Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• Pop- up vaccine clinics latest

Guy’s Hospital

• Location: Burfoot Court Room, Counting House at Guy’s Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT (view Site Map)
    • Day and time: Monday to Sunday, 8am to 6pm
    • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed
    • Further information: This clinic is for anyone age 18 and over. The Pfizer, Astrazeneca and Moderna vaccines are available at this clinic. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.

St Thomas’ Hospital

• Location: Gassiot House at St Thomas’ Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH (view Site Map)
    • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed.
    • Further information: This clinic is for anyone age 18 and over. The Pfizer vaccine is available at this clinic. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Charlton Athletic Football Club

• Day and time: Saturday 24 July, 9am – 5pm
    • Booking information: Walk-ins are available all day but to guarantee a slot book now via Eventbrite.
    • Further information: This service is available for everyone aged over 18. The vaccine available will be Pfizer. This clinic will be providing first doses, and second doses for anyone who had their first dose at least 8 weeks ago.

No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required.

Kings College Hospital

• Location: Weston Education Centre, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, Cutcombe Road, SE5 9RJ
    • Day and time: Daily, 8.30am to 5pm
    • Further information: +18s, Pfizer offered. First and second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, or an NHS number, though it’s helpful if you can provide proof of age if you look younger than 18.

University Hospital Lewisham

• Location: University Hospital Lewisham, Lessof auditorium (Lewisham High St, London SE13 6LH)
    • Date and time: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8am–4pm (Astra Zeneca)
      Saturdays (Pfizer), 8am-6pm
      Sundays (Pfizer), 8am-4pm
      Mondays (Pfizer), 8am-2pm
    • Further information: Second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.
      Pfizer, 18-30. AstraZeneca, 40+

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

• Location: Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Conference Centre, Stadium Road, London SE18 4QH
    • Further information: Second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Residents from any borough welcome.

Bromley Civic Centre

• Day and time: Monday to Sunday, 8.30-5pm
    • Booking information:  Book on the National Booking System or walk-in. Find your NHS number here. We recommend to book in advance. A walk-in service will be available but booked appointments will have priority.

Pfizer vaccine – First and second dose. Over 18 = 21-24 July, 27-31 July, 3-8 August, 10-15 August, 17-31 August, 1-26 September

Astra Zeneca vaccine – First and second dose. Over 40 = 25-26 July, 1-2 August, 9 August
    • Proof of age may be requested. You do not need proof of address or immigration status. Second doses will only be given if it is at least eight weeks since your first dose.
    https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/
  • edited July 2021
    WSS said:
    Chizz said:
    WSS said:
    This whole "No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required" thing.

Doesn't seem very, I dunno, secure?
    You think some people will be going in without ID and getting jabs, just to sell them on the black market? 
    If people were handing out bottles of water, I'd get it.

There's just something that makes me uneasy about being able to walk up, get a jab and have no record of having it done anywhere. There must be some people out there who have a needle fetish as well who might want 20 of them. A kind of jab crawl.

Probably unfounded concerns, just seems strange to me.
    Instead of worrying about the 1 person with a needle fetish, I think we just jab people that need/want it. Report on the news last week of over 1m people thought to be 'illegal' and unable to register for a doctor and therefore can't be jabbed. 

Add that to the 10% who won't get it and we have 8 million un vaccinated people wandering around.
  • Double jabbed yesterday, feel like a bus has driven into me today. 
  • shine166 said:
    WSS said:
    Chizz said:
    WSS said:
    This whole "No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required" thing.

Doesn't seem very, I dunno, secure?
    You think some people will be going in without ID and getting jabs, just to sell them on the black market? 
    If people were handing out bottles of water, I'd get it.

There's just something that makes me uneasy about being able to walk up, get a jab and have no record of having it done anywhere. There must be some people out there who have a needle fetish as well who might want 20 of them. A kind of jab crawl.

Probably unfounded concerns, just seems strange to me.
    Instead of worrying about the 1 person with a needle fetish, I think we just jab people that need/want it. Report on the news last week of over 1m people thought to be 'illegal' and unable to register for a doctor and therefore can't be jabbed. 

Add that to the 10% who won't get it and we have 8 million un vaccinated people wandering around.
    There are centres advertising the jab where you don't need to be registered with a doctor.
    I think the local ones that Clive puts on here.
  • clive said:
    Pop- up vaccine clinics latest

Guy’s Hospital

• Location: Burfoot Court Room, Counting House at Guy’s Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT (view Site Map)
    • Further information: This clinic is for anyone age 18 and over. The Pfizer, Astrazeneca and Moderna vaccines are available at this clinic. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

St Thomas’ Hospital

• Location: Gassiot House at St Thomas’ Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH (view Site Map)
    • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed.
    • Further information: This clinic is for anyone age 18 and over. The Pfizer vaccine is available at this clinic. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

• Day and time: Saturday 24 July, 9am – 5pm
    • Booking information: Walk-ins are available all day but to guarantee a slot book now via Eventbrite.
    • Further information: This service is available for everyone aged over 18. The vaccine available will be Pfizer. This clinic will be providing first doses, and second doses for anyone who had their first dose at least 8 weeks ago.

No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required.

Kings College Hospital

• Location: Weston Education Centre, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, Cutcombe Road, SE5 9RJ
    • Day and time: Daily, 8.30am to 5pm
    • Further information: +18s, Pfizer offered. First and second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, or an NHS number, though it’s helpful if you can provide proof of age if you look younger than 18.

University Hospital Lewisham

• Location: University Hospital Lewisham, Lessof auditorium (Lewisham High St, London SE13 6LH)
    • Further information: Second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.
      Pfizer, 18-30. AstraZeneca, 40+

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

• Location: Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Conference Centre, Stadium Road, London SE18 4QH
    • Further information: Second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Residents from any borough welcome.

Bromley Civic Centre

• Day and time: Monday to Sunday, 8.30-5pm
    • Booking information:  Book on the National Booking System or walk-in. Find your NHS number here. We recommend to book in advance. A walk-in service will be available but booked appointments will have priority.

Pfizer vaccine – First and second dose. Over 18 = 21-24 July, 27-31 July, 3-8 August, 10-15 August, 17-31 August, 1-26 September

Astra Zeneca vaccine – First and second dose. Over 40 = 25-26 July, 1-2 August, 9 August
    • Proof of age may be requested. You do not need proof of address or immigration status. Second doses will only be given if it is at least eight weeks since your first dose.
    Yes, here it is.
  • Does anyone know what happens with the people who are not registered with the NHS?  If they attend a walk in vaccine centre what sort of proof of vaccine status do they have and how a record is kept that they have had a jab.
  • Does anyone know what happens with the people who are not registered with the NHS?  If they attend a walk in vaccine centre what sort of proof of vaccine status do they have and how a record is kept that they have had a jab.
    Here you go:

https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirus/vaccinations/covid-19-vaccination-record-queries
  • Authorities in north Germany have asked more than 8,000 people to get repeat Covid vaccinations because a nurse is suspected of having injected saline instead of vaccine in many cases.

Police are investigating the nurse's actions at a vaccination centre in Friesland, near the North Sea coast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58186032

• Sponsored links:

• Had my 2nd dose booked at aspire pharmacy sidcup ( moderna ) 

got there at 5.15 appt was for 5.30 waited until 6.10 to finally be checked in and then told they didn’t have moderna and haven’t had any  since yesterday - would of been nice for a phone call telling me morons. 

And currently can’t book another appt as today’s is still “live” 
  • Pop-up vaccine clinics latest

• Day and time: Sunday 22 August, 9:30am-5:00pm
    • Booking information: Guarantee your vaccine – book your appointment now.
      You can also walk-in without an appointment during the day.
      1st and 2nd doses.
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only for people aged 16 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.
      Everyone vaccinated on the day will receive a £10 voucher to spend at a wide range of shops on the high street and online.
  • Probably a 'no shit Sherlock' post, but I think there needs to be some improvements to the NHS booking tool. My son wants his second jab and has booked the nearest available appointment 21 miles away.  Why doesn't the system tell him to go to his nearest walk-in centre? We've just found out there is one only 5 miles away.
  • Stig said:
    Probably a 'no shit Sherlock' post, but I think there needs to be some improvements to the NHS booking tool. My son wants his second jab and has booked the nearest available appointment 21 miles away.  Why doesn't the system tell him to go to his nearest walk-in centre? We've just found out there is one only 5 miles away.
    Frustrating isn’t it. Back in January my elderly mother (88) was given a choice for first vaccine as Stevenage, Tooting, Basingstoke Fulham and the excel. She lives in Shooters Hill. Was unable to get it changed and ultimately had to drive from Yorkshire in order to take her to the excel.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-newcastle-players-have-not-been-vaccinated-covid?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Far from only being a problem at Newcastle with a number of Managers highlighting the difficulties in getting players to get vaccinated. It does make you wonder /despair……
  • edited August 2021
    I have close family who were living in Dubai until April, but returned to their house in this country.

They were both double jabbed with the Pfizer vaccine in the UAE, but NHS England refuses to accept this. They have travelled to Spain and Greece since and both countries have accepted their vaccine status, but they cannot get their Covid passport updated in the UK. They have been banging their heads against the wall at the bureaucracy in this country, every agency from NHS England to their own doctor says there is nothing they can do. 

They are now faced with the prospect of starting all over again here and getting their 'first' jab in this country, so that they can be entered onto NHS England's system. They won't be able to get a booster unless they go through the whole process from scratch, no pun intended.  They asked their doctor if this was safe to do and he wasn't able to give them an answer.

They can't be the only people in this ridiculous situation.

• Stig said:
    Probably a 'no shit Sherlock' post, but I think there needs to be some improvements to the NHS booking tool. My son wants his second jab and has booked the nearest available appointment 21 miles away.  Why doesn't the system tell him to go to his nearest walk-in centre? We've just found out there is one only 5 miles away.
    If he had a Pfizer jab he could get the second at The Valley tomorrow. Booking details up the thread or walk in. 
  • So after 3 cancelled appts I finally had 2nd vaccine last night at Fleet Street boots in a bad bad way today - meant I couldn’t to the game 
    headache, muscles aching, temperature and sweats. 

Seems to be moderna that really puts people in a bad way 
  • Stig said:
    they kept sending me to places that didn't even have the right vaccine as the one i had for my first jab. rang the NHS line 119 and they advised me to go via the NHS grab a jab website. 

just put in your postcode and then pick a site. gives you a list of dates and what vaccines are available on those dates for walk ins...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/
  • So after 3 cancelled appts I finally had 2nd vaccine last night at Fleet Street boots in a bad bad way today - meant I couldn’t to the game 

I had Moderna and felt totally fine apart from a sore arm for a couple of days. My neighbour was the same. Both female so maybe it's a male thing! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:
    So after 3 cancelled appts I finally had 2nd vaccine last night at Fleet Street boots in a bad bad way today - meant I couldn’t to the game 

I had Moderna and felt totally fine apart from a sore arm for a couple of days. My neighbour was the same. Both female so maybe it's a male thing! 
    You're probably right. If women were suffering as badly and as often as men, we'd have heard all about it. 
  • Chizz said:
    Wilma said:
    So after 3 cancelled appts I finally had 2nd vaccine last night at Fleet Street boots in a bad bad way today - meant I couldn’t to the game 

You're probably right. If women were suffering as badly and as often as men, we'd have heard all about it. 
    Yeah, just like Man Flu :-)
  • Young people aged 16 and 17 years old in England can now book a Covid vaccine through the NHS online booking service, NHS England says.

Young people in this age group across the UK were first offered a jab last month.

At the time, GPs in England were told they could contact 16 and 17-year-olds, and the age group has been able to use walk-in centres.

Now, however, they can also book to get a single shot of the Pfizer jab online.

The NHS is due to send thousands of texts to eligible teenagers in the coming days.

More than 700,000 16 and 17-year-olds have already had a Covid jab, according to Dr Nikki Kanani, GP and deputy lead on the NHS England vaccination programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58674934

• Had my turd jab on Monday and chucked my guts up Wednesday (To misquote Craig David). The only side effect I've had out of all three jabs, except a bit of tiredness after the 2nd
  • Gribbo said:
    Had my turd jab on Monday and chucked my guts up Wednesday (To misquote Craig David). The only side effect I've had out of all three jabs, except a bit of tiredness after the 2nd
    Turd aside. Was it the same vaccine for third booster ?
  • Gribbo said:
    Had my turd jab on Monday and chucked my guts up Wednesday (To misquote Craig David). The only side effect I've had out of all three jabs, except a bit of tiredness after the 2nd
    Turd aside. Was it the same vaccine for third booster ?
    Not sure as it goes, I'll have a look
  • Pfizer, the same as the first 2. Its the best one according to the nurse
  • Surprised that they are using the same vaccine when reports show that using a different one offers far greater protection. Results not just taken from formal research, but from real experiences when due to mistrust people were given a different vaccine for their second dose.
    There was an article in the Times saying the booster would be different from the other two so not sure what is happening.
    I am hoping I can opt for a different one, even though the side affects are said to be worse.
  • Covid vaccination for 12-15 year olds

Vaccination services are visiting every school in south east London during October and November to offer every child or young person aged 12-15 years old a Covid vaccination.

However, if a child is unwell or missed their vaccination on the day of the visit for whatever reason, there are a range of alternative options to choose from.

These services offer walk-in appointments for any 12-15 year old from the south east London boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark. The vaccine being offered is the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Other slots may become available on the National Booking System in coming days and weeks.

Westwood Masonic Centre, Welling

Bexley Civic Centre, Bexleyheath

Bromley Civic Centre

Orpington Health and Wellbeing Centre

London Lane Clinic

• Booking information: Walk-ins available, but bookings are encouraged. Please call 020 8175 8607.

Oaks Park Medical Centre

• Day and time:
      • Saturday 23 October, 9am-2pm
      • Tuesday 26 October, 4.30-6pm (pre-booked only)
      • Saturday 30 October 9am-2pm
      • Saturday 6 November, 9am-2pm
    • Booking information:  Walk-ins available, but bookings are encouraged. Please call 020 8175 0473.

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

• Date and time:
      • Every Friday, Saturday, Monday 8am-4.30pm
    • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed
    https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/covid-vaccination-for-12-15-year-olds/