Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Slo mo Watson just went on a run
  • 70'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• I'm not saying Bowyer has to go. But if mistakes keep happening again and again then there's an inherent problem. The players probably arnt comfortable and are not playing naturally. Its maybe an atmosphere he has created from openly blaming individuals.
  • We have no quality on the final ball. The reason we have less shots is because we hardly ever pick out a red shirt in the box. Our crossing in particular is very poor. Far too often hits the first man, the keeper, or flies over everyone’s head. If the ball
    drops between the posts and is headed clear by a defender then fair enough, but if you don’t put in that area the strikers don’t have a chance. 
  • We are that good that we can just change our formation and style during a game. 
  • Millar just bloody pass!
  • ChiAddick said:
    I'm not saying Bowyer has to go. But if mistakes keep happening again and again then there's an inherent problem. The players probably arnt comfortable and are not playing naturally. Its maybe an atmosphere he has created from openly blaming individuals.
    I don't care if he goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Millar on a run into the books, can't pull it back but wins the corner.
  • Tactics all wrong we've looked much better recently (going forward at least we always look poor at back) with 442 formation and width and even when he brings Millar on he plays him in the middle why? Still too narrow and ineffective vin possession.
  • Look on the bright side, at least we’re all warm and comfy in our own homes watching this.
  • Ball is cleared but ball back into the area, and Stockley and Aneke may have got in each others' way there.
  • Pompey been showing us how to defend properly 
  • 20 minutes to do something helpful. 
  • Stockley and Aneke jumping for the saw ball. Need to play regularly together, to build a partnership, but won't ever have the opportunity to do so
  • Well I’ve turned to alcohol. On a Tuesday 
    Me too.  Bang goes the management meeting tomorrow.  

"Rob, what do you think?"

"Eh? Oh.  Err.  Well I'd just like to remind everyone that this is a very difficult time for the frontline staff, and err...."

Silence.
  • Jake Forster-Caskey hits his 700th scuffed shot of the season.
  • This is an absolute joke, can’t put a single decent cross in, really embarrassing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watson's ball to Stockley who chests down (was there a push in the back on him?) and JFC scuffs his shot.
  • I feel bad for Stockley. He’s a league above anyone else on this pitch and it shows.
  • I mean we have been shit.

But if our woodwork has bounced in and theirs had bounced out this would be 2-2.

It’s crazy how we can be so shit and so close at the same time.
  • 15 goals conceded in the last 6 home games.
    Is that good?
    Yes, if it wasn’t for Amos today it would be 18. 
  • Luckily Marquis gets flagged offside when free there
  • Maatsen and Watson....18 and 36 yet both look lost.
  • If Smith is a passing genius then he should have been playing cos are passing is .........!!
  • Manager and coach not up to this. We are far too easy to beat. The bragging about improving players is starting to grate. 
  • Not f###ing good enough bows must surley be a worried man??I would be
  • 74'

Post update

Offside, Portsmouth. Charlie Daniels tries a through ball, but John Marquis is caught offside.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!