Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Whose this co commentator? Doing my head in referring to players by their first name
  • That wasn't very impressive

Swindon's number 16 Aodimayo is very impressive. Need to double up on him as he is giving Maatsen a hard time.

Bogle's goal one of the funniest I have seen for a long time and his miss must be a contender for miss of the season.
  • Leuth said:
    So the player who's scored our goal and had more shots than everyone else combined is the scapegoat. Cool
    I know you struggle with shades of grey as everyone is either the best player in the world or total shit to you, but is it possible to acknowledge a player is not necessarily playing entirely well without them being a scapegoat. 
  • Said it a few times this season so repeating myself but Maatsen isn't a left back for me. Gets caught out of position and defending isn't the best. Think he's got a big future but he's a LM for me. I'd probably do that second half. 442 with Maatsen LM. Purrington on for Gilbey. 
  • Bogle is the new Lee Novak. 
    GCO 
    (get Chucks on)
  • Leuth said:
    And obviously Bogle should have buried that, but the keeper had closed him down. Wasn't as straightforward as it looked. Bad miss, but he's looked a threat and should stay on. Washington has been anonymous and was also extremely greedy when he had an overlap
    only sub for me at this stage is Gilbey for Williams. 
  • Said it a few times this season so repeating myself but Maatsen isn't a left back for me. Gets caught out of position and defending isn't the best. Think he's got a big future but he's a LM for me. I'd probably do that second half. 442 with Maatsen LM. Purrington on for Gilbey. 
    “Gets caught out of position and defending isn’t the best” is Purrington though.  
  • Leuth said:
    So the player who's scored our goal and had more shots than everyone else combined is the scapegoat. Cool
    I know you struggle with shades of grey as everyone is either the best player in the world or total shit to you, but is it possible to acknowledge a player is not necessarily playing entirely well without them being a scapegoat. 
    Spot on, well said. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pissing down at The Valley.
    They always sprinkle the pitch at half time
  • Leuth said:
    I mean look at everyone here. Is there much "Bogle scored well, has held the ball up okay, bad miss, a few shots from range, decent stuff overall"? No. It's all Bogle is shit, get Chuks on. Not fucking having this at all
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Accusing me of having no shades of grey when everyone here is signing Bogle's death warrant is fucking rich indeed 
    Death warrant?

Right-o.
  • Shame we have no real pace today as we'd be murdering the high Swindon back line... Can only presume thats why they're so far up!! 
  • Whose this co commentator? Doing my head in referring to players by their first name
    Yeah it's super annoying, they're not mates ffs. Nicknames are even worse
  • Lee Bowyer reminds me of a manager in schoolboy football.
     You give minutes to a few weaker players in the first half before the you end up with your strongest team as the game progresses and you get to the business end.

Unusual in pro football or any other part time level I have watched.

Lee is the manager and if we replicate the second half against Wimbledon then fair enough.

Washington's bad decision not to play unmarked MM in and Bogles miss, means we are not in the lead. Gilbey much more involved but we never look like keeping clean sheets without Innes and Famewo.

We need to be pro active from the start of this half. Attack down the flanks and we could still win this.

• You want shades of grey? Honestly I'd score Bogle 6.5/10 right now. But I'm trying to counteract the absolute torrent of abuse and shit he's been copping. Read the last four pages! 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I mean look at everyone here. Is there much "Bogle scored well, has held the ball up okay, bad miss, a few shots from range, decent stuff overall"? No. It's all Bogle is shit, get Chuks on. Not fucking having this at all
    Credit: he scored, he works hard, he did some good stuff in the corner

Crap: his miss, spanking the ball over from distance, ball doesn’t stick to him

So far he’s saved us a point but cost us 2
  • edited December 2020
    Love how Curbs keeps referring to Charlton as "we" 
  • Talal said:
    I don't think Bogle has been poor personally. Shocking miss yes but got his goal, worked hard, ok with the ball overall. 
    Ok overall is how I saw it... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Said it a few times this season so repeating myself but Maatsen isn't a left back for me. 
    This is demonstrably nonsense as well
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Accusing me of having no shades of grey when everyone here is signing Bogle's death warrant is fucking rich indeed 
    A death warrant is a bit strong. 
    50 lashes should do.
  • Leuth said:
    Said it a few times this season so repeating myself but Maatsen isn't a left back for me. 
    This is demonstrably nonsense as well
    Why is it? Just to confirm, I'm not trying to make him a scapegoat before you go off on one. 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I think Lee Bowyer disagrees with you...
  • Bogle isn't learning which just shows he is shite.
  • Well I mean Chuks is the better player 😉
  • I wonder what goes through a defender's mind when they see Chuks come on
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!