Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021

Comments

• Options
    Decent comeback but now Chuck's had played 90 minutes I don't expect to see him play Saturday, JFC pretty good again, Albie did well but God knows what the defence will look like next game!!
  • Options
    Yup!  Still tasting that shit sandwich...
  • Options
    I am pissed I missed the second half of the match thread, can’t be arsed to read it now but I bet it was fun. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Watching Schwartz on Valley Pass he’s come over on his own, his girlfriend isn’t allowed to join him due to the Covid situation.
    He's not a child.
  • Options
    Mixed emotions after that. Really pleased with the way we fought back in the 2nd half.

Truly believe Bowyer would've been a goner had we gone on to lose after that 1st half display, maybe still will 
  • Options
    What a difference not having Gilbey makes, saw a lot of what will probably be our strongest team in the second half, and almost feels a bit like 2 points dropped rather than a point gained. Otherwise we can't currently defend for shit and without Pearce on Saturday it'll be even worse (or maybe better). Maybe time to turn to the kids again in that department for a one off, no need to get too creative
  • Options
    Ronnie definitely limping after his interview on VP, looked in difficulty
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    btw I don't usually like scapegoating but Gilbey has been more or less single-handedly fucking our team of late and I hope Bowyer has now realised
    Funnily enough you’re both and right here. You said Gilbey was our weak link, thus scapegoating him... but you were right in pointing out before the game
  • Options
    So we can create and score goals, so why dont we concentrate on that rather than what the other teams do from now on. 5 at the back at home to Rochdale ffs
  • Options
    So , next Saturday, Inniss, Famewo, Pratley, Watson, Pearce, Maddison, Doughty, Shinnie all out. 6 of them at least would be in our first team, so until these injuries are fixed or alternatives signed, hard to see us not struggling further.
    Smyth playing rwb was a wrong call  but the squad weakness is hard to overcome.
    Team this Sat:
    Amos
    Matthews, Gunter, Oshilaja, Maatsen
    Millar JFC, Morgan, Williams
    Aneke, Washington
    Subs MB, Purrington, Barker, Schwarz, Shinnie/Gilbey, Smyth, Bogle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    btw I don't usually like scapegoating but Gilbey has been more or less single-handedly fucking our team of late and I hope Bowyer has now realised
    Funnily enough you’re both and right here. You said Gilbey was our weak link, thus scapegoating him... but you were right in pointing out before the game
  • Options
    Saturdays defence is certainly going to look interesting...

Even when we brought it back to 4-4 we showed how much we need to have that enforcer type player in Midfield as whilst Forster-Caskey and Morgan did extremely well that second half there were still periods where a team (in relegation form) waltzed through them.

Still dont think Bowyer should go, we saw second half how he's not lost the dressing room. BUT mistakes like putting Smyth at RWB he has to take responsibility for - Yes I get it that we've got issues with the likes of our injury list but dont shoot yourself in the foot when you dont need to
    It'll be

Matthews - Gunter - Oshilaja - Maatsen
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So , next Saturday, Inniss, Famewo, Pratley, Watson, Pearce, Maddison, Doughty, Shinnie all out. 6 of them at least would be in our first team, so until these injuries are fixed or alternatives signed, hard to see us not struggling further.
    Team this Sat:
    Amos
    Aneke, Washington
    If Aneke starts on Saturday I'll be amazed!!
  • Options
    Not sure if this is as bad as Newcastle giving Sheffield United it's first win today, but it's right there in terms of shocking.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    This'll please everyone... Finally holds his hands up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Team this Sat:
    Amos
    Aneke, Washington
    Yup, surely he’ll be on the next Saturday. 
  • Options
    Paul Smyth at RB and Gilbey cost us the first half.
      Second half subs made a huge difference ,why didn't we start with that team???
      Really can't see how Gilbey gets into the team or what he offers?
  • Options
    What is wrong with Aneke? Chuks looked fit enough for the 90 plus minutes to me.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Team this Sat:
    Amos
    Aneke, Washington
    Yup, surely he’ll be on the next Saturday. 
    Go with Bogle and Washington against Bristol Rovers, Ronnie and Chuks have set them the benchmark - Start the latter two against Peterborough next Tuesday night
  • Options
    Bowyer VP interview:

”Disappointed. We’re at home against lower half team.”
    ”I look at the positives, after Friday and losing by 2 at half time today. They showed fire. Didn’t crumble. Give the players a lot of credit”
    ”should have won it at the end. disappointed with the point, but everything they hit first half went in.”
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I think it buys Bowyer some time for now at least. The shape first half was all wrong, Deji looked uncomfortable on the left side of a back three and was far too high up the pitch at certain points. That along with a couple of other players pushing too high up left us very open at the back. Smyth at right wing back was just crazy as well.

Much better second half though once we seemed to go back to basics. Aneke was superb, Millar was impressive as well and got us up the pitch and Ronnie took his goal very well. 

Fingers crossed we can stop the chopping and changing of players and formations now and find a settled side.