Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    what's happened to this site? can't even get an argument about an England line up !! I noticed our mayor said if you boo the players taking the knee, you can't be a  true England supporter - he clearly doesn't realize what he's said - certainly no politician  
    When you're playing Walker at LB and Chilwell at RB, no argument needed...
    i'm glad u spotted that but was hoping it might lead to an argument 
  • Options
    Sterling supposedly starting.

Obviously it might not be true, but that would suggest Grealish isn’t starting.
  • Options
    I think we have to come to terms with Grealish being used off the bench. 

Kane dropping deep, he needs a runner going beyond him, most likely Sterling and that will be at the expense of Grealish IMO. 

Majority of fans XI’s I’ve seen have been Foden/Kane/Grealish but I just can’t see Southgate doing that. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

What a fucking joke. Woefully out of form, opposition gonna sit back. I’d love to hear the reasoning behind it.

I can see it getting to the stage where fans will sing Grealish name and it’ll get to a point where he can’t not play him.
  • Options

Kane dropping deep, he needs a runner going beyond him, most likely Sterling and that will be at the expense of Grealish IMO. 

Majority of fans XI’s I’ve seen have been Foden/Kane/Grealish but I just can’t see Southgate doing that. 
    Don’t think we need a runner behind in the group. Will happily be proved wrong but we saw tonight that it takes patience and creativity to break teams down.
  • Options

Don’t think we need a runner behind in the group. Will happily be proved wrong but we saw tonight that it takes patience and creativity to break teams down.

Yeah I agree. I’m just not sure Sterling will be left out.
    I think the skill and quick feet, dazzling footwork of Foden and Grealish is far more valuable in breaking teams down for this tournament.
  • Options
    If he played Sancho, Kane, Foden and say Rice, Bellingham, Mount behind I'd understand - it's basically preferring Mount and Foden to Grealish (and all 3 have been in form) and playing Sancho as the pacey option.

But if either Sterling and/or Rashford play, I'd question why they are in there - both in no sort of form whatsoever.
  • Options
    If a Charlton player won 3 of the last 4 motm, would you be happy with them left out?

My affiliation to Grealish at the moment is Taylor level. He has to play.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Laddick01 said:

Sterling could start on the right, Grealish on the left and then hopefully Foden in a midfield 3 with Rice and Mount. Is that so much to ask :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems like Southgate judges his front three on their ability to defend from the front and how much pressing they can do. It's such a defensive mindset. And that's why Grealish is always in doubt. 
  • Options
    Until the team is announced I'm trying not to get to stressed lol but if as suspected we start with either Sterling, Rashford or both the meltdown will be massive. I still think we will win the game but that's not the issue, by starting the tournament with what that mindset will display will just lead to us qualifying from the group by winning enough points from the group by playing shite defensive minded football and then lose to the first decent team in the knockout stage. Only chance we have imo is let loose the expressive players. The Kane question pisses me off ! We need pace because if Kane drops deep we have nobody for him to pass ahead to with rashford or sterling? Well tell him to stay in the box and dont drop deep then ffs
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Until the team is announced I'm trying not to get to stressed lol but if as suspected we start with either Sterling, Rashford or both the meltdown will be massive. I still think we will win the game but that's not the issue, by starting the tournament with what that mindset will display will just lead to us qualifying from the group by winning enough points from the group by playing shite defensive minded football and then lose to the first decent team in the knockout stage. Only chance we have imo is let loose the expressive players. The Kane question pisses me off ! We need pace because if Kane drops deep we have nobody for him to pass ahead to with rashford or sterling? Well tell him to stay in the box and dont drop deep then ffs
    With a midfield of Mount, Rice and one other and Foden and Grealish wide Kane has no need to drop deep.  Correct!

Pace in behind is a myth.  Teams will sit so deep we will have to pass it around them.  Therefore play your best, in form players. 

Pep chooses Foden over Sterling 
    Pep is trying to buy Grealish

Wake up Gareth before it's too late!
  • Options
    Exactly ! 
  • Options
    Couple of slightly concerning bits in the news this morning.

1. Sterling is likely to start tomorrow
    2. Southgate's job is safe until at least the 2022 World Cup even if we flop at this tournament.

I'm sorry but if you flop at this tournament with many of our games at Wembley, and the array of attacking options we have, i'm not sure you deserve to stay.
  • Options
    We’re clearly weak at the back, but I hope Gareth is of the opinion that our best way to defend (at least in the group stages) is to attack. 

No England fan is going to complain if we win 4-2, so yes we might concede but we’ll score more.

Granted in the next round against better opposition he might need to tweak things, but Maguire should come in which will improve us defensively. 

Play a back 4, instruct Rice that he literally sits in front of the two CB’s (like a triangle) and let the attacking players get on with it.

My team:

Pickford 

Walker.        Stones.       Mings         Shaw

Rice

Mount.        Grealish

Foden.                  Kane.               Rashford 
  • Options
    Couple of slightly concerning bits in the news this morning.

1. Sterling is likely to start tomorrow
    2. Southgate's job is safe until at least the 2022 World Cup even if we flop at this tournament.

I'm sorry but if you flop at this tournament with many of our games at Wembley, and the array of attacking options we have, i'm not sure you deserve to stay.
    Problem is, how do you define "flop"? Obviously not even getting out of the group would be a disastrous performance but how far beyond? And if the football is boring but works is it a flop (shit football) or not (results first).

I know what I think but I can't say I believe the Powers That Be would necessarily agree.
  • Options
    Anything less than Semi final, in what is ultimately a home tournament, with this crop of players, would be a flop. 
  • Options

In reality you are saying we have to come to terms with Southgate being a twit. I will choose to give the manager more credit. It is fine opponents not expecting him to play and getting it wrong. That will an example of good management.
  • Options
    So I guess from the leaks so far the team would look something like this: 

Pickford 

Walker - Stones - Shaw

James                                                Chilwell

Mount - Rice - Bellingham

Kane - Sterling

Similar to how we played in the World Cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you don’t start Grealish in current form then you should not be a manager at any level.
  • Options
    foden should also be a shoe in
  • Options
    So I guess from the leaks so far the team would look something like this: 

Pickford 

Walker - Stones - Shaw

James                                                Chilwell

Mount - Rice - Bellingham

Kane - Sterling

Similar to how we played in the World Cup
    If that is anywhere near the starting line up Southgate needs to go before next Friday and get someone else in lol. I'm not saying that team wouldnt qualify from the group but it would be boring to watch and then lose to the first decent team we play.
  • Options
    If he plays 3 at the back we should give up.

I understand it may be his system, but with all this attacking talent removing a world class player for an average CB is insane 
  • Options
    Anything less than Semi final, in what is ultimately a home tournament, with this crop of players, would be a flop. 
    If we win the group haven't we got to play one of France, Germany or Portugal?
  • Options
    If we win the group haven't we got to play one of France, Germany or Portugal?
    Or Hungary.

But if we want to win the thing we need to beat decent teams, frankly.
  • Options
    Yup may as well play them early to get the agony over lol
  • Options
                           Pickford 

James     Stones     White      Chilwell

Rice

Mount      Foden

Sancho          Kane           Grealish

That's what my starting team would be. Each to their own lol