Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 5 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    This is the Curbs approach to football management.

After a poor result try to get back on track, start with a nought-nought.

Half way there ...
  • Options
    Well, Bowyer needs to do something. Whether that means give them a bollocking, change tactics, change personnel or some combination of all three I don’t know. 
    But that first half was fucking appalling.
  • Options
    This is the first game I've been able to watch this season due to working when all the games have been on. I thought Pearce looked solid so far. Maatsen has had a good game and wins a lot more in the air for his height. Watson and Pratley don't compliment each other in midfield. We don't seem to have enough width. We looked a little unbalanced. Hopefully the second half will be better for us?!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    That was so predictable. When we saw that 11 we knew. 
    Nope - Twitter responses were all 'proper team that <3' because we'd put all our Hard-Brexit players on the field at the same time
  • Options
    We look miles away from the League One Play-Off winning side. Quite shocked at how bad we look, something is certainly amiss. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    We are so pedestrian in midfield and that sets the tempo for the whole team.

Passing has been dreadful, backwards or giving it away.

Appears HMS Piss The League has sprung a leak.
  • Options
    If this was at the Valley, with this level of performance, the crowd reaction would be negative.

Wonder if there would be any more comments about it.

• Options
    Maatsen and Famweo can stay on with Amos.

Get the rest off.
  • Options
    Ponderous midfield and the passing not good enough. Shrewsbury have mids who can run with the ball and pass accurately, fortunately so far their final ball is rubbish.
    Morgan and Johnny on for JFC and Gilbey asap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant stuff from Bows.

Channeling his inner Curbs by stopping a bad run with a 0 - 0 just as he did earlier in the season v Sunderland.

Can now bring Bogle, Williams and Morgan on to shake things up.

LBR&WA
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If we get promoted shit performances are forgotten. It's a big if right now.

I hope Sandgaard does what he thinks is right, when he thinks it is right. Sentiment can only go so far, football is a business.

(Not saying get rid of anyone btw... But if the manager deserves a bollocking as I think Bow might, then I support the owner doing so.)
  • Options
    Get Williams on so we can actually have a go
  • Options
    Silver lining is there's no mid-week game
  • Options
    We never get past the half way line when we play out from the back. This needs to change 
  • Options
    We look miles away from the League One Play-Off winning side. Quite shocked at how bad we look, something is certainly amiss. 
    No Morgan
    No Shinnie
    No Williams/Maddison 
    No pace 
    No width

What did anybody expect?

• Options
    And there’s people on here happy with this team  We’ve been shit again 3-4 games now not good enough 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now the oven is all clean I can stick my head in  it for the second half. 
    Brilliant 😂😂
  • Options
    morgan and williams instrumental when we played well against ipswich - haven't played since - LB is testing my patience with this anti football  
  • Options
    What I'm finding most amusing is the fact that @MuttleyCAFC got absolutely slaughtered for saying he didnt want anything less than 6th place and that Bowyer's job should be questioned if we dont achieve it - Fair play to him!!
  • Options
    Why does he persist with 4 centre mids in midfield we desperately need some width
    Because they have 5 in midfield and we are losing that battle as it it. 
  • Options
    I'll never slag Bows off as we owe him so much, but I'm starting to wonder if everything he's had to put up with has got to him.

We look completely lost and devoid of ideas.
  • Options
    We are going backwards in more ways than one!
  • Options
    Half time.
    Pretty chite game.
  • Options
    That really was crap.

At least Burton played well on the night; and MK Dons had some really good players. But Shrewsbury are a desperately average team and yet we are creating absolutely nothing. Probably not surprising with this team

If we pass back to Amos once more when we are attacking I shall scream.

And if when we give a goal away fart-arsing about at the back (why are we doing that again?) then I really will get mad.

Just not good enough.
  • Options
    It's sad to say but we are just not a very good footballing side - and have not been for a long time. No movement, no craft, no urgency when we have the ball. 

We are very solid, and defend and work hard when we don't have the ball - which is why we win loads of games by a goal. But the moment we have it, we just get stuck in the same patterns of play each time. We are such as an easy side to press, which shocked me when Ipswich didn't do it last week. 

No doubt fans will blame the players and say something generic about 'desire', but it's the coaching and the way we are told to play that is the issue. 

• Options
    This is the Curbs approach to football management.

After a poor result try to get back on track, start with a nought-nought.

Half way there ...
    Was thinking that myself. Would be a Curbs response after a loss and go out and get a 0-0 draw. Someone needs to tell Lee we are playing Shrewsbury not Man Utd though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!