Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 5 Dec 2020

edited December 2020 in General Charlton
After the let down of Wednesday night at The Valley, we hit the road for Shrewsbury today - another lowly side struggling for form.

Bowyer says, "We have to try and get the 3 points and move in the right direction".
Let's hope we're at it from the start, as we were at Ipswich.

As usual, we're missing several with injury - but a couple are expected back soon. Expect more rotation.

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Pearce (C), Famewo, Maatsen; Watson, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey; Aneke, Washington

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Henry, Williams, Bogle

You can watch the match live on stream:
https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass-purchase/welcome-to-valley-pass

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon Oggy, hope you’re good pal. 

Splitting headache and not feeling it this afternoon. Hope the players are feeling more lively.

come on you Addicks 
  • Options

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Pearce (C), Famewo, Maatsen; Watson, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Gilbey; Aneke, Washington

Subs (not used): Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Henry, Williams, Bogle

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fcb8cdc3a9c0/team-news-pearce-famewo-maatsen-forster-caskey-and-aneke-return-for-shrewsbury-clash

• Options
    Afternoon of Sport for me

2pm - 3pm: F1 FP3
    3pm - 5pm: Charlton
    5pm - 6pm: F1 Qualifying

Happy days!!
  • Options
    Pratley Watson midfield.

Making ourselves even more immobile doesn’t seem smart.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Bit of an uninspiring first XI that. Don't think we will be pretty today (we're usually not), but hopefully effective. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Maddison dropped too I see. Bowyer is starting to lose the plot 
    He's ill...
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Afternoon Oggy, hope you’re good pal. 

Splitting headache and not feeling it this afternoon. Hope the players are feeling more lively.

come on you Addicks 
    All good, Gaffer. Trust Bow has got the team sharp and up for it.

Winning ways will cure your headache.  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maddison is ill
  • Options
    "Let's hope we're at it..."

Really?
  • Options
    Feel like it's going to be the 3-5-2 with Pratley playing alongside the CBs.

Where's Maddison? 
  • Options
    Not surprising the the subs are 'not used' an hour before the game has kicked off.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Leuth said:
    Maddison dropped too I see. Bowyer is starting to lose the plot EDIT he's ill apparently. Will take it as read but have doubts 
    He is ill, so it says on OS  
  • Options
    And so, today we've finally got a proper CB pairing, although both left footers.

Pearcey, with his 1st game of the season in tandem with Fam.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    After the let down of Wednesday night at The Valley, we hit the road for Shrewsbury today - another lowly side struggling for form.

Bowyer says, "We have to try and get the 3 points and move in the right direction".

As usual, we're missing several with injury - but a couple are expected back soon. Expect more rotation.

Subs (not used): Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Henry, Williams, Bogle

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

Is the "Subs (not used)" annoying anyone else or just me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where's Maddison? 
    Yeah I do wonder if it'll be 3-5-2

Would argue that Matthews is a better Wing-Back than Gunter though which makes me think the diamond
  • Options

Where's Maddison? 
    Still tying his boot laces together.

No, seriously .... he's ill, pizza poisoning.  :neutral:

• Options
    Shinnie?
    No Albie
    No pace
    No width
    I think I'll save myself £10.....
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

It may be even more annoying if it remains like that for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

Haha ..... I copied and pasted, straight off the OS:

I'm not the only one. I guess Olly copied and pasted straight off his last match report! :smile:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Shinnie?
    No Albie
    No pace
    No width
    Me too...probably means we’ll win 5-0!!!
  • Options
    I would think 5 at the back. But would prefer the pace of Matthew's as a wing back given we dont have much pace elsewhere on the pitch.
  • Options
    2 left footed centre halves. Interesting.

The last time LB tried that - with Sarr and Pearce - it didn't end well.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    supaclive said:
    Shinnie?
    No Albie
    No pace
    No width
    Shinnie injured against MK. Albie most likely rotated out after a couple of games back to back.
  • Options
    scrappy game this
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!