Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2021 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Just had a look at a park we stayed at in Cornwall.
    Christ on a bike! Over 100% increase on what we payed 2 years ago!
    I’ve just priced up the same week we did last summer in Dorset. Even with the park currently offering a 20% discount, the exact same week still works out as a 71% increase on last summer :-( 
    Is that because last year was heavily discounted?
  • Options
    Road trip around Scotland in June - up the west coast, across the highlands and down the east coast. Nothing booked yet but hopeful.
    Vegas in August - booked but can be cancelled.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I’ve just priced up the same week we did last summer in Dorset. Even with the park currently offering a 20% discount, the exact same week still works out as a 71% increase on last summer :-( 
    No don’t think so, as everything UK was in demand last summer as well. 

Just to give as an indicator, price of 2 bed most basic level caravan for a week in summer holiday is £2,100. There’s a current offer that runs out this week that brings it down to £1,700 but last summer the price was £980. That’s huge differences and seems to be reflected across the board. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Just to give as an indicator, price of 2 bed most basic level caravan for a week in summer holiday is £2,100. There’s a current offer that runs out this week that brings it down to £1,700 but last summer the price was £980. That’s huge differences and seems to be reflected across the board. 
    That is ridiculous for a week, although £980 last year seems slightly on the cheap side. 

But I guess we are seeing companies looking to recoup their losses, anyone else's Barber put their prices up? Pre COVID it was £10 now £15 (or was before they shut again).
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

That is ridiculous for a week, although £980 last year seems slightly on the cheap side. 

But I guess we are seeing companies looking to recoup their losses, anyone else's Barber put their prices up? Pre COVID it was £10 now £15 (or was before they shut again).
    £15? I dream of paying £15 for a haircut (yes I know, I'm the idiot!).
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Yes, was £7 (for us oldies) now £10 + 50p for using contactless credit card! Outrageous! 😉
  • Options
    totally undecided on holidays this year, a good time to have a touring caravan (as we do), we did Cornwall last summer (replacing the south of France). We were planning SOF this summer and had pushed the booking on to this August, however my guess is that even that will be in doubt. It's not so much the vaccination programme in this country, but the fact that the rest of Europe are no where near as advanced as we are with it.

have been looking at sites over here as well and prices have definitely increased. I'd happily go in the UK again, however the 2 weeks in Cornwall last August were probably the worst weather I've known
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Yes, was £7 (for us oldies) now £10 + 50p for using contactless credit card! Outrageous! 😉
    Ah - but do you get a head massage and a cup of coffee (sometimes with a biscuit!)?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Ah - but do you get a head massage and a cup of coffee (sometimes with a biscuit!)?
    To be fair this time last year you could get a free coffee or help yourself to a bottle of beer in the fridge all for £7 so I shouldn’t complain really 😊.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Jab and go'!
  • Options
    We’ve rebooked Lesvos for June and managed to get our goat sitter again so fingers crossed.

Speaking from an owner of a self catering property, last year was the hardest/worst year running the business since we started six years ago.
    The extra cleaning involved between guests was hard but the worst bit for me was the differing attitudes of the staycationers. 
    Really disappointing.
    We’ve closed until April, first time we’ve ever done that. Just don’t need the grief.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

When you've got the amount of hair on the top of your head as I have anything more than £1 is a rip off!

When I had hair I did pay a lot more for Kylie to sort me out (not that Kylie unfortunately!).
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

When you've got the amount of hair on the top of your head as I have anything more than £1 is a rip off!

When I had hair I did pay a lot more for Kylie to sort me out (not that Kylie unfortunately!).
    Dont worry there is always hope given that Matt Southall spent £100 on his haircut...
  • Options
    Broadstairs ...
  • Options
    So by the looks of things the good news is that by the summer people might be able to take a holiday somewhere. The bad news is that nobody will be able to afford it because of 100% price increases!
  • Options
    So by the looks of things the good news is that by the summer people might be able to take a holiday somewhere. The bad news is that nobody will be able to afford it because of 100% price increases!
    I'm not convinced we'll be able to take holidays this summer.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Our holiday costs for The Maldives this coming Sept is very cheap compared with the prices we have paid b4. 10 days, all inclusive, staying in a water bungalow, is just shy of £2k pp
  • Options
    Just about to book 3 cottages for a week in Devon, right next door to each other; sleep a total of 16. £2,300.  Happy with that.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I have a full head of hair :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CL house swaps?!  :D
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Just looked at the site we stayed in last August (Welcome Family, Dawlish Warren) and price is the same
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I have a full head of hair :-)
    Clearly had an easier paper round than me then Bob ......  :D
  • Options
    Without being too shameless with the plug, if @AFKABartram will permit, our company is ready and willing to help with UK tailor-made road trips and tours, with Scotland a particular speciality @North Lower Neil @bobmunro. We have been going for nearly 18 years, fully ATOL/ABTOT protected and offer a value for money guarantee - not about cheap/ discounts, but we certainly won't rip you off and have not hiked prices this year. We're also offering the flexibility of a free change up to four weeks before departure for any bookings made before the end of March. We have a small team of a dozen people and we won't send you anywhere we haven't been ourselves - our reputation is built on personal service and customer focus.

Take a look at the website and feel free to drop me a DM on here.

https://www.mckinlaykidd.com/
    Thanks, Heather - just had a quick scan of the website and the tours look great - especially the Grand Scottish Journey and the Premier North Coast 500. We are definitely wanting to take in Ross & Cromarty so I can show my mate Foulis Castle (my ancestral home!) and we also want to bag a Munro (an easy one!).   

I'll speak to my mate and his missus and will get back to you. 
  • Options
    Without being too shameless with the plug, if @AFKABartram will permit, our company is ready and willing to help with UK tailor-made road trips and tours, with Scotland a particular speciality @North Lower Neil @bobmunro. We have been going for nearly 18 years, fully ATOL/ABTOT protected and offer a value for money guarantee - not about cheap/ discounts, but we certainly won't rip you off and have not hiked prices this year. We're also offering the flexibility of a free change up to four weeks before departure for any bookings made before the end of March. We have a small team of a dozen people and we won't send you anywhere we haven't been ourselves - our reputation is built on personal service and customer focus.

Lovely, I'll take a look!  Probably won't be this year sadly but I'll certainly bear it in mind for when we can/do plan to go.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Thanks, Heather - just had a quick scan of the website and the tours look great - especially the Grand Scottish Journey and the Premier North Coast 500. We are definitely wanting to take in Ross & Cromarty so I can show my mate Foulis Castle (my ancestral home!) and we also want to bag a Munro (an easy one!).   

That's brilliant - we'd love to help! Also happen to know Hugh Munro's great grandson, though that doesn't make climbing them any easier ;-) Are you any relation?

Look forward to hearing from you once you're ready.

And likewise @North Lower Neil.
  • Options
    Have moved my April 2021 holiday to Mexico to April 2022 and booked 2 weeks in Rhodes in July
  • Options
    We were planning a return trip to South Africa over next Christmas and New Year - looks like Southend is more likely. 

It’s my father in laws 65th in June, he was planning on talking all the family away to Crete -  can’t see it happening. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

That's brilliant - we'd love to help! Also happen to know Hugh Munro's great grandson, though that doesn't make climbing them any easier ;-) Are you any relation?

Look forward to hearing from you once you're ready.

And likewise @North Lower Neil.
    I'm related to the Clan Chief line - I believe Hugh Munro is a different line.

It will need to be a very easy Munro to climb!