Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best live acts you've seen

Comments

• Options
    Screaming Jay Hawkins at The Town & Country
    Ronnie Dawson at Camber Sands - his farewell gig.
    Cab Calloway at The Barbican
    Oasis at Zambujeira do Mar - mainly because we had all areas passes.  
    The Meteors at The Hope & Anchor in 1980
    Bloody ‘eck when was that, would’ve liked to have seen him.
    1989. He was brilliant. Small orchestra, sharp suits and even danced a bit, despite his age. Adelaide Hall was in the audience, and Cab introduced her to everyone - massive round of applause. Great days.   
  • Options
    Michael Buble at the O2.
  • Options
    Michael Buble at the O2.
    Joking.

Madness at Wembley Arena
  • Options
    Ocean Colour Scene - Manage to sound as tight as they do on their albums
    Saw them at Glastonbury in 2000 and at Brixton more recently. Bang on both times. Brixton gig was superb.

James Buckley (inbetweeners) randomly came on stage at end to play lead guitar and was good.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Stone Roses Wembley Stadium @2017
    Inxs Wembley Stadium @1991
    Theatre of Hate Lyceum @1981
    The Cure Wembley Arena @2016
  • Options
    Parliament 
    Roy Ayers
    Pharoah Sanders
    Art Blakey
    Todd Rundgren
  • Options
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers 
    Gorillaz

Both at the O2, a fantastic mix of new songs and classics. 
  • Options
    Had completely forgotten about Theatre of Hate - used to be a big fan and saw them live a few times. 
  • Options
    One of those threads that as soon as you mention one you remember more.
    Seen Zeppelin nine times including Celebration Day minus JB (really can't count them without Bonham).
    Obviously I think they're brilliant.
    Some less mentioned for me were every Pink Fairies gig because they were the go to loose end gig every weekend around London.
    Kate and Anna McGarrigal at the Fairfield Halls Croydon.
    Lou Reed (rock and roll Animal tour) at the Rainbow Finsbury Park, also Jethro Tull there.
    Believe it or not Arthur (Fire) Brown at the OZ Police Ball at the old Middle Earth in Covent Garden.
    The original Dark Side tour by Floyd with the circular screen film at Wembley Arena.
    ...sheesh there are loads more, like the rainy Who gig at the Valley.
    And even more I wish I'd seen, especially Bob Marley.
  • Options
    Had completely forgotten about Theatre of Hate - used to be a big fan and saw them live a few times. 
    My mate Clive is playing sax with them these days. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maze
    At the the Hammersmith odeon
    Frankie gave us so much joy and pain
  • Options
    Prince - The Roundhouse
    Prince - The O2
    The Undertones - Anywhere
    The Clash - Brixton
    The Ramones - Bournemouth Stateside
    U2 - Hammersmith Palais 
    Thin Lizzy - Southampton Gaumont
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Seen Zeppelin nine times including Celebration Day minus JB (really can't count them without Bonham).
    Some less mentioned for me were every Pink Fairies gig because they were the go to loose end gig every weekend around London.
    Lou Reed (rock and roll Animal tour) at the Rainbow Finsbury Park, also Jethro Tull there.
    Believe it or not Arthur (Fire) Brown at the OZ Police Ball at the old Middle Earth in Covent Garden.
    The original Dark Side tour by Floyd with the circular screen film at Wembley Arena.

With you there, Seth.
    If you could give me the free choice of seeing anyone I've never seen (or sadly never will) then it would be Bob Marley - especially, of course, The Rainbow, Finsbury Park in 1977.
  • Options
    Nick Cave  - Birmingham Academy
    Roy Harper - LSE
    Yes - Wembley Arena
    John Martyn - Leeds Folk Fest
    Genesis - Dury Lane
    Peter Broderick - Tin Angel
    Sun Kil Moon - Brixton
    Rush - Hammersmith
    Belle and Sebastian - Aberystwyth
    Tori Amos - Wolverhampton
    Bjork - Wolverhampton
    James - Birmingham Academy

• Options
    Rammstein
    Arctic Monkeys @ Glastonbury
    Death From Above 1979
    Muse too many times than I care to mention
  • Options
    Just for the oldies:

Tina Turner
    Chuck Berry with Little Richard
    Bill Haley
    Ray Charles

All original when they were at the best
  • Options
    Guns n Roses - Wembley Stadium, August 1991. Completely blew me away like nobody else before or since.
  • Options
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Multiple times but favourites would be The River tour at Wembley Arena 1981 and Born in the USA tour Wembley Stadium, July 4th 1985. 
  • Options
    Has to be Roy Wood and Wizzard in New Cross at poly just before chrismas early 80s.

Roy was having a drink in the pub across the road from the poly we had tickets but didnt know who was playing that night. Saw and spoke with Roy in pub and just knew it was going to be a night to remember.

Second place has to be Madness at camden lock late 70s.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Status Quo. Saw them first in the hot Summer of 1976 Cardiff Castle -what a brilliant gig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Did you know that Larry Wallis and Duncan Sanderson both died last year?
  • Options
    Seen Chas and Dave a couple of times. Think I definitely appreciate them more as musicians after seeing them live. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I knew about Larry Wallis, sad news about Sandy.
  • Options
    The Jam         - music of my youth
    Joy Division   - knew nothing about them when I went to see them - an incredible gig 
    Rival Sons      - best band of recent years for me and brilliant live
    Just reading Stephen Morris’ book - very good so far.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I knew about Larry Wallis, sad news about Sandy.
    Yeah, they died within a couple of months of each other.

I saw them at The Beaverwood Club a few years ago with my uncle who was a big fan back in the day. They were ok, not brilliant but glad I saw them. 
  • Options
    Catriana in The Griffin.

So good that when her early evening shift finished we found out she was heading down to Browns for the late shift so we went down there too.

Happy days. 
  • Options
    Seen Chas and Dave a couple of times. Think I definitely appreciate them more as musicians after seeing them live. 
    Another band I’m so glad I finally got round to seeing before they stopped. 

• Options
    the Stones
    Clash
    Ramones 
    Jam
    And for  a laid back artist   John Lee Hooker
  • Options
    Rolling Stones at Hyde Park 1960's - to be fair I can't remember much about it.
    Sting and Paul Simon at the O2 a few years ago.
    ELO at the O2 were absolutely brilliant.
    Enjoyed Jools Holland at the Royal Albert hall last autumn.
    But for pure enjoyment, showmanship and a purely stunning performance- Kid Creole and his coconuts - saw them last year at a jazz festival in Saint Emilion France.
  • Options
    Another band I’m so glad I finally got round to seeing before they stopped. 

Talk of maybe Dave doing something in the future (think the words were "never say never") and some old stuff being released for the first time in the future