Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo

Comments

• Options

Bow's got a new plan. If we don't play any defenders there'll be no defensive mistakes.

A cunning plan Mr B, 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Interesting central defensive partnership for Saturday.
    Don’t be silly, DJ is slotting in at right back after Smyth departed. 
    Don't be silly, he's primarily right footed, he's going left back. Maatsen at RM, Schwartz is right back
    Brilliant. Have you thought of writing for the radio?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don't be silly, he's primarily right footed, he's going left back. Maatsen at RM, Schwartz is right back
    I like to keep my comedy for Morse Code.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    You ok hun ? x 

• Options
    Playing for the U23's today away at Bristol City, we are 3-0 down after 15 minutes. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Playing for the U23's today away at Bristol City, we are 3-0 down after 15 minutes. 
    Wow it's going well then! :/
  • Options

Famewo is Akin to get back into the promotion push.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    nearly came back though, ended 4-3.  Famewo got 64 mins. 
  • Options
    Glad to hear they nearly came back and Famewo is getting back to fitness!
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    nearly came back though, ended 4-3.  Famewo got 64 mins. 
    A great comeback after he went off  ;)
  • Options
    I thought he played pretty well today for a first start after what feels like an eon out, but he’s getting a fair few 4’s and 5’s on the marks thread which surprises me. 
  • Options
    A bit rusty today but still a very good performance and great to see him back.
    Definitely one of our very few decent performers today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the whole he looked good and is a classy player - a bit rusty at times. But I reckon he's put on even more lockdown pounds than I have.
    You haven’t been doing lockdown right then!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    On the whole he looked good and is a classy player - a bit rusty at times. But I reckon he's put on even more lockdown pounds than I have.
    You haven’t been doing lockdown right then!
    Eat biscuits and chocolate. Drink beer and wine. Thought I had it sussed?
  • Options
    Thing is I bet neither of you look fat. Famewo looks like he's been in the gym. Lifting heavy, eating heavy.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I wonder how much Norwich would take for us to buy him ?  They look like returning to the Premier & don't think he'll be used by them next season. 

So.....£2m ? 5m ?   £10m ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Thing is I bet neither of you look fat. Famewo looks like he's been in the gym. Lifting heavy, eating heavy.
    I honestly didn’t think he looked out of shape - I recall him beating a couple of Fleetwood players in foot races, and winning shoulder barges. I see no real, actual, proof in the “he’s put on too much weight” argument. 

Frankly our defence was not the problem today - in fact, statistically, it stood up to incredible pressure. The problem was at the other end of the pitch. We conceded 1 from almost relentless attacks, but we did nothing at the other end. Famewo back is a great milestone for us. 
    When footballers add a bit of muscle, they get accused of being over weight.

famewo is a very big guy but definitely isn’t overweight 
  • Options
    Looked rusty but his pace and reading of the game got him out of trouble.

Would really hope we can try and sign him on a permanent deal 
    Would be good to sign a decent CB - really is a key position.
  • Options
    even clearly rusty he’s a massive upgrade over Pearce & Deji.

he’s become undroppable after one game at 75%, says a lot about the rest of them.

I don’t think Bows can afford to rest him at Burton
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!