Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Sussex are 114 for 3 with 12.0 overs left
  • Looks like that rain dance @Fanny Fanackapan taught me has worked 
    You're no Fanny! Back out and 114-3 off 17 (29 overs now)
  • 209-7 off 29
  • 48-0 off 5!

Robinson 23* (20)
    Muyeye 23* (11)

There are some very dark clouds around but 10 overs constitutes a game
  • 50-1
    Kent need 160 runs to win from 23.5 overs (DLS)
  • Robinson out and Kuhn unable to bat at present due to injury so Harry Finch in against the County that let him go
  • Oh dear! Rain has stopped play with the score on 50-1 off 5.4
  • Oh dear! Rain has stopped play with the score on 50-1 off 5.4
    @Addick Addict as it stands who wins if there is no more play? 
  • Stewart said:
    Oh dear! Rain has stopped play with the score on 50-1 off 5.4
    Nobody. 10 overs each needed for a result
  • mart77 said:
    Stewart said:
    Oh dear! Rain has stopped play with the score on 50-1 off 5.4
    Nobody. 10 overs each needed for a result
    Oh yes, haha. Thought it was 5 overs. Cheers Mart
  • Sponsored links:

• Robinson out and Kuhn unable to bat at present due to injury so Harry Finch in against the County that let him go
    FFS ! 

Is Kuhn merely unlucky or, as I'm beginning to think, a waste of space ? 
  • Match abandoned unshockingly 😫😫
    FFS ! 

Is Kuhn merely unlucky or, as I'm beginning to think, a waste of space ? 
    I've not had it confirmed but I'm not sure that Kuhn has really recovered from his calf injury. In any event, I believe that his contract runs out at the end of the season and as he is now defined as an overseas player I would be surprised if he is offered a new one.
  • Were the previous Charlton medical team hired by Kent instead?

Kuhn always injured, Qayyum and Groenewald forced to retire...
  • To be fair Kuhn was fine when he first joined but what with the pandemic last season and the absolute shambles of this season I strongly suspect he has the view he did not sign up to play for Kent Third XI.

How many new faces has he seen come through the door? With The Hundred even the Head Coach has buggered off.

The challenge for any veteran is to maintain anywhere near match fitness if you do not play regularly. It is a very slippery slope. Quite frankly I am not sure someone like Denly should be even playing. Whenever and where ever he is playing these days I am not sure any player has ever looked so thoroughly miserable.

Kuhn has overall been far from a waste of space even if he didn’t help us get over the victory line too often. 

I suspect he may well be heading home after the season closes. Stellar signing? No. Good solid professional with no little talent? Absolutely.
  • To be fair Kuhn was fine when he first joined but what with the pandemic last season and the absolute shambles of this season I strongly suspect he has the view he did not sign up to play for Kent Third XI.

How many new faces has he seen come through the door? With The Hundred even the Head Coach has buggered off.

The challenge for any veteran is to maintain anywhere near match fitness if you do not play regularly. It is a very slippery slope. Quite frankly I am not sure someone like Denly should be even playing. Whenever and where ever he is playing these days I am not sure any player has ever looked so thoroughly miserable.

Kuhn has overall been far from a waste of space even if he didn’t help us get over the victory line too often. 

I suspect he may well be heading home after the season closes. Stellar signing? No. Good solid professional with no little talent? Absolutely.
    Fair points, as always, Grapevine49. Maybe my frustrations around one of our senior players amongst a trio or more of untried guys have led to me being somewhat unfairly critical. 

Your comments re The Hundred's fallout  add fuel to the fire I've continued to stoke regarding the decimation of county sides in the 50 over games.

As far as JD is concerned, his demeanour is very concerning. 
  • A long shot I know, but if any Kent member isn't able to go to the Blast QF could they pm me. I have an Invita number but I don't think that will allow me to purchase tickets until 11 August. And with a capacity of a paltry 1,500, I cannot see any tickets being available to non-members.

We have booked a hotel, but with a cancellation option, as realised we likely won't get tickets
  • We've now lost Matt Milnes to the Welsh Fire, ridiculous

• edited August 2021
    We've now lost Matt Milnes to the Welsh Fire, ridiculous

How much longer before we need to play the U14s?!
  • Look at the team below which is made up of players all now contracted to the Hundred and apart from one possible change this would be our best white ball side:

Bell-Drummond
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Leaning
    Blake
    Cox
    Milnes
    Milne
    Klaassen
    Qais Ahmad

Kuhn is injured. Groenwald and Quayyum retired as a result of imjury. That's 14 players from our squad missing.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    But the hundred is so exciting and the type of cricket everyone wants to watch……..

it’s on free tv and I haven’t watched more than an hour. 

Unless it’s England I have no interest in any other cricket team other than Kent, and certainly not one including the word Oval. 

From what I did see it’s a shorter version of 20/20 and I am not a great fan of that as it’s too short. 

Has anyone who was against it changed their minds as according to an interview I heard everyone loves it. 
  • But the hundred is so exciting and the type of cricket everyone wants to watch……..

it’s on free tv and I haven’t watched more than an hour. 

Unless it’s England I have no interest in any other cricket team other than Kent, and certainly not one including the word Oval. 

From what I did see it’s a shorter version of 20/20 and I am not a great fan of that as it’s too short. 

Has anyone who was against it changed their minds as according to an interview I heard everyone loves it. 
    Nope, still against.

I tried looking at a score of one game on the ecb app but it directed me to the App Store to download the 100 app. I didn’t care that much
  • A long shot I know, but if any Kent member isn't able to go to the Blast QF could they pm me. I have an Invita number but I don't think that will allow me to purchase tickets until 11 August. And with a capacity of a paltry 1,500, I cannot see any tickets being available to non-members.

We have booked a hotel, but with a cancellation option, as realised we likely won't get tickets
    We will be looking to purchase 2 tickets too as non members. 

Would be grateful for any assistance as per our fellow Lifer. 

Thanks.

Thanks.
    I thought you were members as regulars? Of course Fanny is 100% totally deservedly first in line for any tickets, but if there are any more, I'd be very grateful
  • Another thought re the Hundred.

Surely there should be a limit as to how many players can be involved from each county ? 

FOURTEEN absolutely kills our One Day season.

This is now feckin ridiculous. 

I challenge anyone on here to defend this.
  • Another thought re the Hundred.

Surely there should be a limit as to how many players can be involved from each county ? 

FOURTEEN absolutely kills our One Day season.

This is now feckin ridiculous. 

I challenge anyone on here to defend this.
    Totally agree
  • edited August 2021
    A long shot I know, but if any Kent member isn't able to go to the Blast QF could they pm me. I have an Invita number but I don't think that will allow me to purchase tickets until 11 August. And with a capacity of a paltry 1,500, I cannot see any tickets being available to non-members.

Thanks.
    I thought you were members as regulars? Of course Fanny is 100% totally deservedly first in line for any tickets, but if there are any more, I'd be very grateful
    No way, PF ! 

No more worthy than any other Spitfire non members. 

Can't afford to buy memberships or packages on offer as we don't attend 4 dayers or every single limited over match, partly due to length of drive to & from Canterbury each time. 

Hasn't been an issue in the past though and hoping that the ground has full capacity status by the time the Quarter Final comes around. 

Fingers crossed all 4 of us make this one & that our Hundred 
  • Kent play Middlesex at Radlett on Friday in the 50 over competition. 2 years ago that would have been a cracking contest, seeing that Kent star names battle it out against Morgan, Finn, Sowter etc

Thanks.
    No way, PF ! 

No more worthy than any other Spitfire non members. 

Can't afford to buy memberships or packages on offer as we don't attend 4 dayers or every single limited over match, partly due to length of drive to & from Canterbury each time. 

Hasn't been an issue in the past though and hoping that the ground has full capacity status by the time the Quarter Final comes around. 

Fingers crossed all 4 of us make this one & that our Hundred 
    No, you deserve far more than me. You're our Fanny! And more

I think they are hoping t agree a larger capacity by the time tickets go on sale for non-members.

And yes, lets hope we call all go!