Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

1. 62'

Post update

Foul by Ben Watson (Charlton Athletic).

2. 62'

Post update

Ellis Harrison (Portsmouth) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• How much longer before TS loses patience with Bowyer I wonder? 
    Bowyer had looked to save his bacon the last few weeks, but think that’s back on the slide now! 

Just can’t see where we’re going to pick points up- every game is a toss up which it shouldn’t be! 

• Our blooper reel at the end of season is going to rival the Oscars
    It'll be about 93% of the season.
  • I just don’t get how we can be this bad defensively whilst also being so shit going forward.

Maatsen seems to be able to neither defend nor attack with any purpose as of late.
  • sammy391 said:
    We’ve been schooled by jackett and this Pompey side!

we’ve done well the last few weeks with a 442 and two wider players , so we completely change our tactics and play no wide players- WTF? 

Can’t keep giving sloppy goals if we can’t even score ourselves 
    People will blame the individual mistakes, but not bother wondering why we find ourselves on the back foot all the time and in positions to even make those mistakes. 

• With deji injured we only have one fit centre half, Pearce. We didn’t need a centre back in the window though...
  • Absolutely pathetic the mistakes and infuriating to watch.
  • Ragget having strapping applied. Deji still flat out on the turf. :(
  • Shrew said:
    Why on earth did Gallen and Bowyer not see strengthening our centre-halfs as a priority , when it’s obvious to everyone else.
    They said there was no one out there available better than Gunter or Pratley. I find that hard to believe. 
  • 65' Break in play after a big clash of heads. Oshilaja has been down receiving treatment for a few minutes now. #cafc 1 #pompey 3
  • Sponsored links:

• What a happy moment for a birthday message  :D
  • Not the time for birthdays lads 
  • _MrDick said:
    ‘Kin hell, Watson. Another night ruined by an inept Charlton performance 
    Exactly right.

We need to be a lot more ept.
  • Don't worry we didn't need another cb..... Looks like we may be about to lose another one to injury
  • birthday wishes. Is this football or Radio 2 from the 70’s
  • This is such a boring group of footballers, I have zero affinity with any of them. Such an odd feeling considering what our team’s have been like historically.

• I love Johnnie Jackson. But I really do think, as a defensive coach, his number is up.
    Not sure you can blame a coach for players making such basic errors.
  • Pretty shit really.  Could end up 5 or 6 with our defence
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer's post match interview is going to be fun.

Who is going to get it tonight? Actually, who isn't going to get it.
    Williams
  • edited February 2021
    I'm done with this garbage. On 31 October we beat them easy at their place. 3 months later we are hammered at home. Sick joke of a team.
  • edited February 2021
    We can talk about Bogle, Maddison, et al. being our worst summer signings, but Watson's number one. Came with a lot of hype and I imagine a takes up a fair share of the wage budget, but he brings nothing, literally nothing, to this team.
  • We will do much better next season. 

Bowyer won't be here to see it 
  • Every goal is an individual error. It’s criminal how we just give away goals to the opposition. 

It’s not good enough. Been happening for almost four months. Every game we make these stupid errors. Not just one player, every single player makes them.
  • Half this team not good enough and bowyer will not be here next season were shit
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!