,AH71TZ,UI84R,1

The remaining County Championship games are now on open sale. I'm sure people will be desperate to watch Kent in the 3rd division of this season's competition!

A good chance for Zak to get some runs though
  • Options
    Best laid plans and all that.

Booked an hotel for the T20 QF at a good price as soon as we knew the date. Cancelable too in case we didn't get tickets. 

Just found out the hotel is being taken over by the government (for refugees) and of course all other good options are already gone, but have managed to get something.

I know it is horrific what is happening in Afghanistan and other people are going to have hotel bookings canceled too
  • Options
    How does a fully fit, in form, batsman go 50 days, at the height of the summer, without one minute in the middle? Because that's the situation that Jordan Cox has found himself in - last batted on 7th July and will, potentially, be in our QF side on Friday having not picked up a bat in anger since then!

And whilst he has been rewarded for doing nothing, that really doesn't help Kent does it?
  • Options
    How does a fully fit, in form, batsman go 50 days, at the height of the summer, without one minute in the middle? Because that's the situation that Jordan Cox has found himself in - last batted on 7th July and will, potentially, be in our QF side on Friday having not picked up a bat in anger since then!

And whilst he has been rewarded for doing nothing, that really doesn't help Kent does it?
    Exactly!
  • Options

I bet Jordan has.

I reckon he's picked up his bat and waved it in the air shouting "why the hell aren't I getting a chance to play and bat?! Bloody incompetent ECB and their chuffin' Hundred rubbish stuffing up a sensible program for the County game instead of pandering to idiots with an attention span shorter than an England test opener's innings ..."
  • Options
    A number of Kent players were pretty peripheral to the proceedings. The stats don't make great reading really

https://www.thehundred.com/stats/men?stat=runsScored

Denly had 5 innings, Blake and DBD 3. Zak played once before being recalled to England duty and dropped.

Adam Milne had a great tournament, is he returning to Kent?