Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Akin Famewo

Comments

• Good article that, interesting that they wanted to toughen Cantwell up mentally, but in a footballing environment, rather than a hoof ball one
  • edited December 2020
    NINE WEEKS?!!? OH FFS
  • Only plus side is that I can't see him being recalled if he is injured 
  • Means we must get in a centre back in January. I can see Akin being recalled now to complete his rehabilitation at Norwich.
  • Things just keep going our way! What the hell did he do? A great loss but we need a replacement in Jan and hope Innis is back by then. 
  • Means we must get in a centre back in January. I can see Akin being recalled now to complete his rehabilitation at Norwich.
    He'll go back to Norwich for his recovery anyway no doubt
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Only plus side is that I can't see him being recalled if he is injured 
    True, but he's no real use to us either. Need cover ideally.
  • Oh bolox... got to feel sorry for him ... so frustrating for us 
  • I think Fam may well have not been 100%
    when he joined us.
    The game he first got injured he already had a strapping on his thigh and I think one of the earlier games.

Scheme, but I've no doubt Gallen is more than capable of getting a decent replacement
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS. What are we doing to them? Any estimates on when Innis will be fit?
  • FFS. What are we doing to them? Any estimates on when Innis will be fit?
    I thought Ryan was out for 3-4 months?
  • Unbelievable how we’ve lost our two defenders to freak injuries 
  • Unbelievable how we’ve lost our two defenders to freak injuries 
    These injuries happen all the time though to us.
  • If true he’ll go back new one in and he’ll be injured in 2 -3 training sessions.two season’s on a spin all theses injuries you could not make it up.
  • It'll be interesting what Norwich do now, as he'll be out until February. 
  • Richard J said:
    That article seems to hint that he would be here for the whole season as it would benefit his long term development. 
    City have got a lengthy injury list at the moment, including in defence, but I think they're more likely to recall Timm Klose from his loan in Switzerland than Akin; Norwich will probably want a more experienced head to help their promotion push.

Here's hoping anyway!
    They're 3 points clear at the top of the championship so they appear to be coping with their injuries quite well.
  • Not sure we need another CB, but talk of Deji leaving is stupid.
  • Not sure we need another CB, but talk of Deji leaving is stupid.
    Only if he can't be replaced.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Gutted, that's a big blow, hopefully those 9 weeks are a worse case scenario, but I suppose we all knew as soon as we heard he'd done his ankle that he wouldn't be fit this weekend
  • One positive is that Famewo is not a part of our wage cap / budget so it makes sense for him to stay even if he’s out injured for a while.
  • edited December 2020
    One positive is that Famewo is not a part of our wage cap / budget so it makes sense for him to stay even if he’s out injured for a while.
     He is part of our cap and budget, he's 22. Unless Norwich are paying his salary.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure we need another CB, but talk of Deji leaving is stupid.
    He's such a scapegoat for me. Sure he wasn't particularly good last season but very few were. This is the League below and he has plenty of experience. Could we flog him and get better under a salary cap, I'm doubtful. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He's such a scapegoat for me. Sure he wasn't particularly good last season but very few were. This is the League below and he has plenty of experience. Could we flog him and get better under a salary cap, I'm doubtful. 
    Leave off.
    Not many were.

• clb74 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leave off.
    Not many were.

what?
  • One positive is that Famewo is not a part of our wage cap / budget so it makes sense for him to stay even if he’s out injured for a while.
    Although he is occupying one of the six loan slots we're allowed.

I suppose we'll have to wait to find out the full extent of his injury and how City want to deal with it. If he's going to be out until February they might prefer him to stay registered with us so that he could still get game time in the latter stages of the season.
  • We have so many freak injuries. Or do we? 
  • As good a player as he's been, I'd be tempted to cancel the loan and get someone else in. With the wage cap we can't be carrying injured loanees unfortunately. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!