Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Millar to Chuks, who does a bit of inadvertent ball juggling, back to Millar who gets sandwiched and we have a freekick
  • I’ve now lost interest in this match. Can’t see us getting back into this. I’ve come to the conclusion that to be successful in this league, you have to be really organised. The teams that have done a job on us so far, Accrington, Portsmouth, Doncaster have all been well organised from back to front. They have players that work well in a team, work for each other. As for us, we’re just so disorganised and hopeful 
  • kafka said:
    Manager and coach not up to this. We are far too easy to beat. The bragging about improving players is starting to grate. 
    Exactly 
  • Why is Bowyer so obsessed with the diamond formation. It isn’t working. It hasn’t been working. 
  • What style of play are we even attempting anymore? 

Looks like a bunch of players that have never played together before. That's down to coaching, or lack of. 
    making 4 changes a game doesn’t help.
  • Watson is utter utter pony.
  • Not good is it?
  • edited February 2021
    Can some one pass this on to LB and the coaches. To score a Charlton player and the ball need to be in and around the opposition goal area, at the same time.  Now he may think he has that, but revelation for you LB is the ball and player need to in the same place at the same time .... 
  • Watson with a quality shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockley will be on the phone to his agent after this 
  • _MrDick said:
    I’ve now lost interest in this match. Can’t see us getting back into this. I’ve come to the conclusion that to be successful in this league, you have to be really organised. The teams that have done a job on us so far, Accrington, Portsmouth, Doncaster have all been well organised from back to front. They have players that work well in a team, work for each other. As for us, we’re just so disorganised and hopeful 
    You need a decent manager to be organised. 
    1. 74'

Post update

Liam Millar (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 74'

Post update

Foul by Marcus Harness (Portsmouth).

• What style of play are we even attempting anymore? 

Looks like a bunch of players that have never played together before. That's down to coaching, or lack of. 
    Totally agree we have absolutely no pattern of play.
  • Two lovely crisp shots from Jake and Watson there... 
  • This is why the 442 is out best formation. We don’t have a DM that actually can play football.
  • Free kick is cleared but the ball gets put back in by Maatsen. Three of our players cluster under it, and Watson scuffs his shot so wide it goes out for a throw
  • 3 players going for same header in box dear oh dear
  • Sponsored links:

• How did millar not start?
  • Croydon said:
    Laddick01 said:
    I just don’t get how we can be this bad defensively whilst also being so shit going forward.

Maatsen seems to be able to neither defend nor attack with any purpose as of late.
    He's regressed massively from his first few matches. 
    It takes a few months for Bowyer to coach it out of him. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Why is Bowyer so obsessed with the diamond formation. It isn’t working. It hasn’t been working. 
    Hate it with a passion
  • Shit at the back and shit in front of goal
  • Bowyer has to go if we want to try and get play offs this season. Make the call big Thomas.
  • Shinnie, Millar and Maatsen combine nicely but Millar shoots high and wide.
  • Shock horror, we look better with Millar on the pitch
  • We started with our match winner on the bench and now hoping for magic.
  • Dr who on 
  • 77' SUB
    Andrew Shinnie makes way for Matt Smith. #cafc 1 #pompey 3
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!