Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2021 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Just had a look at a park we stayed at in Cornwall.
    Christ on a bike! Over 100% increase on what we payed 2 years ago!
  • Options
    Got loads and loads of BA vouchers plus a few SIngapore Airways vouchers all valid to Easter 2022 so plans on hold. Did have some extensive travel plans in 2020 until.....

• Options
    Rebooked our annual golf trip to southern Spain for mid may. 
    Hopeful 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
  • Options
    5 nights in Cheddar Gorge in Easter holidays:

https://www.featherdown.co.uk/location/cheddar-gorge/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gmb&utm_campaign=location

In summer I am trying to find a cottage large enough for 12 to have a delayed Christmas,. The 3 most vulnerable will have been vaccinated by then, 4 under age of 11 so won't ever be which would leave 5 healthy 40-somethings to take the risk I guess but hopeful that by then it is summer and maybe the vaccine will even have rolled out that far by then.
    We rented a large, full of character house with great outdoor space including a tennis court, 5/6 bedrooms, huge lounge, dining room, big family kitchen & a 10 minute walk away from the beach in Lulworth in the summer of 2018 .

Our family group consisted of 6 adults & 5 children aged between 2 and 14. 

Absolutely loved that week & would do it again in a heartbeat but both of the families have rebooked their 2020 holidays in Mexico & California plus our eldest grandson has a 2 week trip to Vietnam with his school....so very few dates remaining to make a plan. 
  • Options

https://www.featherdown.co.uk/location/cheddar-gorge/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gmb&utm_campaign=location

In summer I am trying to find a cottage large enough for 12 to have a delayed Christmas,. The 3 most vulnerable will have been vaccinated by then, 4 under age of 11 so won't ever be which would leave 5 healthy 40-somethings to take the risk I guess but hopeful that by then it is summer and maybe the vaccine will even have rolled out that far by then.
    We rented a large, full of character house with great outdoor space including a tennis court, 5/6 bedrooms, huge lounge, dining room, big family kitchen & a 10 minute walk away from the beach in Lulworth in the summer of 2018 .

Absolutely loved that week & would do it again in a heartbeat but both of the families have rebooked their 2020 holidays in Mexico & California plus our eldest grandson has a 2 week trip to Vietnam with his school....so very few dates remaining to make a plan. 
    I know that gaff
  • Options
    Transferred our holiday to France from last, to this August. Not confident it will go ahead. If it doesn’t, we’ll look for something in the UK but will probably all be booked up by then. If we’re able to, we’re looking to do a few days in Paris for the October half term, and incorporate Disneyland.
  • Options

I know that gaff
    Really ? 
  • Options
    Yes, same all over, people are going to be shocked at some of the price increases.
  • Options
    Blimey paid £350 for a week beginning of October down pevensey bay holiday park.
    Normally just over £1000 in August this August £2000 for a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a seasonal disease. Just like last summer the infection rates will go down. I think you’ll be fine
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Main holiday wise, I don't think it's worth risking abroad so I'm trying to get us to the Highlands for a mix of nature and golf. Feels a good time for The Highlands, it's big enough that you can find seclusion, then there'll be lost time to make up once we can go abroad.

I'm supposed to be playing the northwest's 3 Open venues in March too but that'll be cancelled for a 2nd time. I will have a golf binge somewhere as soon as it's safe to travel.
  • Options
    6 months ago booked our 3rd visit to the Maldives to leave mid March, ah well haven't been on hols for 7 years, what's one more
  • Options
    Manged a week fishing in France last July
    But had our two holidays to Rhodes cancelled (misses wasnt happy i got a holiday and she didnt🤣🤣)
    Nothing booked yet for this year but am hopefull of something somewhere
    Need something to look forward to🏝
  • Options
    Manged a week fishing in France last July
    But had our two holidays to Rhodes cancelled (misses wasnt happy i got a holiday and she didnt🤣🤣)
    Nothing booked yet for this year but am hopefull of something somewhere
    Need something to look forward to🏝
    Is that you Lee??
  • Options
    I desperately want a holiday, all cancelled last year.

But I don't see anything happening/being allowed before the summer, if we can get abroad i'm booking as long as humanly possible in Cyprus, don't care what time of year.
  • Options
    You would have to be off your head to book anything under current circumstances. 

i would imagine that there will be Holiday companies and airlines that are are on the brink of going under as we speak and i don't trust this government to have everyone vaccinated by the summer or beyond . 

• Options
    edited January 2021
    When things open up, we need to take mum’s ashes back home to Ireland. Will try to have 2-3 weeks there and not just a quick trip. Other than that, I want to find a job.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Main holiday wise, I don't think it's worth risking abroad so I'm trying to get us to the Highlands for a mix of nature and golf. Feels a good time for The Highlands, it's big enough that you can find seclusion, then there'll be lost time to make up once we can go abroad.

I'm supposed to be playing the northwest's 3 Open venues in March too but that'll be cancelled for a 2nd time. I will have a golf binge somewhere as soon as it's safe to travel.
    I really like the look of the Highlands - Loch Ness, dolphin watching from Chanonry Point, Wildlife Cruises from Mallaig, Ben Nevis (and the distillery), and, of course, the Harry Potter steam train.

Was going to go up about 10 years ago to walk the Great Glen Way but then had loads of stuff in the house break about a week before I was going to pay for the sleeper train tickets and hotels etc, was too skint!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve just priced up the same week we did last summer in Dorset. Even with the park currently offering a 20% discount, the exact same week still works out as a 71% increase on last summer :-( 
  • Options
    Have booked the last week before Christmas in preparation for 4 weeks in Brasil, but will wait till around October before deciding on booking flights and accommodation.
    I'm not too optimistic.
  • Options
    Assuming the landscape is relatively back to normal by then, my son is going to Australia from October through to March training and playing cricket with the Darren Lehmann Academy. He will have two weeks off at Christmas so my wife has designs on us joining him at that time and us all doing a bit of sightseeing. Little does she know that the boy and I will be looking into "sightseeing" at as many Big Bash games we can and if the venues and timings are right even taking in an Ashes Test.

Fortunately for us, my wife isn't on Charlton Life - she hates cricket and must have been really bad in another life!
    @Addick Addict

Seb will have a great time there. 
    Jamie went when he was 19 and playing for 
    MCC young cricketers before getting signed by Essex. 

This is from when he was called into the
    England squad against India back 2018
    https://dlca.com.au/tag/jamie-porter/
  • Options
    Good luck booking a holiday abroad.
    If you must then make sure it's through ABTA so you may be able to get your money back eventually, when it's cancelled.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Our holiday to The Maldives was naturally cancelled last year and we have rebooked for Sept - our sixth holiday in The Maldives
    Have you ever considered converting your garden to a Maldivian paradise? You know, cover the garden in sand, stick a canopy up and install a few sun lamps. Stick some 'sea sounds' on repeat and bob's your uncle.

I did the Maldives 2 years ago. Whilst it is beautiful and all that, it was like 2 weeks on a small island prison camp that you could completely walk fully around in 30 minutes. Dull as ditch water. Each to their own, but not for me. For that sort of dosh, I want something a bit more active and some variety. Caribbean 'trumps' it for me, all day long.
    As you rightly say "each to their own". I have been to 11 different Caribbean Islands and much prefer The Maldives.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Assuming the landscape is relatively back to normal by then, my son is going to Australia from October through to March training and playing cricket with the Darren Lehmann Academy. He will have two weeks off at Christmas so my wife has designs on us joining him at that time and us all doing a bit of sightseeing. Little does she know that the boy and I will be looking into "sightseeing" at as many Big Bash games we can and if the venues and timings are right even taking in an Ashes Test.

Fortunately for us, my wife isn't on Charlton Life - she hates cricket and must have been really bad in another life!
    @Addick Addict

Seb will have a great time there. 
    Jamie went when he was 19 and playing for 
    MCC young cricketers before getting signed by Essex. 

This is from when he was called into the
    England squad against India back 2018
    https://dlca.com.au/tag/jamie-porter/
    That's really great to see and thanks for sharing. Seb is going as much for the experience as he is to make him a better cricketer. He's a long way off making it as a pro at the moment and the coming season will tell him more but the trip will also help him to cement his thoughts on whether he still has those aspirations.
  • Options
    we got a 12 day cruise around Britain booked for late May rebooked from last year as it was all paid for, think we will be rebooking this for next year.

This year is my retirement warm up year, so we booked 18 months ago a 17 day cruise Southampton to Barcelona in July. Followed by a 14 night cruise in September Monte Carlo to Venice. There’s a chance the last one might go, the first one I wouldn’t put much more than 50/50. 

Going to be hard to fit these in 2022 as we got our retirement cruise booked which is a 73 night cruise from Istanbul to Auckland.

Sounds a lot but when initially planned it worked absolutely perfectly, now with Covid then it’s going to be problematical.
    Wow. 73 nights Istanbul to Auckland. Sounds awesome.
    It’s a fabulous cruise, Dubai, Jerusalem,  Cairo, Luxor, Suez Canal, india, Maldives, Australia. New Zealand. Includes all holidays from Halloween to past New year as an example Christmas Day is spent on WhitSunday island. So lucky, got a bonus of visiting my brother in Brisbane for a day.

Prehaps I should explain its both mine and my wife’s retirement, our 45th wedding anniversary and my 70th Birthday in 2022, so we decided that we would treat ourselves and do something we always wanted to do, we found this. Only slight problem is the 36 hours flight home as my wife hates flying, but she decided to go, as the cruise includes business class flights. It’s a one off adventure. We both worked hard and she brought up the kids more or less single handed whilst I worked hard initially for others, now for myself. 
    I googled the itinerary, looks absolutely amazing. I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic time. Flying Business Class makes flying a lot more bearable. My wife hates flying too but Business Class makes it a lot less stressful. 
  • Options
    we got a 12 day cruise around Britain booked for late May rebooked from last year as it was all paid for, think we will be rebooking this for next year.

This year is my retirement warm up year, so we booked 18 months ago a 17 day cruise Southampton to Barcelona in July. Followed by a 14 night cruise in September Monte Carlo to Venice. There’s a chance the last one might go, the first one I wouldn’t put much more than 50/50. 

Going to be hard to fit these in 2022 as we got our retirement cruise booked which is a 73 night cruise from Istanbul to Auckland.

Sounds a lot but when initially planned it worked absolutely perfectly, now with Covid then it’s going to be problematical.
    Wow. 73 nights Istanbul to Auckland. Sounds awesome.
    It’s a fabulous cruise, Dubai, Jerusalem,  Cairo, Luxor, Suez Canal, india, Maldives, Australia. New Zealand. Includes all holidays from Halloween to past New year as an example Christmas Day is spent on WhitSunday island. So lucky, got a bonus of visiting my brother in Brisbane for a day.

Prehaps I should explain its both mine and my wife’s retirement, our 45th wedding anniversary and my 70th Birthday in 2022, so we decided that we would treat ourselves and do something we always wanted to do, we found this. Only slight problem is the 36 hours flight home as my wife hates flying, but she decided to go, as the cruise includes business class flights. It’s a one off adventure. We both worked hard and she brought up the kids more or less single handed whilst I worked hard initially for others, now for myself. 
    Sounds amazing - enjoy
  • Options

I hope you don't get seasick.
  • Options
    Think this year will be another year of lockdowns even when this current one ends ( 23rd March being touted although expect that to be extended until May ) we will go back to tiers.

last year had loads cancelled but currently haven’t bothered to rebook have 2 weddings this year and euro 2021 but doubt I’ll be attending any