Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Pretty much a perfect performance by England. Great response to the test hammerings 
  • Malan Brexits a 6 with one needed to grab his strike rate back up.

Like a footballer sprinting to take a corner to get his sprint stats up. 
  • Shame Roy didn't get his 50 but he looked in form close to his best!
  • Next India team will be kholi, pant and 9 spinning allrounders.
    Spitting cobras from ball 1 and a pitch under construction.
  • First time in Kohli's 475 innings long international career that he's failed to score a run in back to back innings. 

What a shame!
  • We had that in the bag from 3-2.
  • As an aside that's 5 one sided matches between India and England so far this tour
  • That stumping off Kohli was a disgrace, how do these 3rd umpires not face any kind of repercussions from deliberate cheating?
  • No crowds for the rest of the series, due to Covid infections increasing 

• As an aside that's 5 one sided matches between India and England so far this tour
    Six now
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    No crowds for the rest of the series, due to Covid infections increasing 

No surprise there ! 
  • Been following Ishan Kishan for a while. He's a monster, similar to Pant in a lot of ways. Here's a match from FC cricket they once played against each other:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/ranji-trophy-2016-17-1053433/delhi-vs-jharkhand-group-b-1053573/full-scorecard

• Just seen the Ahmedabad pitch used for the 2nd test was given a rating of “Average” and will not face demerit points. Laughable. 
  • Did anyone see the England legends game yesterday against Sri Lanka. England were 22-5 off 10 overs at one point! They limped to 78-9 off 20. Sri Lanka knocked them off in 7.3 overs with Monty Panesar taking all 4 wickets to fall.

Dilshan had a poor game - bowling figures of 4-1-6-4 and hit an undefeated 61 off 26 balls. Oh and he took a catch too.
  • Just seen the Ahmedabad pitch used for the 2nd test was given a rating of “Average” and will not face demerit points. Laughable. 
    I think that's right, on balance.  I don't think it would be fair to censure the Ahmedebad groundsman for the state of the second Test pitch.  Because it was played in Chennai. 
  • Chizz said:

No surprise there ! 
    I looked at the Covid figures in India at the moment and was stunned that they were allowing supporters.
  • 66,000 at the last game with very little social distancing was crazy
  • Chizz said:

No surprise there ! 
    I looked at the Covid figures in India at the moment and was stunned that they were allowing supporters.
    There was no attempt to distance the fans either. It was bizarre that during the day night test nearly all the fans were crammed into the lower tier, with the upper tier more or less empty.
  • Chizz said:

No surprise there ! 
    Apparently the umpire had said it was ok!
  • Chizz said:

No surprise there ! 
    Apparently the umpire had said it was ok!
    they've spent months reviewing the decision and the third umpire has reluctantly given the indian supporters out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where is Moeen? The management of him has been appalling.

TC dropped for Mark Wood is the right call. He's a very good death bowler but we have Jordan and Archer for that. He is first reserve for that role.

Sam Curran did well in the last match but I maintain that as a swing bowler he should bowl when the ball is new. Beyond that he has variations but he can also be destroyed.
  • Take 3 wickets in the powerplay and you win 80% of matches.

Wood has been exceptional and Jordan has really become a world class T20 bowler!

Wood has been exceptional and Jordan has really become a world class T20 bowler!
    archer, wood, jordan and rashid must be an absolute nightmare to get runs off.

Yes, a great start by England.
  • KL Rahul's scores in his last 4 innings - 0, 0, 1 & 0
  • Just to think about the depth we have. here is a team of those not playing today

Hales
    Banton
    Root
    Livingstone
    Billings
    Vince
    Moeen
    Curran
    Woakes
    Willey
    Topley

I'd back that team to get to the semi's of a world cup. Also the likes of Mahmood, Parkinson and Ball (how the fuck did he get in this squad).
  • Astonishing kippering of Pant there by his own captain
  • Just to think about the depth we have. here is a team of those not playing today

Hales
    Banton
    Root
    Livingstone
    Billings
    Vince
    Moeen
    Curran
    Woakes
    Willey
    Topley

I'd back that team to get to the semi's of a world cup. Also the likes of Mahmood, Parkinson and Ball (how the fuck did he get in this squad).
    With this 11 would be the 18 i take the world t20

Hales
    Banton
    Root
    Livingstone
    Billings
    Vince
    Moeen
    Curran
    Woakes
    Willey
    Topley

With this 11 would be the 18 i take the world t20
    Probably agree with you that's what I'd take. Would like Hales in there but dont see that being likely.

Big fan of Willey (dont) but they dont seem to like him. Have picked the likes of Sam, Tom, Topley and now Jake Ball ahead of him. Same with Woakes but I'd probably want him if Stokes was injured.
  • KL Rahul's scores in his last 4 innings - 0, 0, 1 & 0
    I look at stats like that and think that I can be an international cricketer