Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Had my first jab on Sunday, 5pm, Pfizer. Bit late to the game really as they've been vaccinated my age group since May I think here,

Sore arm started kicking in at about 9pm that night. Was sore to raise laterally the next day, but had already started wearing off by 5pm, was able to go to a wrestling class last night and lifted weights this morning. Felt perfectly fine, arm not sore at all today and no other side effects. Didn't feel groggy or at all fluey or anything. 
  • Options
    My wife and I were due to have our second jab this Thursday, she tested positive on Saturday and my daughter tested positive on Monday, my son and I are both negative and are hanging on to it. They both have flu type symptoms but if that is all they get I will be satisfied, we have isolated them in their bedroom and I am sleeping on a camp bed. I believe that if they did not have their vaccine things may have been very different.

I have booked my second for 13th July but my wife will need to wait another 28 days which will take the gap between jabs to 16 weeks.
  • Options
    My wife and I were due to have our second jab this Thursday, she tested positive on Saturday and my daughter tested positive on Monday, my son and I are both negative and are hanging on to it. They both have flu type symptoms but if that is all they get I will be satisfied, we have isolated them in their bedroom and I am sleeping on a camp bed. I believe that if they did not have their vaccine things may have been very different.

I have booked my second for 13th July but my wife will need to wait another 28 days which will take the gap between jabs to 16 weeks.
    Best wishes to you and your family 
  • Options
    Was due my second one this morning but had to cancel it as my son developed symptoms yesterday and we took him for a test today instead.

Hope he is ok.
    Thank you. Got the all clear just before the first goal so a very happy household tonight!

Have now rebooked second jab for tomorrow.
  • Options

Best wishes Justin 
  • Options

What are your thoughts on how/where they caught it?
    Similarly my bruv and 1 of his 3 daughters tested positive on Friday. But he has no idea how. The girls all go to the same school and even had their school photos taken that day, but sibling photos were not allowed even though they live together? Odd.
    So my brother can only think its him that's somehow passed it on, and he's had 2 vaccines already.

• Options

Similarly my bruv and 1 of his 3 daughters tested positive on Friday. But he has no idea how. The girls all go to the same school and even had their school photos taken that day, but sibling photos were not allowed even though they live together? Odd.
    So my brother can only think its him that's somehow passed it on, and he's had 2 vaccines already.

I think my caught it at work, she works in a supermarket on the till, she sits in front of many many customers 4 days a week, you would be amazed how many of the customers that go in her shop are ignorant to mask wearing. Maybe it is the demographic of the customer. Her work is the only thing we have done apart.

my daughter is 24 so not school age, she went out on Saturday night to London, since then not felt great, now we know why.
  • Options

Best wishes to you and your family 
    Thank you @s@ShootersHillGuru
  • Options

Best wishes Justin 
    Thanks @r@RodneyCharltonTrotta
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57643577

Covid: Vaccine refuser regrets turning down jab after catching virus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think my caught it at work, she works in a supermarket on the till, she sits in front of many many customers 4 days a week, you would be amazed how many of the customers that go in her shop are ignorant to mask wearing. Maybe it is the demographic of the customer. Her work is the only thing we have done apart.

my daughter is 24 so not school age, she went out on Saturday night to London, since then not felt great, now we know why.
    Ah I see sorry I assumed young kids.
    All the best and hope you all don't suffer too much mate.

• Options

Vaccinations in London Care Homes

NHS statistics from 777 care homes in London that have reported data shows:

• Total number of residents in London's care homes is 22,825, the lowest of any region in England,
    • They have 35,181 staff members
    • 21,291 (93%) of residents and 26,904 (77%) staff members have had at least a first dose of the vaccine by 13 June
    • 343 care homes have reported 80% of staff and 90% of residents have had 1st dose (44%), while 179 care homes have had the second dose (23%)
    • 54% of homes have 80% of staff that have had the first dose
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57573142
    Chart showing care home staff vaccination rates in England
  • Options
    That stat for care home staff is troubling, I can guess at all kinds of reasons but talk about creating unnecessary risk
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    clive said:

Vaccinations in London Care Homes

NHS statistics from 777 care homes in London that have reported data shows:

• Total number of residents in London's care homes is 22,825, the lowest of any region in England,
    • They have 35,181 staff members
    • 21,291 (93%) of residents and 26,904 (77%) staff members have had at least a first dose of the vaccine by 13 June
    • 343 care homes have reported 80% of staff and 90% of residents have had 1st dose (44%), while 179 care homes have had the second dose (23%)
    • 54% of homes have 80% of staff that have had the first dose
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57573142
    Chart showing care home staff vaccination rates in England
    I’m staggered by those figures. I have no idea why this is so poor. Care home staff are poorly paid and there are a lot of immigrant workers filling those caring roles. We know that uptake of vaccine is lower among some ethnic groups but I wasn’t aware that young Eastern European workers who fill many of the care jobs were vaccine sceptic. This really needs to be addressed. Or is there another reason ? 
  • Options
    My son caught it watching the football outside in a Bournemouth pub with some friends. His uni mate told him he was positive and my son did the test and he too was positive. 
  • Options
    My son caught it watching the football outside in a Bournemouth pub with some friends. His uni mate told him he was positive and my son did the test and he too was positive. 
    Does he feel ill, or asymptomatic ?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    He has lost his sense of taste and smell. He felt a bit fluey for a short time when he first got it but other than that feels fine now.
  • Options
    Pop-up Vaccine clinics latest

Abbey Wood, Greenwich

• Day and time: Thursday 1 July, 10am – 4pm
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.

Coldharbour, Greenwich

• Location: William Barefoot Drive, Coldharbour Estate London, SE9 3JD
    • Day and time  : Friday 2 July, 10am – 4pm
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.

First Care Pharmacy, Thamesmead

• Location: First Care Pharmacy – Unit 6 Thames Reach Thamesmead SE28 0NY
    • Day and time:
      Friday 2 July, 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 7:15pm
      Saturday 3 July 2021 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 3:30pm
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose if you are aged 40 or above.

Eltham, Greenwich

• Location: Mangal Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccination Centre, 136A Well Hall Road, Eltham, London SE9 6SN
    • Day and time: Tuesday 29 June to Sunday 04 July, from 10am to 12pm
    • Further information: AstraZeneca only. For people aged 40 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.
    https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/
  • Options
    Chart of vaccine take up by UK nation - 90 of those aged 18 and over in Wales have had at least one dose compared with 80 in Northern Ireland
  • Options
    Chart of vaccine take up by English region - 82 of those aged 18 or over in the South West have received one dose of the vaccine compared with 63 in London
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there any reason why London is so far behind in vaccine take up? 
  • Options
    Of reason is that London is SomervilleAddick said:
    Is there any reason why London is so far behind in vaccine take up? 
    This answers a lot of it https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/08/why-is-london-behind-in-the-covid-vaccine-roll-out-14195864/
  • Options
    Just when you thought it couldn't get even more complicated

European holidays could be off i to 5m Britons given Indian-made AstraZeneca jab

The jab, quietly authorised in the UK in February, is not yet approved in Europe or recognised under EU’s new vaccine passport scheme

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/eu-vaccine-passport-excludes-5m-britons-given-indian-made-astrazeneca/

• Options
    I've now had both Pfizer jabs. I had no ill effects from either. Australia is so far behind with vaccinations, as there is a mentality that it's not really a problem here due to the governments strict and quick actions. 
    What that means for those vaccinated is that we won't be able to return to normal as quickly as other countries as the Australian government has set goals for opening borders, travel etc purely on numbers vaccinated. 
    And I really want to come home to see my mum. 
  • Options
    From Clives I go this place is offering second jabs - it’s been less than 8 weeks than my first, so you think they’ll give me the second if I rock up?

“Coldharbour, Greenwich

• Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.”

• Options

European holidays could be off i to 5m Britons given Indian-made AstraZeneca jab

The jab, quietly authorised in the UK in February, is not yet approved in Europe or recognised under EU’s new vaccine passport scheme

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/eu-vaccine-passport-excludes-5m-britons-given-indian-made-astrazeneca/

I’ve had a jab from one of those batches. Not happy.
  • Options

How can you tell?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

How can you tell?
    He hasn't smiled since 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    From Clives I go this place is offering second jabs - it’s been less than 8 weeks than my first, so you think they’ll give me the second if I rock up?

“Coldharbour, Greenwich

• Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.”

I think so. I had my second yesterday after only 5 weeks and know of someone who got their second at the valley walk in after only 4. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    se9addick said:

“Coldharbour, Greenwich

I think so. I had my second yesterday after only 5 weeks and know of someone who got their second at the valley walk in after only 4. 
    Ok, might give it a shot (get it). Will it matter that I already have a second jab booked?

Edit - sorry for treating you like the oracle on this subject!