Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Maybe Ronnie is someone that looks a lot better watching them IRL rather than on a stream. But from what I've seen, he doesn't offer enough. He doesn't get into the game enough to warrant more time but maybe he needs more time in order to get into the game more. Bit of a catch 22 situation. Thanks for sharing the stats but I don't really see how that adds to the argument that he's any good. He's scored one goal, one unfairly taken away from him and 0 assists, which is a pretty poor return. Wonder what his xG is? Imagine it's between 2/3. 
  • Like a lot of people here I think he's got potential to score goals provided we play a style of football that suits him, and he hasn't had the minutes yet for us to be able to make a full judgement. However, we are not currently playing in that style and recently our other strikers have made much more of an impact when they've played - I don't think it's right that any of them should lose their place to Ronnie.
  • edited March 2021
    Maybe Ronnie is someone that looks a lot better watching them IRL rather than on a stream. But from what I've seen, he doesn't offer enough. He doesn't get into the game enough to warrant more time but maybe he needs more time in order to get into the game more. Bit of a catch 22 situation. Thanks for sharing the stats but I don't really see how that adds to the argument that he's any good. He's scored one goal, one unfairly taken away from him and 0 assists, which is a pretty poor return. Wonder what his xG is? Imagine it's between 2/3. 
    I don't really get xG still. Is that high or low?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Maybe Ronnie is someone that looks a lot better watching them IRL rather than on a stream. But from what I've seen, he doesn't offer enough. He doesn't get into the game enough to warrant more time but maybe he needs more time in order to get into the game more. Bit of a catch 22 situation. Thanks for sharing the stats but I don't really see how that adds to the argument that he's any good. He's scored one goal, one unfairly taken away from him and 0 assists, which is a pretty poor return. Wonder what his xG is? Imagine it's between 2/3. 
    Get over to the crypto thread, maybe we can invest in?
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    The guys been here nearly 2 months now, and people are still saying "oh he needs a chance" - he's had plenty of chances, but literally does nothing when he comes on
    Plenty of chances? He's in total had 390 minutes across 16 appearances. That's on average 24 minutes. If he was playing the full 24 minutes game in, game out, I'd certainly have more concerns. Fact is a third of those games he's had 10 minutes or less, for over half he's had 20 minutes or less. In total he's only actually played more than 24 minutes in 5 games. 

Also to dispel the myth that he "never touches the ball"

Game 1 - Subbed on @ 2-0 down vs Accrington - Played 12 minutes 5 touches
    Game 2 - Subbed on @ 4-2 Down vs Rochdale - Played 45 minutes scored the goal to rescue a point 13 touches.
    Game 3 - Subbed on @ 1-0 up vs Bristol - Played 20 minutes 3 touches. 
    Game 4 - Subbed on @ 2-1 down vs Peterborough - Played 23 minutes 3 touches. 
    Game 5 - Started vs Swindon - Played 76 minutes Scored a good goal, incorrectly disallowed for offside. 10 touches total.
    Game 6 - Subbed on @ 1-0 up vs MK - Played 40 minutes 6 Touches
    Game 7 - Started vs Portsmouth - Played 61 minutes 8 Touches
    Game 8 - Subbed on @ 2-0 up vs Rochdale - Played 4 minutes 0 touches (unsurprisingly)
    Game 9 - Subbed on @ 3-2 down vs Gillingham - Played 2 minutes  1 touch
    Game 10 - Started vs Fleetwood - Played 56 minutes 5 touches
    Game 11 - Subbed on @ 2-1 down vs Burton - Played 18 minutes 0 Touches
    Game 12 - Subbed on at 3-0 down vs Blackpool - Played 8 minutes3 touches
    Game 13 - Subbed on @ 1-0 up vs Wigan - Played 1 minute 0 touches (unsurprisingly)
    Game 14 - Subbed on @ 0-0 vs Oxford - Played 13 minutes 2 touches Penalty Saved. 
    Game 15 - Subbed on @ 2-1 up vs Northampton - Played 2 minutes 1 touch
    Game 16 - Subbed on @ 2-2 vs AFC Wimbledon - Played 11 minutes, 0 touches

So only twice when we have played more than 10 minutes has he not touched the ball once. 4 times in total, but that involves two of fewer than 4 minutes a piece (one was 1 minute). 

He has averaged just shy of 4 touches per game. Not bad reall, when he's played under 20 minutes or less for over half of those games.  1 touch every 5 minutes-ish

I've said it before and I'll say it again, give him some time with the U23's to help his sharpness and hopefully his confidence too.
    Seriously a touch every 5 minutes, how low our are standards if that is ok?
  • In terms of the touches and minutes, it’s stats without context isn’t it. If we are attacking well, fluid, lots of balls into the box and attacking relentlessly (do we ever) and he has a small amount of touches, that Is a concern. However, the few times I have seen him for the odd 5-10 minutes we are usually backs to wall defending, desperately holding on to a win or trying to string three passes together in order to try and scalp an equaliser or a consolation goal. This gives a fox in the box striker crumbs to feed on. I don’t think Schwartz should be holding the blame solely for this, it is a management decision or putting him on in that situation. Just looking at the numbers doesn’t really give the full picture. 

Saturday he was subbed on for his standard 10 minutes, where we barely strung 2 passes together. Defended for most of the half and had zero width. There’s no wonder a striker that needs service doesn’t flourish. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The guys been here nearly 2 months now, and people are still saying "oh he needs a chance" - he's had plenty of chances, but literally does nothing when he comes on
    Plenty of chances? He's in total had 390 minutes across 16 appearances. That's on average 24 minutes. If he was playing the full 24 minutes game in, game out, I'd certainly have more concerns. Fact is a third of those games he's had 10 minutes or less, for over half he's had 20 minutes or less. In total he's only actually played more than 24 minutes in 5 games. 

Game 2 - Subbed on @ 4-2 Down vs Rochdale - Played 45 minutes scored the goal to rescue a point 13 touches.
    Game 5 - Started vs Swindon - Played 76 minutes Scored a good goal, incorrectly disallowed for offside. 10 touches total.
    Game 8 - Subbed on @ 2-0 up vs Rochdale - Played 4 minutes 0 touches (unsurprisingly)
    Game 13 - Subbed on @ 1-0 up vs Wigan - Played 1 minute 0 touches (unsurprisingly)
    Game 14 - Subbed on @ 0-0 vs Oxford - Played 13 minutes 2 touches Penalty Saved. 

So only twice when we have played more than 10 minutes has he not touched the ball once. 4 times in total, but that involves two of fewer than 4 minutes a piece (one was 1 minute). 

He has averaged just shy of 4 touches per game. Not bad reall, when he's played under 20 minutes or less for over half of those games.  1 touch every 5 minutes-ish

I've said it before and I'll say it again, give him some time with the U23's to help his sharpness and hopefully his confidence too.
     56 mins 5 touches isn't exactly outstanding. It more suggests bein g in the wrong place or hiding.
    Yes, but he's got far more involved since.
    He's had 53 minutes and 6 touches.

So he's gone from a touch every 11 minutes to every 9 minutes!
  • I think he is uniquely unsuited to the physicality of the EFL 3rd division. I also think that at some point soon we need to start him just to see if he can show anything and surprise me ! 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Seriously a touch every 5 minutes, how low our are standards if that is ok?
    For a striker that plays off the shoulder I thought it was reasonable... In answer to your question, low. Especially seeing as we do not play to his strengths. 
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

56 mins 5 touches isn't exactly outstanding. It more suggests bein g in the wrong place or hiding.
    Did you watch the Fleetwood game?

He made several good runs, but the passes didn't make it to him.

I have said he needs to do more, especially in terms of adding to the physical side of the game and dropping to retrieve the ball. He needs more time to do more, these changes won't happen immediately and even slower without regular game time. I'd argue strikers need 20 minutes a game minimum really. Any less than that may as well be a time wasting sub, unless it's the powerhouse Chuks. 
    At 31 I would have thought that dropping back to retrieve the ball should be in his armoury.  I do agree with the minutes  in a game. 
    I did see the Fleetwood game but wasn't that impressed to be honest .
    I agree he didn't do enough to massively impress, but there are clear signs of an instinctive attacking player there.

In order to play regularly he does need to do more to help the team thoug, I think just coming to a pass instead of expecting it beyond the strikers a bit more often would be of benefit.

He needs somewhere he can learn to do that more without risk of blame. It'll happen once our chances for play offs are over IMO. I'd hope he could also do it in the 23's
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    xG is just the expected amount of goals Ronnie should have scored. I'm just guessing that his xG is higher than his actual goal tally, but it doesn't actually mean much with such small numbers tbh. Will be higher because he missed a penalty 
  • edited March 2021
    blimey, 12 touches in his last 9 appearances.  I know he only gets a few minutes but that is woeful, especially as one of them was a missed penalty and total time on the pitch is 115 mins so not even a touch every 10mins!
  • Put him on from the start. IF he does fuck all then we have an answer.

The guy does have pedigree, let's hope it ain't Pedigree Chum.
  • With Washington injured it definitely gives him a chance to get more minutes. Honestly though I feel bad for the guy, he must be hating living on his own in London with his family back in Denmark, it’s early days obviously but he’s been here a few months now and barely got off the bench and received any passes, I wouldn’t begrudge him if he’s regretting the move.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Going by my waist size I'd say it's low.
    I'm about 3 xx at least
  • edited March 2021
    Imagine signing a 31 year old striker, for a fee, with a wage cap in place, just for him to get minutes in the U23s.

One of our worst bits of business in recent years.
  • I dont think we can say how good he is as imo he hasn't really had a chance yet. He has mostly come on as a late substitute. I would like to see him start and see what he does in a full game
  • It was a gamble That hasnt worked out

i think its been abit 50/50 why it hasnt worked out as he hasnt really had much created for him at all but at the same time a striker especially in this league needs to know how to bully or grab hold of a game and get involved

in our position and especially next season we cant go into it with one of the main 3/4 strikers on the books that is unproven and not affecting games much at all 

i say cut our losses with NA here and some money thrown at it by TS we need better
  • I feel it has mostly been explained as to why he hasn't been a success thus far, i really want him to do well here and will always get behind him, but I am struggling to. I hope he gets more minutes to prove his worth. 
  • It was a gamble That hasnt worked out

i think its been abit 50/50 why it hasnt worked out as he hasnt really had much created for him at all but at the same time a striker especially in this league needs to know how to bully or grab hold of a game and get involved

in our position and especially next season we cant go into it with one of the main 3/4 strikers on the books that is unproven and not affecting games much at all 

i say cut our losses with NA here and some money thrown at it by TS we need better
    Easy to say cut your losses on a player that's under contract when it's not your money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never know a couple of weeks under Adkins training regime may be just the ticket.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It was a gamble That hasnt worked out

Easy to say cut your losses on a player that's under contract when it's not your money.
    Of course but im sure TS would rather that and get someone in who can boost a promotion push properly and effectively which in turn will mean more money into the club if we go up no?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Never know a couple of weeks under Adkins training regime may be just the ticket.
    Adkins said in his daily video tweet today that he's having one-one meeting with all the players either today or over the next few days. Wonder what Shwartz will say - personally hopefully he'll get on his back about getting some proper gametime.
    More game time for Schwartz means less game time for Washington, Aneke and/or Stockley which is hard to justify at the moment. He probably needs to make do with fairly short cameos at the moment and try to stake a claim to more game time through contributing something in those moments, actually kicking the ball once or twice would be a good place to start. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Never know a couple of weeks under Adkins training regime may be just the ticket.
    Adkins said in his daily video tweet today that he's having one-one meeting with all the players either today or over the next few days. Wonder what Shwartz will say - personally hopefully he'll get on his back about getting some proper gametime.
    Hopefully Adkins' positivity will be just what Schwartz needs at the moment, other than a goal of course
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Apparently Nigel asked Ronnie to meet him behind the goal........Ronnie is still looking for it.
  • Should I pop him into the 'one for the future folder ' or the 'transfer make weight folder ' ,I'm not sure. 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    More game time for Schwartz means less game time for Washington, Aneke and/or Stockley which is hard to justify at the moment. He probably needs to make do with fairly short cameos at the moment and try to stake a claim to more game time through contributing something in those moments, actually kicking the ball once or twice would be a good place to start. 
    Exactly. Also Adkins would be a poor manager if he gave someone game time for getting on his back about it in a one to one meeting - which I'm not suggesting Ronnie would do anyway. 

He may discuss his struggles and disappointments at not playing, which is understandable, as well as if he has a future under Adkins and his preferred system. 

But Ronnie will know as well as anyone that the way he is going to get into the squad, unless we have freak injuries, is by training well and taking his chances when he does get on.