Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Scoham said:
    I love Johnnie Jackson. But I really do think, as a defensive coach, his number is up.
    Not sure you can blame a coach for players making such basic errors.
    Managers and coaches are ultimately judged on results.
  • Bowyer's post match interview is going to be fun.

Who is going to get it tonight? Actually, who isn't going to get it.
    Referee for missing penalty for sure 
  • everyone is having a go at Watson but Matthews was worse playing that ball into Watson 
  • Matthews WTF 
  • CAFCOlly said:
    We can talk about Bogle, Maddison, et al. being our worst summer signings, but Watson's number one. Came with a lot of hype and I imagine a takes up a fair share of the wage budget, but he brings nothing, literally nothing, to this team.
    Tough to choose between him and Gilbey tbf
  • ross1 said:
    1-3
    Was my prediction this morning on the preview thread.
    Stop with your misery, I don't care if it's correct.
  • This is such a boring group of footballers, I have zero affinity with any of them. Such an odd feeling considering what our team’s have been like historically.

Warmed to Stockley already. Like Aneke.

Famewo and Inniss were growing on me.

Millar has shown positive glimpses. The rest, meh.
  • edited February 2021
    Bowyer's post match interview is going to be fun.

Who is going to get it tonight? Actually, who isn't going to get it.

Can you not guess who isn't going to get it?
  • Scoham said:
    I love Johnnie Jackson. But I really do think, as a defensive coach, his number is up.
    Not sure you can blame a coach for players making such basic errors.
    Yeah you can when they shouldn’t be playing in that position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Id prefer young players to make mistakes and learn than old codgers who play for us because they live locally.
  • Watson put in a position he shouldn’t have been. Not sure it was as simple as just lumping it because of the speed he was being closed down. 
  • 68' Deji is all bandaged up and ready to continue #cafc 1 #pompey 3
  • edited February 2021
     One shot on target to seven. Just mentioning it, not drawing any conclusions at all for fear of upsetting Forever Addickted...  :D
  • 15 goals conceded in the last 6 home games.
  • sammy391 said:
    How much longer before TS loses patience with Bowyer I wonder? 
    Bowyer had looked to save his bacon the last few weeks, but think that’s back on the slide now! 

Just can’t see where we’re going to pick points up- every game is a toss up which it shouldn’t be! 

We've signed I think 18 players under TS, you could argue about a few of them but on the whole they've all disappointed.

At some point something has to change and it won't be turfing out player after player. 
  • It's alright guys Bowyer said we don't need a CB so we don't need a CB. 
  • Think about how far off a Championship squad this is and it really hits home.
  • Never seen a grown mans team make so many errors it’s a joke 
    Mate it’s unbelievable. I want to blame the manager and you can for selections, shape etc but the individual mistakes players are consistently making is unbelievable

I'm (still massively) in the Bowyer in camp but he should be criticised for a complete lack of recruitment in central defence.  

It's been a sticking plaster  defence for 2 months now and each and every CB has been sub par at this level and would not get in any other side at CB in this league.

Cannot understand why we didn't get a couple of natural CBs in at loan as it's made us come unstuck so many times.
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 goals conceded in the last 6 home games.
    Is that good?
  • Millar cuts back and crosses from the left, but it goes straight to the keeper.
  • Been poor for over a year now with strange selections but can’t criticise Lord Bowyer!  
  • Laddick01 said:
    I just don’t get how we can be this bad defensively whilst also being so shit going forward.

Maatsen seems to be able to neither defend nor attack with any purpose as of late.
    He's regressed massively from his first few matches. 
  • Ref gives us a free kick for a foul on Stockley on the halfway line.
  • What style of play are we even attempting anymore? 

Looks like a bunch of players that have never played together before. That's down to coaching, or lack of. 
  • Kitchen sink time now. Season depends on it really 
  • Pretty hard to get this squad of players to do much worse?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!