Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• 4 hours 10 mins.
    Only 50 minutes over time. Rohit had the medical team on at least three times and there was Billings' injury too but it's still ridiculous. Fines do nothing and it's only doing something like adding a run per minute over that will mean things changing. 
  • edited March 2021
    89-0 off 10

Roy and Bairstow showing the sort of batting that makes you wonder why they aren't the opening pair in T20..........
  • edited March 2021
    This was a very interesting discussion, for those that haven't seen it, explaining why there are so few players in the world that can successfully switch, as openers, between red and white ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS-DzQuk7K8
  • Kohli seen directing his players to field in the stands
  • Anyone gonna try and tell me these 2 shouldn't be opening in T20s. 
    I get the Buttler argument to some extent, but when you have such explosive players around him I think you can afford to let him do what he does best.
    We've both been singing from the same hymn book in this respect for a while. The opening position is the only one where you can't move Buttler once that decision has been made. You can, however, notionally have him batting at 5 but, depending on the situation, send him in at anything between 3 and 6. That is the difference.

• 135-1  14.2

Roy 46 off 35
  • Stokes looks completely lost as a batsman atm
  • 137-2

Stokes 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Stokes looks completely lost as a batsman atm
    I think he's a batsman who plays best when it's a case of "see ball, hit ball". Whilst there is no doubt that he is one of our most technically sound batsman, I believe that he overthinks the situation when he has a relatively blank canvas to work with.
  • edited March 2021
    Bairstow 94 off 66
    169-3   22.1
  • Bairstow 94 off 66
    169-3   2.1
    That's some going off 2.1 overs 
  • 175-4  24.1

Morgan 22 off 30
  • 176-5  24.4

Buttler 2 off 4
  • Here comes the collapse...
  • Billings and Moeen are in having faced two balls between them in this game. Not many more than they have in the last six months.
  • England doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory here
  • Here comes the collapse...
    I think 135-0 to 176-5 is quite a collapse in itself
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice little umpires call there.
    Identical to the one that was turned down for England.
  • Losing from there would be shocking. Roy and Bairstow have put it on a plate for you.
  • 217-6 

Billings 18 off 22 (sorry I don't rate him)
  • Both Billings and Stokes dismissals were both unnecessary and similar - both tried to drive on the up, sliced across the ball and hit it straight to short cover's midriff 
  • 237-7

Moeen 30 off 37
  • Have the Curran's batted together for England before?
  • 239-8

S Curran 12 off 20
  • FFS, I’m so done with this series. It’s like being stuck in Groundhog Day. 
  • What a shit show
  • Have the Curran's batted together for England before?
    didn't last long.