Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 5 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    This is gonna sound quite harsh, but the good news is about us looking this poor is we have an owner now who actually wants us to do well and watches our games. He won't stand for any dross and let us look this poor consistently
    Doesn't sound harsh at all. If i was investing up to 20m in the first year alone and was watching this, i'd be asking some serious questions about what the fuck they do in training.
    First time I've doubted whether Sandgaard understands football
    He's American... He's still baffled as to why we're constantly punting and arent get the 1st downs in more often
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    We look miles away from the League One Play-Off winning side. Quite shocked at how bad we look, something is certainly amiss. 
    No Morgan
    No Shinnie
    No Williams/Maddison 
    No pace 
    No width

What did anybody expect?

For us to show a bit of fight, we have enough quality on the pitch to give these lot a good game. We look ponderous (again) and disinterested.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This is gonna sound quite harsh, but the good news is about us looking this poor is we have an owner now who actually wants us to do well and watches our games. He won't stand for any dross and let us look this poor consistently
    Doesn't sound harsh at all. If i was investing up to 20m in the first year alone and was watching this, i'd be asking some serious questions about what the fuck they do in training.
    He's American... He's still baffled as to why we're constantly punting and arent get the 1st downs in more often
    He's Danish.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    My god. Maatsen shows some urgency and sprints forward with the ball. Squares it, and we send it back 40 yards to our keeper. What is our pattern of play exactly
    All that shape work from Bowyer during the intl break has seen us well...

He didn't say that it was "attacking" shape work though did he?
    We've not been good in defence or midfield either since the break so it must be about the subs shape.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    DULL would be an improvement on this. What does Gilbey bring to the team? Need Albie on and the January transfer window to add some quality.
  • Options
    Utter dross . Maatsen and Famewo and to be fair Pearce have done well  , but JFC , Pratley and Watson make it a very pedestrian midfield  . Can only get better  .
  • Options
    chucks and martsen r the only players who can go past anybody and that midfield is as pedestrian as i've ever seen - worried that watson and pratley together in midfield is too slow and defensive? well lets add jfc as well and really plod it up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    We look as one paced and lacking in imagination as we did under Robinson. 
  • Options
    Bogle & Maddison with Morgan & Williams if you must😐
  • Options
    Well that was a crock of shite, at one point we had the ball about 30 yds out (may have been 35/40) in their half and due to lack of movement we sent it all the way back to Amos!! We have no pace and very little movement. We need a BIG second half, as other results are currently, in the main, going our way.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Leuth said:
    He's Danish.
    Danish / American, been in America far too long

Also love that was your bigger issue rather than the fact that he'd confuse American Football with Football ;)
  • Options
    Our midfield's only function seems to be to facilitate a backwards pass to the defence. Got to change it up - surely! Get Albie on. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a red card or two in this game
  • Options
    Passing backwards because nobody with enough balls to take on their defenders, never going to get promoted like this.
  • Options
    ????
  • Options
    Just in so PWR but that midfield lacks any creativity. Now to catch up quickly on the thread ....
  • Options
    I'll never slag Bows off as we owe him so much, but I'm starting to wonder if everything he's had to put up with has got to him.

We look completely lost and devoid of ideas.
    Pressure because up until now he has had a free pass, Roland, ESI, new players etc etc?

He bigged up the "shape work" in the international break and we have been fucking aweful since.

Is the fear of loosing starting to bite? 
  • Options
    Painful

We look really ordinary, a desperate lack of quality on the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Purrington left back and push Maatsen up would be a good change too. We need something on the wings. Oh how we miss Alfie's pace
  • Options
    Too many players waiting for the ball rather than going to win it. 
  • Options
    This would be a perfect game for a shoot on sight player...
  • Options
    We have no clue. 
    How has JFC come off the radar and taken a start. 
    How Bowyer can think that side would create anything is a joke. 

Backwards backwards, mistake  backwards, lump, miscontrol. 

Shite
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Southbank said:
    Pratley and Watson are there to protect the semi-fit centre backs I reckon. Second half there is the Morgan/Williams option to make the midfield more creative, and putting Purrington on and pushing Maatsen upfield.

First half the passing had better be good  because there is no carry in that midfield much beyond walking pace.
    As usual, slow to start first half, wait for a rollocking half time before playing better in second half............or is that my imagination?
    Say no more
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Get Watson off, push Pratley back, get someone else in midfield. 

Next week, in training, work on an actual system of play
  • Options
    JVL said:
    Winning only one Range Rover might not be enough to make this game worth enduring.
    Can’t even win the RR being in the USA....made my mind up one minute before kick off.... regretting that now
  • Options
    Just in so PWR but that midfield lacks any creativity. Now to catch up quickly on the thread ....
    Save yourself the pain and just go the last page.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ????
    I mean they can't do any harm compared to current group on pitch however not sure if the first 2 on bus - apologies if so Ross1

• Options
    inept, clueless and devoid of any idea of how we are suppose to be playing. Bowyer needs to be called out. Awful team selection. Lack of width, pace and energy. His refusal to play our younger players is costing us. No excuses this is awful, Shrewsbury are awful. If you pick four midfielders who are basically the same player then you reap what you saw. Get Morgan on get Henry on. Enough blaming injuries, fans, players, covid or the usual shit. Bowyer needs to do some coaching and sort this. Anything less than three points against this shower of shite is not good enough.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!