Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• good stuff - can rotate with chucks and means we will never have the deflating sight of a washington / bogle starting front 2 again - a pace merchant or a power house midfielder to add now and we're in business  
  • Doesn't look a bad signing but another forward wasn't really a priority in my opinion. Wish him the best though.
    it was THE priority, trust me !!!!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Doesn't look a bad signing but another forward wasn't really a priority in my opinion. Wish him the best though.
    it was THE priority, trust me !!!!
    The great Douch has spoken. Guess we'll see.
  • Doesn't look a bad signing but another forward wasn't really a priority in my opinion. Wish him the best though.
    Yeah, maybe not any old forward ....... but we did need a good mobile hold up player, strong in the air in both boxes.

In any case, Aneke seems to be able to play only 30/45/60 as a rule.
    And if he should pick up an injury, we'd be stuffed - and short on strikers.

With the vulnerability of Aneke, the inconsistancy of Bogle plus Washo and Ronnie playing different roles, its a no brainer.

• The goals he scored for Preston were all either first goals or winning goals (no fluffing out with game already won or lost), not sure what that means but it has to be a good thing.

*Not damning with fait praise I think he is part of what we have been lacking.
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Hardly free scoring is he?
    Neither was Kermorgant 
    He’s that good?
    No idea, but he deserves a chance before being hung out to dry.
  • edited January 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Doesn't look a bad signing but another forward wasn't really a priority in my opinion. Wish him the best though.
    Yeah, maybe not any old forward ....... but we did need a good mobile hold up player, strong in the air in both boxes.

With the vulnerability of Aneke, the inconsistancy of Bogle plus Washo and Ronnie playing different roles, its a no brainer.

Why wasn't anyone saying this before? We can't pretend like we've all been banging on that we need a 6th striker. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:

Why wasn't anyone saying this before? We can't pretend like we've all been banging on that we need a 5th striker. 
    i have - because anybody who has half a clue can see that bogle, washington and smyth are not up to it - he is now 1 of 3 strikers plus millar in my book 
  • Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:

Why wasn't anyone saying this before? We can't pretend like we've all been banging on that we need a 5th striker. 
    True but I don’t think anybody expected Bogle to go. If we can swap Bogle for Stockley it’s great business. 
  • MattF said:
    thought that was Ben Amos shooting ....
    Don’t give Bowyer any ideas...
  • Oggy Red said:

Blimey, first Doucher and now you Ogster. Wish I'd kept my opinion to myself now.

;) 
  • MattF said:
    thought that was Ben Amos shooting ....
    Bowyer saw that Dimitrovic scored the other day...
  • Just need to be able to get some good balls into the box now.
    Ah......I think I've spotted a weakness in the plan. Our crossing in generally woeful - both Millar & Smyth who we have recently been using as wingers aren't very good at crossing & of the full backs only Gunter has shown he can deliver anything that leads to a goal. The one player who people have said is great at crossing (Maddison) is currently injured & even when fit Bowyer hadn't really played him. Dead balls we are even worse - although JFC has recently delivered one that got us a pen & before that decided that as no-one ever gets onto his corners he might as well go for goal himself !!

So, to sum up.......unless we improve on our crossing -  getting to the byline and putting the ball into dangerous areas then Stockley might be better used at Centre Half as he will be dealing with scraps up top. 
  • chelsea are suffering the same as we have - no centre forward (when chucks not on pitch) - abrahams ain't up to it and will get lampard the sack if he persists with him and giroud is over the hil - bowyer is starting to re build my faith l 
  • Swisdom said:
    Can’t help feeling a bit sorry for Bogle.....the fella has tried his best but it just hasn’t quite worked out for him......one of those who, upon leaving, will get my best wishes for some success elsewhere.
    Couldn't agree more.  He's a tryer but it's just not clicking.

Clearly a desperation signing when we had no options and I suspect he'll need to drop to L2 to get some game time and goals
    i have always felt a bit conflicted with signings like Bogle. yeah you're right he does try but at the same he gets paid a reasonable to decent salary and if he aint up to the job (which he aint) its best to just let him go. 
  • MattF said:
    When were the official photos taken, as he has a beard in them, whereas in that training video he looks like he's had a shave?

• Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    When were the official photos taken, as he has a beard in them, whereas in that training video he looks like he's had a shave?

Good spot, photos done yesterday I assume when the news was breaking, must have been here before today if we've been working on it for a few days
  • Welcome Jadon Sancho, and thank you Thomas Sandgaard.
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Good spot, photos done yesterday I assume when the news was breaking, must have been here before today if we've been working on it for a few days
    Or even were the photos done before Tuesday's game? Bowyer did seem to think he'd have a new player (presumably Stockley) available for that match
  • edited January 2021
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Or even were the photos done before Tuesday's game? Bowyer did seem to think he'd have a new player (presumably Stockley) available for that match
    More than likely, certainly wasn't today
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:

Yeah, maybe Stockley has had to self-isolate for 10 days in Tracy Leaburn's spare room? Hence the beard.

Even Rich Cawley didn't know that. :smile:

• Touch of the Andy Hunt about him.

Hope he's as good.

I was thinking we'd signed Freddie Flintoff.