Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec 2020

Comments

• Bogle needs to come off but Bowyer may be reluctant given that he scored but he really should.
  • Crap first half . Can’t help but think Swindon are there for the taking . Bogle is still pony 
  • I'm pleased that Omar scored, but bloody hell he's awful. That miss!
  • Leuth said:
    So the player who's scored our goal and had more shots than everyone else combined is the scapegoat. Cool
    Stop being a wum.
    He's a very poor player and almost everyone on here can see it.
  • Before the match: each team comes out separately ... Covid restrictions and all that.

Half time: players mingle as they trudge down the tunnel together.

Please explain the logic behind that.
  • Leuth said:
    So the player who's scored our goal and had more shots than everyone else combined is the scapegoat. Cool
    Stop being a wum.
    I was only speaking the facts.
  • Pissing down at The Valley.
  • Curbs is a legend. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Is it too early to say Schwartz would've scored that?
    I said the exact same thing. Answer......he would have buried it. 
  • Sound at the valley is rather pish too...
  • Couple of weeks to go until Bogle is 3rd choice anyway. 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Stop being a wum.
    He is rubbish, just cos he's had a few shots doesn't make him any good
  • Before the match: each team comes out separately ... Covid restrictions and all that.

Half time: players mingle as they trudge down the tunnel together.

Please explain the logic behind that.
    Failed to understand it since Project Restart 
  • Bogle is a place holder until Schwartz comes in, or until Aneke can play 60+ minutes- and then he goes to the bench and comes on as a battering ram for the last 20! 

Desperate for some wingers, as we just don’t seem to want to take teams on down the wing - something that looked our forte with Doherty at the start of the season! 
  • And obviously Bogle should have buried that, but the keeper had closed him down. Wasn't as straightforward as it looked. Bad miss, but he's looked a threat and should stay on. Washington has been anonymous and was also extremely greedy when he had an overlap
  • Leuth said:
    Not a scapegoat exactly......but his job is to score goals. Lovely to score 25 yarders but more importantly is to tuck away the tap ins. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s happened to the other co commentator? The replacement bloke is dreadful. 
  • Leuth said:

No one has scapegoated him?

Before the goal he was doing okay. Then he trips the ball in, misses a shot that was harder to miss than score has tried step overs and spanked the ball high and wide when plenty of better options were on.

Neither he or Washington can be too proud of their performances so far. Bogle did score and as such kudos to him for that. 
  • I don't think Bogle has been poor personally. Shocking miss yes but got his goal, worked hard, ok with the ball overall. 
  • Swindon don't look very good, but this Charlton team still really miff me. 

You can see we have the better quality, and we looked decent enough at the beginning and the end of the game. But during the middle period we looked sluggish and devoid of any ideas on how to break down Swindon midfield.

Guess that's football for you with suitable tactical changes making the game eb and flow. I just wish we dominated more games. 

Gilby off for Williams only change. And then Aneke on a little later. 
  • Curbs is quality 
  • Leuth said:
    And obviously Bogle should have buried that, but the keeper had closed him down. Wasn't as straightforward as it looked. Bad miss, but he's looked a threat and should stay on. Washington has been anonymous and was also extremely greedy when he had an overlap
    Ah come on Leuth. There isn't a player on the pitch (goalkeeper included) who should be missing that chance. 
  • Gilbey off asap please
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Stop being a wum.
    Come on Leuth; you’re better than using the scapegoat card 
  • Southbank said:
    Gilbey off asap please
    Now this I agree with 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!