Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Luckily Grant blazes over from the rebound
  • Forest equaliser against Millwall 1-1......no not him
  • Chunes said:
    I wonder what goes through a defender's mind when they see Chuks come on
    The complete opposite of when they face Bogle 
  • 49'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Marcus Maddison tries a through ball, but Chuks Aneke is caught offside.

• wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    So the player who's scored our goal and had more shots than everyone else combined is the scapegoat. Cool
    I know you struggle with shades of grey as everyone is either the best player in the world or total shit to you, but is it possible to acknowledge a player is not necessarily playing entirely well without them being a scapegoat. 
    I mean look at everyone here. Is there much "Bogle scored well, has held the ball up okay, bad miss, a few shots from range, decent stuff overall"? No. It's all Bogle is shit, get Chuks on. Not fucking having this at all
    I think Lee Bowyer disagrees with you...
    Everyone disagree with him, he just wants to be a knob. He's good at that. 
    Claiming that our left-back is not a left-back is just a completely normal opinion then 
    Completely with Leuth on this one.  A lot of people on here seem to assume that a left back that isn’t good going forward must be a good defender.. conversely , one that can attack is a liability defensively.  Didn’t we keep 6 clean sheets in a row with Maatsen at left back ? 
    I never said he was a liability defensively though did I? I don't think he is a terrible left back, I just think his attributes are more suited to further forward. Didn't Doughty spend a lot of time at full back and then get moved forward?
  • 50'

Post update

Corner, Swindon Town. Conceded by Darren Pratley.

• Swindon calling for a penalty, nothing given
  • We are so poor with the ball under pressure
  • Swindon man backs into Pratley... Simply doesn't move for the attacker. 
  • Huge chance to go ahead! Payne's corner is deflected out to the edge of the box, Grant leathers it but it hits the roof of the Town End! [1-1]
  • Sponsored links:

• Gunter's cross from the right is blocked to win us a corner
  • 53' Bit of pinball in the box as Charlton threaten but Swindon eventually tidy up. #stfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Maddison should have done better with his cross
  • Makes me cringe every time Nathan calls him “Mads” 😬
  • Bit of a scramble, but eventually Chuks' header easily saved.
  • 53' Forster-Caskey booked for a foul on halfway. #stfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Maddison should have been greedy there. 

JFC with a tactical booking as I type
  • Chuks is such a dominant athlete, he looks like he could've boxed, played NFL, rugby, whatever he liked
  • Needless pull back by JFC. Rightfully booked
  • Damn... Washington passed too early then 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Poor cross from Washington... Maddison wins a dangerous free kick
  • Maddison wins a free kick just outside the left hand edge of the area.
    1. 55'

Post update

Marcus Maddison (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 55'

Post update

Foul by Mathieu Baudry (Swindon Town).

• Leuth said:
    Oh, you want me to explain why Maatsen is a left-back? Because he can track, tackle, head, anticipate, overlap, cross, control, pass and run like the wind, fucking probably 
    But he started as a winger and is avery good one at that. 
  • Chuks wins a corner. 
  • edited December 2020
    Washington just has to play it in front of the defender and instead he plays it straight at him. Second time this game his poor decision making has denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Will give him some credit for the initial run. 
  • Wtf was that corner all about?
  • Poor head from Pratley
  • Chuks wins us another corner from the right JFC to take. Deep one that balloons off Pratley's head for a goal kick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!