Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Justafan said:
    Whole family over the weekend have tested positive for covid
    3 out of 4 of us have been double jabbed while my boy is only 14 so no jabs for him.
    can say the experience is still not very pleasant only my daughter seems to escaped not really feeling to bad, all I’m saying you still don’t want to catch it even if your double jabbed and it keeps you out of hospital
    Sorry to hear that @Justafan

Im not too surprised though. I think between now and October pretty much every one of us is going to get exposed to the virus. Hope you are all well soon.

• Options
    No how do you find out?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Justafan said:
    Whole family over the weekend have tested positive for covid
    3 out of 4 of us have been double jabbed while my boy is only 14 so no jabs for him.
    can say the experience is still not very pleasant only my daughter seems to escaped not really feeling to bad, all I’m saying you still don’t want to catch it even if your double jabbed and it keeps you out of hospital
    Do you know which variant?
    Justafan said:
    No how do you find out?
    It’s almost 100% certain that it will be Delta. On 11th June it accounted for more than 90% of infections. Now it’s certainly up at or near 99%
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    At what point does herd immunity kick in ?
    We now have over 45 million with the 1st jab and the 2nd jab will surely catch up in the coming weeks. 
    So at what point will herd immunity kick in.
    Anyone know 
    It varies depending on the virus. For some viruses it's below fifty percent, for others it's eighty or ninety percent.
    Cheers. 
    So I believe about 85% Have had the 1st jab and the 2nd jab will catch up at some point. 
    So we could have herd immunity by the time winter arrives.
    I think this is a positive or am I missing something. 
    Being vaccinated doesn't provide complete immunity. A vaccinated person can become infected and pass it on. But vaccinated people (and previously infected people) have higher levels of immunity and are less likely to catch it and to pass it on. 

So, in any population, the more people that are vaccinated, the higher the levels of herd immunity. But 100% vaccination does not mean 0% infection. 
    No I fully understand that.
    But once you have had both jabs even though you can catch it and pass it on the symptoms should be very mild.
    Not having to go to hospital or need a ventilator so therefore the NHS should not get put under any more pressure that it can cope with.
    Yes, once you have had a full dose (usually two jabs), if you get it, the symptoms (if any) should be mild; you're very unlikely to be hospitalised; and very, very unlikely to die.  You won't necessarily have symptoms if you get it.  You will be infectious if you get it, whether you have symptoms or not.  

So, you could get it and pass it on without ever knowing.  You could have it and be in close contact with people whose vaccination status you don't know.  And they might become infected, get symptoms, require hospitalisation, or die.  Whether they've been vaccinated or not.  

In short, there's no such thing as herd immunity as we think we know it. 
  • Options
    also all of us have minor coughs but fatigue,head aches and proper aching bones/muscles being main symptoms 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    We now have over 45 million with the 1st jab and the 2nd jab will surely catch up in the coming weeks. 
    Anyone know 
    It varies depending on the virus. For some viruses it's below fifty percent, for others it's eighty or ninety percent.
    Cheers. 
    So I believe about 85% Have had the 1st jab and the 2nd jab will catch up at some point. 
    Being vaccinated doesn't provide complete immunity. A vaccinated person can become infected and pass it on. But vaccinated people (and previously infected people) have higher levels of immunity and are less likely to catch it and to pass it on. 

So, in any population, the more people that are vaccinated, the higher the levels of herd immunity. But 100% vaccination does not mean 0% infection. 
    But once you have had both jabs even though you can catch it and pass it on the symptoms should be very mild.
    Not having to go to hospital or need a ventilator so therefore the NHS should not get put under any more pressure that it can cope with.
    Yes, once you have had a full dose (usually two jabs), if you get it, the symptoms (if any) should be mild; you're very unlikely to be hospitalised; and very, very unlikely to die.  You won't necessarily have symptoms if you get it.  You will be infectious if you get it, whether you have symptoms or not.  

So, you could get it and pass it on without ever knowing.  You could have it and be in close contact with people whose vaccination status you don't know.  And they might become infected, get symptoms, require hospitalisation, or die.  Whether they've been vaccinated or not.  

An awful lot of over 50s in London are still not vaccinated - seems a bizarre choice. If infection continues to spread quickly they're taking a massive risk.

Hopefully no new variants are on the way in the near future. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Anyone know 
    Cheers. 

An awful lot of over 50s in London are still not vaccinated - seems a bizarre choice. If infection continues to spread quickly they're taking a massive risk.

Hopefully no new variants are on the way in the near future. 
    Unless a new variant is one which perhaps spreads more easily but is weaker overall...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vaccine pop- up clinics latest

Woolwich New Road, Greenwich

• Location: Late Night Woolwich Pharmacy, Ground Floor, Equitable House, Lower, 10 Woolwich New Rd, London SE18 6AB
    • Day and time: Every day from Tuesday 13th July to 31 July
      8am-12pm, AstraZeneca – over 40s
      1pm-6pm, Moderna – over 18s
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: AstraZeneca and Moderna. For people aged 18 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Woolwich Riverside

• Location: Outside Clockhouse Community Centre, London SE18 5QL
    • Day and time: Tuesday 13 July, 10am – 4pm
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Woolwich, Royal Greenwich

• Day and time: Wednesday 14 July, 12 – 6pm
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Eltham, Royal Greenwich

• Day and time: Thursday 15 July, 12 – 6pm
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic

Thamesmead, Royal Greenwich

• Day and time: Friday 16 July, 12 – 6pm

Woolwich, Royal Greenwich

• Day and time: Saturday 17 July, 10 – 4pm

Greenwich Park, Royal Greenwich

• Location: Greenwich Park SE10 (by café at the top of the park)
    • Day and time: Sunday 18 July, 12 – 7pm

Thamesmead, Royal Greenwich

https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    for those who have booked via the NHS national booking system it has now been updated to allow second jabs to be moved to eight weeks. If you go to manage my booking the cancellation link shows the next availability at your chosen Center before you physically cancel and re book.
    At last! Having to cancel your current appointment must have put off a large number of people changing to an earlier date.

• Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    for those who have booked via the NHS national booking system it has now been updated to allow second jabs to be moved to eight weeks. If you go to manage my booking the cancellation link shows the next availability at your chosen Center before you physically cancel and re book.
    It still doesn't seem to help if you are looking for alternative vaccination centres if there is nothing available where you were originally booked into. In those cases you still have to cancel and take a chance elsewhere unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    It still doesn't seem to help if you are looking for alternative vaccination centres if there is nothing available where you were originally booked into. In those cases you still have to cancel and take a chance elsewhere unfortunately. 
    Ah no I didn’t realise that sorry, I guess it’s perhaps because some centres are offering one of three vaccines and it’s about ensuring you get like for like vaccine 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    45 million people, 87% of the population have had one jab, I wonder considering they’ve got huge numbers, and make up a 1/3 of the people on the planet, what the numbers of people jabbed in India and China are?
  • Options
    45 million people, 87% of the population have had one jab, I wonder considering they’ve got huge numbers, and make up a 1/3 of the people on the planet, what the numbers of people jabbed in India and China are?
    India is a different proposition but we know that the Chinese manufactured Sino-Vac is pretty much useless against the Delta variant. 
  • Options
    India is a different proposition but we know that the Chinese manufactured Sino-Vac is pretty much useless against the Delta variant. 
    It might be good to temper the language about the Sinovac and its efficacy against Delta, purely because we will have posters on here who have done the right thing by stepping forward and having the Sinovac jab and could be concerned with adjectives like 'useless'.  It's probably true to say it's less effective against Delta than either AZ or Pfizer; and the efficacy of the J&J jab is equally unclear.  

But it's also true to say that, if a booster jab is required, the Chinese authorities would have the capacity to roll it out very quickly.  For example, in Guangdong alone, more than 60 million doses were administered in a month.  That should make anyone who has done the right thing and had the Sinovac jab a bit more confidence. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Chizz said:
    It might be good to temper the language about the Sinovac and its efficacy against Delta, purely because we will have posters on here who have done the right thing by stepping forward and having the Sinovac jab and could be concerned with adjectives like 'useless'.  It's probably true to say it's less effective against Delta than either AZ or Pfizer; and the efficacy of the J&J jab is equally unclear.  

But it's also true to say that, if a booster jab is required, the Chinese authorities would have the capacity to roll it out very quickly.  For example, in Guangdong alone, more than 60 million doses were administered in a month.  That should make anyone who has done the right thing and had the Sinovac jab a bit more confidence. 
    I can see that there might be sensitivities here but it doesn’t alter the fact that the Sino-Vac vaccine is ineffective against Delta.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Hundreds-of-Sinovac-injected-Indonesian-doctors-contract-COVID
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Annoyingly I booked down in Devon as the days offered fell when we were down there, so now it's offering me early ones down there and I've no idea whether there are earlier ones near me!!

Worried about cancelling the one I have with no certainly still.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think a lot of GP practices are offering walk up vaccinations now. Worth checking.
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Annoyingly I booked down in Devon as the days offered fell when we were down there, so now it's offering me early ones down there and I've no idea whether there are earlier ones near me!!

Worried about cancelling the one I have with no certainly still.
    I am 95% certain that you could cancel, check different centres and dates and times and if no joy, find and rebook your cancelled slot as long as you don’t faff about. I cancelled and rebooked the same slot about 10 times as it wouldn’t give me anything earlier for ages but just kept rebooking my original slot and getting a new reference. 
    Thanks, may give it a go or call the number to help.

Its not the end of the world if not to be honest, would only bring it forward a week or two, but if it's easy to do it's a week or two extra protection!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Just had my second Pfizer jab at Kings, super efficient (again) and it feels good to have had both.

Couple of mates have had their second Pfizer jabs over the last few days and have had felt shocking afterwards so hoping to avoid that!
    had my second Pfizer on Saturday and had a bit of a sore arm afterwards, then felt tired all afternoon. I felt a bit weird that night, kept waking up but I think that was the anxiety of the next day creeping in. Quite hard to tell if the effects after that were related to the jab or the football...

• Options
    Just brought forward my 2nd jab by 2 weeks to this Saturday via the NHS text link. Very happy with that.
  • Options
    I think a lot of GP practices are offering walk up vaccinations now. Worth checking.
    Heard from friends in Welling and Dartford that there GP practices are being quite forceful in getting people to come in for the second vaccine anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks after first vaccine. One friend has been getting either text or phone call every day for a week, they are only at 6 weeks since first. 
  • Options
    Free flu vaccines will be offered to children aged two to 16, as well as people aged 50 and over or in "at-risk" groups this winter, as the UK faces the double threat of Covid and influenza.

When the programme begins in September, the flu vaccine will be available for free on the NHS to:

• all children aged two and three on 31 August 2021
    • all children in primary school and all secondary school pupils aged 11 to 16
    • those aged six months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
    • pregnant women
    • those aged 50 years and over
    • unpaid carers
    • close contacts of people with weak immune systems (immunocompromised individuals)
    • front-line health and adult social care staff

People who are not in these groups will be able to pay for a flu vaccine at some supermarkets and High Street chemists, once available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57867955

• Options
    It makes me despair that some people including guys who should be informed didn't take up the opportunity to have the Vaccines which are our Friend and saviour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-57866661