Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who has bought the stream for tonight's game?

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yes, but £10 is really silly. People were up in arms about PPV, i don't really see this as any different. 
    A season ticket for £230 isn't silly at all. How many games in a normal season would you get in for £10 or less? And that's the whole family too, my mum, dad and sister all live together and are all full paying adults, a £10 stream between them is a lot better than paying £30/35 each every home game.
    It's not just £230 though is it, because you can purchase away games so at £400 it can become expensive, not everybody can afford it. 

Also not a fair comparison because going to the game is a completely different experience. 

Personally I felt £10 was slightly steep at the start of the season. Now with Valley Pass and the extra benefits (Curbs etc) I think it's very good value. 
    Yes but if you went to every home and away game in a season, that would cost you waaaaaay more than £400, so actually that makes it an even better deal. 

Anyone thinking £10 a game is too steep, when it's the only way to watch the game, isn't thinking properly about it. Yes it's no comparison to being there live, but the only alternative right now to paying £10 a game is following the action through audio commentary or reading a live match report. 

£10 a game, £230 for every home game, £460 for the entire seasons worth of games, is a bargain in the current circumstances and we're lucky we have the option to watch them all IMO
    A bargain? Just because its the only way of watching Charlton doesn't make it a good deal. In fact it gives them incentive to charge whatever they like because they know people have no other way of watching it. Being there live is so much better than watching on the tele. Chalk and cheese
  • Options
    Not tonight. Puts me in a bad mood when we lose and we are poor right now. Not working right now so will pick and choose games. Nice sunny day here so will go for a nice walk. Better for my mental health as well.  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yes, but £10 is really silly. People were up in arms about PPV, i don't really see this as any different. 
    A season ticket for £230 isn't silly at all. How many games in a normal season would you get in for £10 or less? And that's the whole family too, my mum, dad and sister all live together and are all full paying adults, a £10 stream between them is a lot better than paying £30/35 each every home game.
    It's not just £230 though is it, because you can purchase away games so at £400 it can become expensive, not everybody can afford it. 

Also not a fair comparison because going to the game is a completely different experience. 

Personally I felt £10 was slightly steep at the start of the season. Now with Valley Pass and the extra benefits (Curbs etc) I think it's very good value. 
    Yes but if you went to every home and away game in a season, that would cost you waaaaaay more than £400, so actually that makes it an even better deal. 

Anyone thinking £10 a game is too steep, when it's the only way to watch the game, isn't thinking properly about it. Yes it's no comparison to being there live, but the only alternative right now to paying £10 a game is following the action through audio commentary or reading a live match report. 

£10 a game, £230 for every home game, £460 for the entire seasons worth of games, is a bargain in the current circumstances and we're lucky we have the option to watch them all IMO
    A bargain? Just because its the only way of watching Charlton doesn't make it a good deal. In fact it gives them incentive to charge whatever they like because they know people have no other way of watching it. Being there live is so much better than watching on the tele. Chalk and cheese
    There are plenty of apps out there that people subscribe too to watch films & box sets that show ifollow games, the one I use does. However others have said above we should give the club every penny.

It's not about those of us that use a service like this ripping the club off. My subscription to the app I use is an annual fee and if it includes ifollow games so be it, I will take advantage of the situation, pointless paying for something twice. 

The funny thing is I have only watched one live game despite having them available, as you say being there live beats watching it on the telly in front of no fans hands down.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Stream2watch have the game tonight. I watched the Accrington game on it. Bit fiddly but you can get in if you fancy a free view. 
    Fuck me.....good for you......what a tight wad and amazing that you’d want to tell everyone and encourage them to follow suit.
    The club needs to raise every penny right now and we ALL need to get firmly behind Thomas’s dream.
    Speaking for myself, I’ve never in my life (and never will), scammed The Addicks out of so much as a penny.🤨🤨🤨

I will of course be watching tonight......wouldn’t dream of doing otherwise.
    agreed - the least we can do for Ts seeing as most of us don't have season tickets this year
  • Options
    Yes will buy as soon as I've had my afternoon nap

Seriously, my missus fell asleep on Friday whilst the game was on, she woke up when the final whistle was blown, I might give it a try!!
  • Options
    I’ll be buying and even though the team is not so doing great at least my money will go into the club. If TS is prepared to put his money in then true fans should do too.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Stig said:
    I'm glad this thread was started out of curiosity, for a moment I thought it was going to be about a match cancellation.
    Haven't bought yet, but will do. I expect the usual scramble around about 7.30.
    Better make it 6.30 [18.30]
    7pm kick-off
    Blimey, that's early. Thanks for the heads up, Clive. Neither of my sons said anything, perhaps they're both hoping they'd get away with only watching the second half ;-)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

The £10 fee is set by the EFL I believe.
  • Options
    Can't say I'm looking forward to it but I'll be logged on with, no doubt my face in my hands.

At least I don't have the usual dilemma of whether to stay in the pub to sit and freeze my arse off on a Tuesday night in January - I can just get a bottle of Doombar from the fridge and put my feet up.

We've seen much, much, much worse that this, even in recent years.  Lee, Steve and Johnnie stood by us when most mortals would have given up, they deserve our support!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Picking and choosing, buddy, I said it's a bargain in the current circumstances, and compared to following us across the land to watch every game home and away, yes £460 to watch every Charlton game live this season is a bargain. I'm not saying it's better than being there.
  • Options
    Yep all set ,  bar of fruit and nut , chocolate digestives , penguins , timeout bars and any other shit all ready to eat , numb the pain and allow me to be up on the khazi at stupid o’clock in the morning and read how we’ve turned a corner and everything is brilliant and bowyer hasn’t lost the dressing room cos we’ve just schooled Rochdale 
  • Options
    Few of you fancy coming round and we can split the cost?

Me and Tony are shitfaced and ready to go!
  • Options
    £10 is dirt cheap. Especially as I've invited 30 friends to watch it at my place. We're going for a walk in Derbyshire afterwards
  • Options
    Oh for god sake !

• Options
    Ahhh, sod it, just coughed up for the stream, COYA
  • Options
    Anyone else getting “no signal” and a crackly screen with stripey coloured lines. 
  • Options
    No signal .
  • Options
    Anyone else getting “no signal” and a crackly screen with stripey coloured lines. 
    yes
  • Options
    onthe99 said:
    I never bet against my own side and will be watching but if you are bothered about the cost how about...
    £10 on the game
    £3 on Rochdale but with both to score (6/1 Hills)
    £5 on a draw but with both to score (17/5 Hills)

As long as we stick the ball in the back of the net at least once, you get to see us win for £18 or a free game of football to take the edge off the pain. 0-0 would not be your friend here in any shape or form.
    Us to lose, but score is a great bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah same 
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Same here.
  • Options
    sowt it aaaahhhhrrrrrtttttt!!!!
  • Options
    Yep - no signal, but some lovely vertical coloured bars.
  • Options
    Some kind of death rattle noise - hope it’s not some kind of metaphor
  • Options
    Worth every penny so far. 
  • Options
    me too - maybe a good thing lol

• Options
    Sound but no picture now.