Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Options
    Happy with the signing itself, seems to have something about him and a potential to sign permanently if it works out. Just a little surprised at Bogle being dumped this early as a direct consequence of it and seems a bit harsh.

But if that decision to get rid of Bogle has been made, seems a useful option and can hopefully bully defenders at this level and another decent option to add onto Schwartz and Aneke. Just need to be able to get some good balls into the box now
  • Options
    Don’t know much about him but clearly a player we wanted and had other suitors.

Good to get another body in. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    With six loans now, who misses out if everyone is fit?

Stockley | Smyth | Millar | Maatsen | Shinnie | Famewo...
    It'll probably never happen, but Smyth is the obvious.
    Agreed, liked the look of him at first, can't fault him for effort but little end product and the lack of game time with a gashed leg hasnt helped his cause. 
  • Options
    I'll wait to pass judgement on the merit of signing another striker at the end of the window and we see how many other non strikers have come in.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    No idea how we've done it without moving someone else on first but good signing, find some of the stuff about Bogle on Twitter from our fans to be in poor taste
    Lapslie and Doughty have gone this week. Oztumer and Bogle next?

Lasplie and Oztumer weren't named in the squad and Doughty was too young, in the case of Bogle I suppose it depends when they decide you've gone over the limit, is it a running total or do they work it out at the end of the season
    I wouldn't be too sure that all of Lapslie and Oztumer's wages were covered by their loan clubs.
    We may still have had to make up the difference, I should imagine.

Again I should imagine there is some latitude given during the actual transfer window, with the expectation that the books are in order and the wage cap not exceeded by 1st February. 

• Options

They’d always be someone injured.
  • Options
    Good signing imo.

"All we are saying... is give us a goal!"
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    No idea how we've done it without moving someone else on first but good signing, find some of the stuff about Bogle on Twitter from our fans to be in poor taste

Lasplie and Oztumer weren't named in the squad and Doughty was too young, in the case of Bogle I suppose it depends when they decide you've gone over the limit, is it a running total or do they work it out at the end of the season
    I wouldn't be too sure that all of Lapslie and Oztumer's wages were covered by their loan clubs.

Again I should imagine there is some latitude given during the actual transfer window, with the expectation that the books are in order and the wage cap not exceeded by 1st February. 

You'd have to imagine we're right at the max now. Maybe 1 in 1 out from now on. So trying to shift Bogle before we move for a CB or CM. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Williams (but don't expect any takers) or Purrington leave either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

As far as I'm aware only the players in the squad submitted to the league have their wages count, so once we loaned them out they stopped counting as part of the cap
  • Options
    How longs he out injured for?
  • Options

It's probably not even an issue with Smyth, as apparently he's costing as very little in wages.
    Maybe something to do with the Bonne deal?

So no benefit sending him back.
    All the while Famewo remains injured, it's not even an issue.

Because of the intensity of playing Sat-Tues-Sat for much of this condensed season, and the risk of overplaying some players,
    Bow may think it's worth running with more than 5 loans?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

It's probably not even an issue with Smyth, as apparently he's costing as very little in wages.

Because of the intensity of playing Sat-Tues-Sat for much of this condensed season, and the risk of overplaying some players,

I think you've missed the point. Forever was just asking which one of the 6 misses out if they're all fit as only 5 can be named in the matchday squad. Don't think anyone is saying to only have 5 loans and send one back. 
  • Options
    Just watch, Chuks will get a hang nail AND fracture an eyelash tomorrow after about 15 minutes, be out for an indeterminate period and we'll be stuck with Bogle til the summer...😬🥼😷💊🏥👨‍⚕️
  • Options
    Happy with the signing itself, seems to have something about him and a potential to sign permanently if it works out. Just a little surprised at Bogle being dumped this early as a direct consequence of it and seems a bit harsh.

But if that decision to get rid of Bogle has been made, seems a useful option and can hopefully bully defenders at this level and another decent option to add onto Schwartz and Aneke. Just need to be able to get some good balls into the box now
    Bogle might drop down the pecking order but he is still a useful squad member, especially with the frequency of matches right now.
    Plus Bowyer may also be thinking ideally, you can't have too many players in this condensed season.

But that way of thinking may have to be thrown out of the window - thanks to the wage cap.
    And then it's goodbye Bogez, But thanks for trying.

• Options
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

As far as I'm aware only the players in the squad submitted to the league have their wages count, so once we loaned them out they stopped counting as part of the cap
    Fair enough, Matt, if that's the case.

• Options
    Looked a bit one dimensional when I’ve seen him but hold up play is good and that is key in this league. We’ve then got the quality in midfield to hurt teams. 
    Look at Accrington. Two physical centre forwards. It works in League 1.
    Good luck Jayden.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

Sure something else will pop up tomorrow that disproves it

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I think you've missed the point. Forever was just asking which one of the 6 misses out if they're all fit as only 5 can be named in the matchday squad. Don't think anyone is saying to only have 5 loans and send one back. 
    Ah, yes ...... you're right. 

Sorry!

• Options
    Welcome to the club...now for a centre half.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

Can't argue with your Bowyer quote. Says it all ...... but now you've edited your post I need to give you a like and a lol.

*scratching my head now*

• Options
    Doesn't look a bad signing but another forward wasn't really a priority in my opinion. Wish him the best though.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

Can't argue with your Bowyer quote. Says it all ...... but now you've edited your post I need to give you a like and a lol.

*scratching my head now*

Haha leave it as it is
  • Options
    Welcome to the club...now for a centre half.
    I agree with you but I think if Bows had to pick between a new cb and a new cm (Cullen type) then he’ll pick the cm.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Hardly free scoring is he?
    Neither was Kermorgant 
    He’s that good?