Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• Options
    Front 3 should be Foden-Kane-Sancho. Rashford way off the starting XI imo
    Rashford is lucky to make the 26 man squad. Personally I have him behind Foden, Sancho, Sterling, Grealish and Greenwood in that left wing position.
    Has Greenwood ever played LW? I've never seen either him or Sancho in that position. Don't disagree that he's behind Foden, Sterling and Grealish but also doubles up as a third choice striker so should definitely make the 26 for me. 
  • Options
    Obviously no question that he'll be in the squad, and quite likely Southgate will start him as he's a favourite, but how bad was Rashford last night? So off form.
    Agreed, almost felt like he tried too hard. Alot of united games i have seen he hasn't really stood out this season, on his day he is a handful and can be dangerous. However his finishing is so hit n miss (more the latter) that do we want him even in the squad ahead of someone like Greenwood who is not experienced but knows where the net is. Last night probably confirms he should be left behind really, but dont see it happening.

100% nowhere near the starting line up, even given the chance and i'm not a fan i'd probably take Lingard over Rashford right now. A big shame as we know what he can do just looks out of sorts.
  • Options
    Rashford has looked poor most of this season imo. No way should he be starting ahead of others
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    What I would have: 

Sancho - Kane - Saka/Foden

What it will be: 

Rashford - Kane - Sterling
  • Options
    I'd like to see 

Kane
    Foden-Grealish-Sancho
    Rice-Phillips or Bellingham
    Shaw-Maguire-Stones-Walker
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Rashford has looked poor most of this season imo. No way should he be starting ahead of others
    It's interesting because I kind of thought the same about Rashford but the stats aren't what I was expecting. Looking at the players likely to play behind Kane, in the Premier League (and one in the BL) Rashford has the most goals and the second most assists. He's also played the most games

Rashford P37 G11 A11
    Sterling P31 G10 A8
    Foden P28 G9 A5
    Grealish P26 G6 A12
    Sancho P26 G8 A12
    Saka P32 G5 A4
    Mount P36 G6 A6

Obviously goals aren't everything and form is important but I was surprised to see that Rashford has contributed as much as he had this season.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    It's interesting because I kind of thought the same about Rashford but the stats aren't what I was expecting. Looking at the players likely to play behind Kane, in the Premier League (and one in the BL) Rashford has the most goals and the second most assists. He's also played the most games

Rashford P37 G11 A11
    Sterling P31 G10 A8
    Foden P28 G9 A5
    Grealish P26 G6 A12
    Sancho P26 G8 A12
    Saka P32 G5 A4
    Mount P36 G6 A6

Obviously goals aren't everything and form is important but I was surprised to see that Rashford has contributed as much as he had this season.
    I agree mate that has really suprised me too. In that list I would start all of those players ahead of Rashford at the moment, just goes to show how perception can be wrong
  • Options
    The the Right backs - I would be surprised if he took all 4. Tripper can cover left back as well, and Walker on the right side of 3 cb’s. 
    That would prove that taking decisions of any difficulty are beyond him 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Rashford P37 G11 A11
    Sterling P31 G10 A8
    Foden P28 G9 A5
    Grealish P26 G6 A12
    Sancho P26 G8 A12
    Saka P32 G5 A4
    Mount P36 G6 A6

However to put those numbers into perspective look at the minutes played.

Rashford 2927
    Sterling 2537
    Foden 1611
    Grealish 2184
    Sancho 2069
    Saka 2562
    Mount 2891

Rashford has played more than anyone, the only player close to him is Mount and he doesn't play as advanced as Rashford does. Foden, Grealish and Sancho's numbers are much better in relation to how much they played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If there was any doubt in Southgate's mind over the last RB spot between James and TAA then i think after last night it'll be James who gets the nod. He was superb defensively last night. 

Given that Trippier can cover at LB and Walker can play right side of a back 3, i'm not sure why Southgate would pick TAA. We clearly don't need to take all 4.
    This. Bin dippers will disagree but we don’t really need TAA. I think we have enough creativity up top to allow Southgate to play a more defensive minded right back.
  • Options
    If Southall takes TAA  ahead of James it will be an injustice imo James is by far the better defender and IF Southall picks our best attacking players we wont need TAA bombing forward
  • Options
    I would take Walker, James and TAA. Just don’t really rate trippier.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If Southall takes TAA  ahead of James it will be an injustice imo James is by far the better defender and IF Southall picks our best attacking players we wont need TAA bombing forward
    Christ, he hasn’t wormed his way in there as well has he?
    Haha sorry getting my S's mixed up lol
    Fortunately not Southall but iam hoping he throws his hat into the ring to try and buy Celtic soon. If what happened to their chairman last is anything to go by it's the perfect club to end the twats career lol
  • Options
    I would take Walker, James and TAA. Just don’t really rate trippier.
    Trippier, like Lingard and Pickford is a favourite of Southgate.  I don’t see the left back thing being an issue, especially in a squad of 26 where you can definitely afford both Shaw and Chilwell. 
  • Options
    Trippier only played 35 times for La Liga  champions this seasons. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He was suspended for a lot of the season though. He played 28 out of 38 league games which is decent. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    He was suspended for a lot of the season though. He played 28 out of 38 league games which is decent. 
    With how ridiculous the season has been, starting in september etc. I would be concerned if someone has played all 38+ Matches and champions league football.Always hoping that when Spurs play they decide to rest Kane for a match etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood has withdrawn from England's provisional squad for this summer's European Championships.

The 19-year-old was expected to feature in Gareth Southgate's 26-man party for Euro 2020 after returning to form at the end of last season.

However United say he will remain in Manchester for treatment on an "underlying injury".

• Options
    Hmmm didn’t his best mate take his own life recently? I don’t like to speculate but I hope the young lad gets the help he needs whatever the problem is.
  • Options
    Lingard reported to be missing out on the final cut. Would have taken him over Rashford personally.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Lingard reported to be missing out on the final cut. Would have taken him over Rashford personally.
    Ward-Prowse also rumoured to be out.

Sounds like Saka is going if Greenwood and Lingard aren't, so that's one more right-back option to join the other 15.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Ward-Prowse also rumoured to be out.

Sounds like Saka is going if Greenwood and Lingard aren't, so that's one more right-back option to join the other 15.
    Saka is left sided. 
  • Options
    I think I would take Rashford. He can be poor but he can be great too. 
  • Options
    Can't lie I am gutted about Jesse Lingard. His resurgence this year has been lovely to watch. I'm not saying he would have started but just feel he can offer something different from the bench, with his creative runs and works well in a fluid forward line too. Real shame and gutted for him. 
  • Options
    Can't lie I am gutted about Jesse Lingard. His resurgence this year has been lovely to watch. I'm not saying he would have started but just feel he can offer something different from the bench, with his creative runs and works well in a fluid forward line too. Real shame and gutted for him. 
    I like Lingard but don’t think he’s got anything in his locker that the other players in his position haven’t.
  • Options
    Huge underrated and unfairly mocked. For 60 minutes he ran Modric around in the semi final of the World Cup. Modric and Croatia only got into the game when he tired. Offers energy in the middle of the park which players outside of the premier league can’t handle. Disappointed he’s not going.
  • Options
    Huge underrated and unfairly mocked. For 60 minutes he ran Modric around in the semi final of the World Cup. Modric and Croatia only got into the game when he tired. Offers energy in the middle of the park which players outside of the premier league can’t handle. Disappointed he’s not going.
    Also he seems like a good personality to have around the camp.