Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    If Charlton and Gillingham can have unlimited capacity on Saturday, surely so can Kent at Canterbury?
    Exactly. Still not confident of getting tickets though!
  • Options
    If Charlton and Gillingham can have unlimited capacity on Saturday, surely so can Kent at Canterbury?

Had a quick shufty at the Kent News pages and they were hoping to extend capacity to 4k. I wasn't actually sure if we are members or not - our account refers to membership but I don't recall forking out when we joined so I expect we aren't the right type of members as we didn't get an email on 30 July.
  • Options

Had a quick shufty at the Kent News pages and they were hoping to extend capacity to 4k. I wasn't actually sure if we are members or not - our account refers to membership but I don't recall forking out when we joined so I expect we aren't the right type of members as we didn't get an email on 30 July.
    Me too. I have an Invicta number which I think is online membership, so I was hopeful it might be enough. But I didn't get the email either and haven't bought any kind of membership as mentioned on the website.

Even £4k tickets would go quick, so realistically I'm not likely to get any
  • Options

Me too. I have an Invicta number which I think is online membership, so I was hopeful it might be enough. But I didn't get the email either and haven't bought any kind of membership as mentioned on the website.

We just tried and no joy. Think you are right about not getting one. Looks like watching on TV.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

We just tried and no joy. Think you are right about not getting one. Looks like watching on TV.
    We got into the queue on one laptop but unsurprisingly no further. Even with a capacity of 4k (no chance , I can see members snapping al of those up, less whatever they have reserved for the oppo. If only 1,500, no chance!

Edited

4k tickets!
  • Options

Must be some rich people around if £4000 tickets are going to sell out.
  • Options
    Anyone know if we do get through this stage what happens about the final? 

I’ve seen edgebaston have stated it’s a sell out already? Do Kent get given a percent of tickets to sell to their members ?? 
  • Options
    Anyone know if we do get through this stage what happens about the final? 

I’ve seen edgebaston have stated it’s a sell out already? Do Kent get given a percent of tickets to sell to their members ?? 
    Mad if they have sold the tickets before they know who the 4 teams are. Might encourage tickets being sold on by supporters of team who aren't in it, not that they couldn't do that when the 4 teams are know, but less likely
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/spitfires-vs-bears-capacity-update/
    Capacity of 4000 confirmed

That includes 500 in a temporary stand, but nobody in the Woolley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent's Sean Dickson scores a one day hundred .. for Durham
  • Options

That's great news ! 

Only read the latest email from Kent this afternoon where it was stated they were still trying to increase capacity for the Quarter Final.

Fanackapans .....

You might get to the "ball" after all ! 
  • Options

That's great, but am still sceptical we'll get tickets-we can but try
  • Options

We'll storm the gates together if need be ! 
  • Options

We'll storm the gates together if need be ! 
    If only! The mind boggles!
  • Options
    Kent v Middx 

Kent posted 217-9 from 35 overs 

middlesex are 145-7 from 25.4
  • Options
    What is the capacity at Canterbury? Why only 4,000 tickets for the T20 QF if football clubs are not restricted?
  • Options
    Kent are currently 70-4 off 14.2 overs in what is a 27 overs a side match with rain having stopped play.

Joe Gordon (19) has just joined Darren Stevens (45). I wonder how often there has been, in the history of English cricket, a 26 year difference between the two players at the crease?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent are currently 70-4 off 14.2 overs in what is a 27 overs a side match with rain having stopped play.

Joe Gordon (19) has just joined Darren Stevens (45). I wonder how often there has been, in the history of English cricket, a 26 year difference between the two players at the crease?
    Pre World War 2 it would have happened frequently. Frank Woolley (born 27 May 1887) and Doug Wright (born 21 August 1914) for instance being a Kentish example. Jack Hobbs at Surrey too plus sundry others from other counties.
  • Options
    97-8  :#
  • Options
    Hampshire win by 6 wickets (DLS Method)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Hampshire win by 6 wickets (DLS Method)
    I'm confused how the DLS method came into it, seeing that Hampshire reached Kent's total. Normally a DLS target is a reduced one
  • Options
    After Kent made 105 It seems DLS increased Hampshire's target up from 106 to 107???
  • Options
    After Kent made 105 It seems DLS increased Hampshire's target up from 106 to 107???
    I believe this is because DLS takes into account that for a period before the rain interrupted play, Kent thought they had the full amount of overs. Therefore, they would have approached the game in a certain way, taking into account the wickets they had lost and overs left.

Hypothetical - 50 over game. Maybe going along well on 125-3 off 25 overs. It rains and game is reduced to 26 overs. You now have plenty of wickets to spare and would approach the final over aggressively. 

Opponents now know they have say 140 to chase off 26 overs BUT can plan ahead for all 10 wickets and what rate to chase at, including being aggressive for say final 5 overs if they’ve plenty of wickets left

Quite how on earth they can write a formula to account for all that I do not know!

• Options
    edited August 2021
    That’s a shame. So busy at work today, was only able to get on at 12:15. SOLD OUT!

Oh well, better cancel the hotel I’ve booked. 

Enjoy your evening out guys. 

Come on Super Kent. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    That’s a shame. So busy at work today, was only able to get on at 12:15. SOLD OUT!

Come on Super Kent. 
    Have messaged you , Stewart
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Come on Super Kent. 
    Have messaged you , Stewart
    Fanny to the rescue? What would we do without our Fanny?