Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Glad I get my streams from my IPTV, sod paying a tenner for that, also means I don't feel like I've wasted money when like today i don't bother with the second half.
  • Bowyer at the moment is single handedly ruining all the feel good factors we have had lately,with the dross he is serving up & his team selection’s...he is turning people away & he will lose a lot more if he don’t change his pig ignorant thinking or ways...
    It ain’t Bowyers fault Bogle has no idea how to score.
    Well it wasn't the tea lady that signed him!
  • edited January 2021
    Positivity crew? Don't you dare show up on later threads complaining about the "negativity on the match thread." Speak now or forever hold your breath.
  • as Hardy would say as Stan Laurel produced another act of idiocy: 'i have nothing to say' 
  • I know I've been giving Bogle stick but I lay the blame fully at Bowyer's door hate to say I told you so but so many of us predicted this outcome on seeing the starting 11 and it's not injuries that are forcing this selection - I genuinely think we need a new manager.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Poor from front to back. Morgan offers little in comparison to Maddison. 
    I so want Bogle to turn the corner but air shots like that will just fuel the boo boys
    Hopefully Bogle will turn more than one corner and end up back in Grimsby. He is truly woeful. 
  • Please sub Bogle   , his worst performance by far . Gilbey is non existent  , replace him with Maddison at HT .
  • This Valley Pass is good isn’t it?

First time I’ve done it with the upped production values. Decent.

• Substitutes should be on at halftime although that's not our way so it will be with 20 mins to go. It's very good of us to play our weakest team and all out of position before bring the players that can win a game on with just 20 mins left. It's a joke that we keep doing this week after week
  • Sponsored links:

• Triple sub at half time please.

Matthews isn't a left back.
    JFC (he's done ok but simply only because Gilbey came on)
    Bogle isn't a footballer.

Actual players in their actual positions please. A proper back 4. Pratley holding midfielder. Attacking options with Maddison and Smyth.

Amos, Gunter, Deji, Pearce, Maatsen, Pratley, Gilbey, Morgan, Maddison, Smyth, Washington
  • With each passing week the Bowyer out calls will grow. Absolutely rubbish from the starting line up, the sub made and the performance. 
  • At least we haven't set the bar too high for the second half.
  • edited January 2021
    I personally don’t rate Morgan. It doesn’t surprise me that no league one or two clubs took him on loan last season. He has the odd spark but is so inconsistent, is definitely nowhere near the level of Maddison who for some reason is benched for him 
  • edited January 2021
    Poor performance so far - Hull look like a promotion chasing side - we do not - they are well set up - need to move the ball quicker and with intent - Williams and Maddison must come on NOW
  • Pretty appalling first half. Defence looks dodgy, midfield non-existent, and forward line anonymous. Only Gunter, Pearce and JFC can say they have been at it for the first 45.  Watson going off has unbalanced us, and you have to question why not bring on Oshilaja, move Pratley forward and keep the same shape as we started with? Gilbey is not a like for like switch with Watson.

We do look like we might get something from a set play, but we aren't pressing enough to get up the field often enough.

Let's go for it and bring Maddison and Williams on (for Mathews and Morgan), and try to be more positive. Not much else we can do when losing (Smyth for who? Bogle is terrible and Washington poor but you have to keep them on...).
  • Every single player, including Bogle, is better, much better than they have shown so far this season. 

One or two you can question the player, all of them, you have to blame the manager. 
  • This is the best part of the coverage so far
  • Chunes said:
    Positivity crew? Don't you dare show up on later threads complaining about the "negativity on the match thread." Speak now or forever hold your breath.
    What an odd comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Washington and Gilbey have done done ok. Apart from that one of the worst tactical set ups and performances I’ve ever seen...well since last week or the week before...
  • I can hear Bowyers excuses already,  if only the players did their jobs........
  • Has Bowyer recently developed a fondness for mind-bending drugs?

His recent team selections and approach are positively 'psychedelic'.

I suppose the other possibility is that he's suddenly found a previously unearthed passion for computer coding and has written a random number generating program in BASIC that he now uses to make his team selections.

Not sure what else explains the clusterf**k that is his tactical approach; if that's what it is.

Absolutely staggering.  Has anyone seen if he is wearing a tie-dye T-shirt under there somewhere?
  • edited January 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Are we still playing players in random positions like a right back at left back, a left back in midfield and a centre mid at centre back?
    Yes, and to make matters worse the left back is playing right midfield. Work that one out 
  • Washington and Gilbey have done done ok. Apart from that one of the worst tactical set ups and performances I’ve ever seen...well since last week or the week before...
    Gilbey is hiding while Pratley is bring the ball out of defence. We've missed Watson in that regard, in fact I think we've missed Watson a lot.
  • Glad I get my streams from my IPTV, sod paying a tenner for that, also means I don't feel like I've wasted money when like today i don't bother with the second half.
    Hi Chef..

Which IPTV provider are you with, if u dont mind me asking, cheers.
  • Has Bowyer recently developed a fondness for mind-bending drugs?

His recent team selections and approach are positively 'psychedelic'.

I suppose the other possibility is that he's suddenly found a previously unearthed passion for computer coding and has written a random number generating program in BASIC that he now uses to make his team selections.

Not sure what else explains the clusterf**k that is his tactical approach; if that's what it is.

Absolutely staggering.  Has anyone seen if he is wearing a tie-dye T-shirt under there somewhere?
    I think it’s been there from a young age to be fair. 
  • Just dreadful. The player I feel sorry for here is Matthews. He’s obviously told Bowyer he’ll step up in any role - and rightly so as he wouldn’t get a game otherwise - but he’s just not a left back. He’s now looking pretty shit, but we all know he isn’t shit.
    What I don’t understand is what Bowyer thinks we gain from having Matthews on the left and Maatsen on the right. I can’t see anything that could be considered a net gain there. I know it’s not going to solve everything, but swapping those two back to positions they might feel a bit more comfortable in could be a start.
  • I love LB and want to see him succeed but oh boy is he playing with fire right now. 

It's becoming difficult to defend him and I fear Thomas may run out of patience... 

Come on Charlton turn it around this half! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!