Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 5 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    We have no clue. 
    How has JFC come off the radar and taken a start. 
    How Bowyer can think that side would create anything is a joke. 

Backwards backwards, mistake  backwards, lump, miscontrol. 

Shite
    He's been injured with a hamstring... Hasnt just dropped out the team
  • Options
    As the season goes on and our players spend more time on the training field with our coaches they get worse. This is dreadful.  Shrews are second bottom on 10 points ffs.
  • Options
    Completely understand the injuries and illnesses, but still concerning how poor we’ve been in 3 of the last 4 games. 
  • Options
    For some reason I always thought Gilbey was a svelte, busy midfielder.

He's a big old lump isn't he, with the turning ability of HMS Belfast.
  • Options
    inept, clueless and devoid of any idea of how we are suppose to be playing. Bowyer needs to be called out. Awful team selection. Lack of width, pace and energy. His refusal to play our younger players is costing us. No excuses this is awful, Shrewsbury are awful. If you pick four midfielders who are basically the same player then you reap what you saw. Get Morgan on get Henry on. Enough blaming injuries, fans, players, covid or the usual shit. Bowyer needs to do some coaching and sort this. Anything less than three points against this shower of shite is not good enough.
    I love Bows but called him out 6 weeks back and got mullered. 
  • Options
    No changes at half time. Oh dear.
  • Options
    A cagey first 45 minutes here at Montgomery Waters Meadow... Let's step it up after the break, lads! #cafc

I like your  optimism Ollie and your description of the first half
  • Options
    If you read through this match thread at half time without knowing the score you'd think we were 7-0 down against Harrogate or something. I don't know if it's left over arrogance from the fact we were playing Leeds and West Brom last season that makes people so upset when we don't play well against Shrewsbury or just the instant gratification nature of football at the moment but we're in League One. We aren't always going to play well, we aren't always going to win and we are going to go through bad patches of form. It was only a few weeks ago we were on an 8 match unbeaten run and hadn't conceded in 6 games. It's only half time. It's 0-0. It just might be ok
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    This is gonna sound quite harsh, but the good news is about us looking this poor is we have an owner now who actually wants us to do well and watches our games. He won't stand for any dross and let us look this poor consistently
    Doesn't sound harsh at all. If i was investing up to 20m in the first year alone and was watching this, i'd be asking some serious questions about what the fuck they do in training.
    Oh dear....     oh dear, oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Get Watson off, push Pratley back, get someone else in midfield. 

Next week, in training, work on an actual system of play
    Pratley worse than Watson IMO
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half... A big 45 minutes to come. COME ON, LADS! #cafc
  • Options
    sort it out
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Chunes said:
    Get Watson off, push Pratley back, get someone else in midfield. 

Next week, in training, work on an actual system of play
    Pratley worse than Watson IMO
    Pratley quicker than Watson though.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    This is League 1 football 20/21 for Cafc 

This side who ever is picked doesn't have the class and power of Taylor, Grant, Bielik, Aribo and Cullen.

It reminds me more of the team/squad that went out in the two legged semi final against Shrewsbury when Bowyer first started picking the team.

0-0 and fair reflection of a mediocre 1st half.

Need Morgan to liven them up.

• Options
  • Options
    Hold on tight for a rip roaring finale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    46' An early effort from Aneke, who drags a shot wide 11 seconds after the restart. #shrews 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Just in so PWR but that midfield lacks any creativity. Now to catch up quickly on the thread ....
    Probably best if you just bash your head with a hammer & go to sleep instead 
  • Options
    I fail to see how we can make no changes unless Bowyer is happy with a draw. 
  • Options
    Back to Amos 
  • Options
    Just in so PWR but that midfield lacks any creativity. Now to catch up quickly on the thread ....
    Probably best if you just bash your head with a hammer & go to sleep instead 
    For once I agree with you Golfie.
  • Options
    They're trying to get Chuks sent off.
  • Options
    For some reason I always thought Gilbey was a svelte, busy midfielder.

He's a big old lump isn't he, with the turning ability of HMS Belfast.
    Possibly the injury, as he was a busy midfielder in Crewe game.  
  • Options
    48' Maatsen's shot is blocked on the edge of the box. #shrews 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Well we have more shots this half than we did in 90 minutes on Wednesday.... 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!