Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Options
    With six loans now, who misses out if everyone is fit?

Stockley | Smyth | Millar | Maatsen | Shinnie | Famewo...
    All of them I guess, one day soon. All injured. :neutral:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Omar Bogle in League Two for Grimsby; 19-goals in 27-games
    Jayden Stockley in League Two for Exeter: 35-goals in 66-games
  • Options
    First Jayden we’ve ever had ? Henry ? 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Hardly free scoring is he?
    Was in League 2. Certainly not in the Championship but the fact he played so much must mean Preston thought highly of him. Seems a good signing to me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockley is quality. Very happy with this. 
  • Options
    It might be a needs must thing with the wage cap, but I’d prefer to keep Bogle. He’s had some alright games, they haven’t been all terrible and do you really have faith Chuks will stay fit for the entirety of the season? Lose Chuks and we’ll be have to overplay Stockley because I don’t think any of other strikers will be effective with some kind of target man next to them. 
  • Options

Has to be Smyth. Although with Doughty gone we probably can't play 433. 

I actually have no idea what our best formation is if everyone was fit. 
  • Options
    Surprised at this... He is a great striker for this level, and not a bad one for the championship 
  • Options

Sometimes nor does Bow. Is that the problem?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Congratulations to @ForeverAddickted for starting the new thread, and being quickest off the mark.

Better luck next time, Paulie.  :smile:
    Sat there waiting and waiting for Paulie to get his finger out and start the thread

Its a dark day for this forum when you cant rely on him to do whats required!!
    Thanks for taking one for the forum @ForeverAddickted we need people like you who are prepared to throw their bodies in front of a thread, your loyalty won't go unnoticed.

Paulie needs one of LB's kick up the backsides, he hasn't been pulling his weight, just coasting really. Think we should show him a few video clips of last season, that should wake him up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought we'd go for a defender so a bit surprised but welcome Jayden and good luck. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I remember him now from last season . He was a nightmare to handle . Very physical and won everything in the air . I have a really good feeling about this signing . Let’s hope Lee actually plays him ! 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    No idea how we've done it without moving someone else on first but good signing, find some of the stuff about Bogle on Twitter from our fans to be in poor taste
    Lapslie and Doughty have gone this week. Oztumer and Bogle next?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sometimes nor does Bow. Is that the problem?

I certainly think it is a problem. I thought with Millar signing we would be switching to a 433 with Maddison/Smyth/Millar/Washington and maybe Williams competing for the two wide spots. I very much think we'll go 2 up top now.

I think our biggest issue is that the diamond is probably out of the question because I genuinely don't see Williams and Maddison getting regular starts. We could go 442 but then I don't understand why we would need another CM for that. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    No idea how we've done it without moving someone else on first but good signing, find some of the stuff about Bogle on Twitter from our fans to be in poor taste
    Lapslie and Doughty have gone this week. Oztumer and Bogle next?

Lasplie and Oztumer weren't named in the squad and Doughty was too young, in the case of Bogle I suppose it depends when they decide you've gone over the limit, is it a running total or do they work it out at the end of the season
  • Options
    I hope Bows plans on playing Maddison then - because it looks like he is the sort of striker who will thrive from his deliveries. 
    Madison would have to show he could be bothered to actually play before that happens. 

Great news all round though! All we ask is that we keep improving what we have and I have already seen him have one good game in his career (against us) so he is already an improvement on Bogle.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Redrobo said:
    Excellent bit of business. SG is worth his weight in gold. 
    It looks like this was Bowyer’s connections that got him through the door.
    I don’t think you are allowed to say nice things about Bowyer.