Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best live acts you've seen

12346»

Comments

• Options
    The Dillinger Escape Plan was always a hell of an experience. You could guarantee someone from the band was going to climb something that would definitely kill them if they fell off and you had to watch yourself for flying humans the whole time. I remember a gig - think it was Astoria 2 - where midway through the song they somehow managed to climb from the stage onto the balconies and carry on up there, and in somewhere as tight as Old Blue Last you were basically in the band for the whole set. Never a dull moment
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Springsteen. Over 40 times! 

And UB40. 
  • Options
    Queen at Wembley stadium 1986,  first time I'd ever been to a concert
    Neil Diamond Wembley Arena mid 90s, was really great
    First live concert I ever went to, dragged along by the wife, really enjoyed the atmosphere. Great showman.

Just before the lockdown I went to see Joe Brown at Darford, very good storyteller.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Queen at Wembley stadium 1986,  first time I'd ever been to a concert
    Neil Diamond Wembley Arena mid 90s, was really great
    First live concert I ever went to, dragged along by the wife, really enjoyed the atmosphere. Great showman.

Just before the lockdown I went to see Joe Brown at Darford, very good storyteller.
    Talking about being "dragged along", back in the early 80s I had to partner my then girlfriend to see Barry Manilow at The Royal Albert Hall. She then bought a couple of "returns" for the following night so I had to endure the "pleasure" of seeing him again. The lighters/candles lit for One Voice is as much as any man can take especially twice in 24 hours!
  • Options
    Foo Fighters - Just really good, drummer was on fire. Dave Grohl in a big motorised chair after he broke his leg in Stockholm. MK Bowl 2015-ish to make up for the cancelled London gig!
    Lionel Richie - Glastonbury 2015ish, just a properly fun and accessible set to the biggest crowd of the weekend on a sunny Sunday. Loads of Commodores hits I didn't know at the time that were great.
    Everything Everything - really great performance in a tiny sold-out venue in Islington (2018), venue made it but they were on it.
    Coldplay - I know... but they were they only band that I've seen make the O2 fun back when they released the Speed of Sound album (2006-ish) and were slightly less uncool.
    The Midnight - just absolutely nailed it, perfect level of drunk, live sax, great venue at The Commodore in Vancouver (last year)
    ... also produced one of my least favourite gigs in London a couple of years ago where they just mimed the whole thing, guess they were playing the international tour 'safe' but it was boring

I wasn't there, but have seen it on YouTube and thought I'd share as this is just a great investment in 10mins of live music if you haven't seen it before, Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY&ab_channel=DireStraitsVEVO
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The Truth - Marquee Club
    Stone Roses - Wembley Stadium 
    Richard Ashcroft (with orchestra) at the O2
    Shed 7 - Brixton Academy
    The Pixies - Crystal Palace Bowl
    Mark Morriss and Chris Helme - Pelton Arms
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Nightwish
    With what singer?
  • Options
    Richard Ashcroft - Rock City Nottingham
    Dma's - Brixton 
    Adele - Wembley (worked on her dressing room door with @redbuttle, she was superb) 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    limeygent said:

Nightwish
    With what singer?
    Flor 
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    SamB09 said:
    limeygent said:

Nightwish
    With what singer?
    Flor 

Shes really good, got tickets to 3 nightwish shows next year. Hoping they go ahead..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Dillinger Escape Plan was always a hell of an experience. You could guarantee someone from the band was going to climb something that would definitely kill them if they fell off and you had to watch yourself for flying humans the whole time. I remember a gig - think it was Astoria 2 - where midway through the song they somehow managed to climb from the stage onto the balconies and carry on up there, and in somewhere as tight as Old Blue Last you were basically in the band for the whole set. Never a dull moment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA First 20 seconds of this pretty much sums it up  :D