Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 5 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    scrappy game this
    Thats the slogan for League One!!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    scrappy game this
    Maybe not. Maybe Shrewsbury will play football, like MK Dons did
  • Options
    How the hell is Gilby in front of Morgan
  • Options
    He isnt, Bowyer is clearly rotating his squad

Morgan: Started Ipswich | MK Dons, sub Shrewsbury
    Gilbey: Sub Ipswich, started MK Dons | Shrewsbury
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Because Lee Bowyer reads this forum and when he was injured Gilby transformed into a blend of Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes rolled into one. As soon as him and Maddison were back we would win 6-0 every week.  Or something. 
  • Options
    Would’ve thought that if we were going 3-5-2, he’d have Matthews down that right side with Gunter next to Pearce and Famewo. Not sure Gunter can play the wing back role quite as well as Matthews.

Most likely a 4-4-2 diamond IMO. Watson in front of the back four, JFC and Gilbey switching in and out of the 10 role.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Shinnie?
    No Albie
    No pace
    No width
    I think I'll save myself £10.....
    Shinnie injured against MK. Albie most likely rotated out after a couple of games back to back.
    Morgan is what, 21 or 22?

He's never going to be fitter in the rest of his life than he is now.

I just don't understand why he can't play 3 games in a week
  • Options
    Do we think Bows will ever have a settled 11?

To be honest, I'm slightly frustrated that one of either Morgan or Williams are not starting. Changing the midfield formation and personnel every game does not fill me with confidence that they will dominate the game. 

I don't know enough about other teams in other leagues to know if this is common practice or not. Especially with the current fixture list. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Maddison dropped too I see. Bowyer is starting to lose the plot EDIT he's ill apparently. Will take it as read but have doubts 
    Maddison is ill

• Options
    Caskey instead of Morgan or Williams what the fuck you doing bower and still no barker on bench midfield far to slow again no drive in there 
  • Options
    We've brought in 4 left footers! 
  • Options
    Don’t like the posts writing off Gilbey by the way.
    Why not... He only played two league games before getting injured, one of those he got an assist the second the whole team he was poor - This is his fifth game back after two months out so should already have a few goals and assists
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Maddison got food poisoning from his 3am pizzas 
  • Options
    Morgan has been our best player last few games. Unconvinced with that line up. Hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Shinnie?
    No Albie
    No pace
    No width
    I think I'll save myself £10.....
    Shinnie injured against MK. Albie most likely rotated out after a couple of games back to back.
    Morgan is what, 21 or 22?

He's never going to be fitter in the rest of his life than he is now.

I just don't understand why he can't play 3 games in a week
    It’s not just a one off week though - it’s five games every two weeks, there’s eight games this month alone. This season is condensed and there’s going to be a lot more rotation needed than you would see in a regular season.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Morgan has been our best player last few games. Unconvinced with that line up. Hope I’m wrong.
    The beauty us fans have is the fact we can make suggestion after suggestion, if its ignored and we lose them we can give Bowyer pelters - If Bowyer goes what we've been calling for and will still lose then those making those demands will simply say he should have done differently

Who gets the blame if Barker starts as we've been calling for, and we lose 5-0 with him making the mistakes...?

Who'd be a Football Manager!! - Thankfully our demands dont have consequences
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Maddison got food poisoning from his 3am pizzas 
    Dodgy batch of pineapples at Woolwich Dominos.
  • Options
    A rather stolid looking midfield, a bit short of creativity suggests Bowyer is going back to basics, trying to keep us solid first

Other than 2 games in October when he played just 45 minutes, Pratley has played the full 90 in every other league game, impressive fitness and a massive contrast to many other members of the squad
  • Options
    Workmanlike midfield but we've got two centre halves on the pitch instead of our usual zero so that's exciting. Pearce is quite a similar player to Inniss in terms of throwing himself in front of everything and getting very physical so he should be able to form a good partnership with Famewo. Not a lot of creativity in that side and it's a long time since I felt Williams would realistically come off the bench and change a game, so we'd better hope we can create something today through sheer force of effort. Always prefer Washington coming off the wing too but our options are a bit limited. We'll see, Charlton tend to disappoint when the starting line-up looks brilliant and surprise when it looks a bit dull so you never know
  • Options
    Maddison is out due to progressing to the quarter finals of an E-sports tournament
  • Options
    Pearce is also probably the biggest leader that we've got at the club...

Pratley in recent weeks hasnt just had to worry about doing that role but he's also had to concentrate playing out of position
  • Options
    Charlton tend to disappoint when the starting line-up looks brilliant and surprise when it looks a bit dull so you never know
    Perhaps this is because Bowyer only truly knows one way (he said, increasingly seditiously) 
  • Options
    That is a very very boring team. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Leuth said:
    Maddison dropped too I see. Bowyer is starting to lose the plot EDIT he's ill apparently. Will take it as read but have doubts 
    He is ill, so it says on OS  
    Chronic indigestion. 
  • Options
    Bear in mind that Shrewsbury in recent experience have been a bit "agricultural". I think Pearce holds up to being strangled better than a lot of our players so fair enough he's in. if Shrewsbury try and play football we may be caught out, I suspect Bows knows they won't. At least I hope so. 
    I'm surprised and frustrated Morgan is on the bench, but can't imagine JFC will last 90. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!