Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021

Comments

• Options
    Saturdays defence is certainly going to look interesting...

Even when we brought it back to 4-4 we showed how much we need to have that enforcer type player in Midfield as whilst Forster-Caskey and Morgan did extremely well that second half there were still periods where a team (in relegation form) waltzed through them.

Still dont think Bowyer should go, we saw second half how he's not lost the dressing room. BUT mistakes like putting Smyth at RWB he has to take responsibility for - Yes I get it that we've got issues with the likes of our injury list but dont shoot yourself in the foot when you dont need to
    0-5-5
  • Options

Even when we brought it back to 4-4 we showed how much we need to have that enforcer type player in Midfield as whilst Forster-Caskey and Morgan did extremely well that second half there were still periods where a team (in relegation form) waltzed through them.

Still dont think Bowyer should go, we saw second half how he's not lost the dressing room. BUT mistakes like putting Smyth at RWB he has to take responsibility for - Yes I get it that we've got issues with the likes of our injury list but dont shoot yourself in the foot when you dont need to
    Spot on FA. Though I think Bowyer has dilemma of who to pick in that midfield (for me it definitely can't be both Pratley and Watson) and what formation to play. But he needs to find something and stick with it.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Watching Schwartz on Valley Pass he’s come over on his own, his girlfriend isn’t allowed to join him due to the Covid situation.
    I think that was one thing we debated as being the reason behind him turning us down the first time
  • Options
    The team that started the 2nd half... that’s our team until Innis and Famewo come back.

The red card changes everything again.. no doubt people will forget that Bowyer tries to create a ream around 1 fit CB
  • Options
    how much better was that with an attacking line up? -chucks brilliant - didn't imagine bowyer was going to play our 5ft 2 striker at right wing back against Lynford Christie but anyway... chances galore for us and id much sooner see that than the durge we've been watching - get the central defenders back and swe have hope - if matthews had played instead of smyth, we'd likely won that comfortably but at least boywer's released the handbrake  - hopefully he won't regress and he'll keep copying my team selections like he did second half!!! 
  • Options
    Schwartz VP interview:

”extremely happy with first goal”
    ”we deserved more than one point, well we wanted more. Difficult game. We can’t concede 4 at home”
    ”I was told to be close to Chuks, he’s a handful. It was a great strike”
    Comes across well. Bit quick to mention that it's his GF, and not a wife, stuck in Denmark though 😂
  • Options
    Can’t paper over the cracks the first half was awful. Yes we pulled it back but there is something wrong with a team that should be top 2 looking at finishing mid table if this keeps up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Schwartz VP interview:

”we deserved more than one point, well we wanted more. Difficult game. We can’t concede 4 at home”
    “Of course I’m here to score a lot of goals, but also to help the team. Scoring goals is what I love, so hopefully I can keep hitting the net”.
    “A lot of games in English football. And that’s good” 
  • Options
    At least he did the right thing at half time with the subs, but playing Smith at right wing back shows Bowyer is clueless imho.

Gilby is a complete waste of space and so bloody slow.

442 is so obviously whats needed at the moment.

2 points thrown away.
  • Options
    The feel good factor of coming back tempers the appalling first half. Be interesting to hear what Bows says.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Schwartz VP interview:

Comes across well. Bit quick to mention that it's his GF, and not a wife, stuck in Denmark though 😂
    Yeah, thought that was a terrific interview 
  • Options
    Umm weird weird game.
    Chucks and JFC were class. 
    If we can keep Chucks on the pitch, Ronnie bangs a few in and get the defence sorted we’ll finish about 9th

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like others, such mixed emotions. Relieved to secure a point, delighted for Chuks and Ronnie, frustrated with the stupidity of trying to play a forward at RWB when Matthews is fit, while pleased to see the 2nd half team did not throw the towel in and put up a proper fight.

God only knows what TS is thinking?
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Spot on FA. Though I think Bowyer has dilemma of who to pick in that midfield (for me it definitely can't be both Pratley and Watson) and what formation to play. But he needs to find something and stick with it.
    I dont overly care about sticking to a rigid formation, that's Robinson territory for me

But if he wanted to go for someone who can get forward, why not use Matthews @ RWB - As Doucher says (and I've argued with him a lot this last week) why not use him there, we've seen how he can get forward and cross the ball, you've even got Gunter who he can switch with at times.

I said after Hull that we needed a bit of luck after their first deflected goal, sometimes you just need something to suddenly go in your favour and really hope that Forster-Caskey deflected goal was that moment!!
  • Options
    Two goals because Lee had a forward at wing back.  One because Gilbey was slow tracking back.  This draw all comes down to Bowyer - it could have been an easy win if he played the squad in their natural positions with a more basic formation. Aneke was fantastic.  Schwartz clearly knows how to finish.  Oshilaja, JFC, Albie played decently.  The rest were poor.  

It is clear to me we need Schwartz and Aneke together as much as possible with Washington playing when Aneke is run down.  Have Millar out left.  Either Watson/Pratley alongside JFC.  Have Albie or Williams play on the right.  And play the defenders in their natural position.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Fed up with Bowyers tinkering. Glad I can’t go at the moment I would be even more cheesed off than I am now. 
  • Options
    Curbs says we are having a blip...... feck how long is a blip, before it becomes free fall.......
  • Options
    As expected Bowyer getting stick,but he has been poxed every way he turns.
    1)Pratley or Watson plays we do not let those goals in,both out
    2)Both first choice cb out
    3)Shinnie out
    4)And now pearce out next game

I will judge him when he has a full squad to pick from,lets be fair tonight,those Rochdale strikes where pretty special and unusual at this level.
    We've won one game in eight and are shipping goals - a decent manager deals with injuries. 
  • Options
    Well I quite enjoyed that.  Obviously would have preferred the win but at least they looked like they cared.  We played some really nice stuff at times.  Optimistic.