Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo

Comments

• Options
    Just beggars belief how we can have a player fall over in training and be out for 9 weeks, which will probably be a lot more, if that's true then it doesn't sound like it can be blamed on the training intensity, but what the hell is going on
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure we need another CB, but talk of Deji leaving is stupid.
    Only if he can't be replaced.
    He's such a scapegoat for me. Sure he wasn't particularly good last season but very few were. This is the League below and he has plenty of experience. Could we flog him and get better under a salary cap, I'm doubtful. 
    Leave off.
    Not many were.

what?
    Sorry 1990 ,  you saying most of theplayers weren't that good last season.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure we need another CB, but talk of Deji leaving is stupid.
    Only if he can't be replaced.
    He's such a scapegoat for me. Sure he wasn't particularly good last season but very few were. This is the League below and he has plenty of experience. Could we flog him and get better under a salary cap, I'm doubtful. 
    Leave off.
    Not many were.

what?
    Sorry 1990 ,  you saying most of theplayers weren't that good last season.

They weren't, we got relegated. 
  • Options
    This is actually infuriating now, I’m the last to jump on finger pointing bandwagon but this can’t be bad luck now surely?  How in the hell does this keep happening.

Terminate the loan and get someone in Jan 1st the defence is costing us recently and it’s purely down to injuries.  
  • Options
    Will we have the option to terminate the loan, or will Norwich expect him to stay at Charlton and continue playing in 9 weeks, I doubt we have much say in the matter either way
  • Options
    The injury gods were displeased that he only got a minor hamstring injury that kept him out only a few weeks, so they saw to it that he fell over and put himself out 2-3 months
  • Options
    He's only out for 9 weeks. Calm down all.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He's only out for 9 weeks. Calm down all.
    Yeah, not like it’s 13 league games or anything...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit surprised by the wording of the article/Bowyers quote, sounds like they were considering sending him back due to him being injured which I found a surprise as I would have thought we'd be very  keen to keep him. He's not exactly injury prone (until he came too us ofc) i'd think at his age so surely we'd want to get him back to full fitness.
  • Options
    Bit surprised by the wording of the article/Bowyers quote, sounds like they were considering sending him back due to him being injured which I found a surprise as I would have thought we'd be very  keen to keep him. He's not exactly injury prone (until he came too us ofc) i'd think at his age so surely we'd want to get him back to full fitness.
    Time he's back in full fitness will be March time, providing he gets no further issues.

Unfortunately using up space in the salary cap for an injured loanee isn't a luxury we have 
  • Options
    Time he's back in full fitness will be March time, providing he gets no further issues.

Unfortunately using up space in the salary cap for an injured loanee isn't a luxury we have 
    I just expected they'd rather cut Deji loose as he doesn't seem favoured and sign someone else.
  • Options
    Top player. Easily best defender is the league by a distance. Is it better to have him fully fit for 10 matches+ or an okay centre half for 25+.

Probably the latter. Will watch his career with great interest. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020

I just expected they'd rather cut Deji loose as he doesn't seem favoured and sign someone else.
    That might be the preference but it’s also harder to do as you need a willing buyer (or loan club) who can offer him a deal he’s happy to sign.

Also depends on what replacements are available, ideally we’d replace Oshilaja with a right footer and Famewo with a left footer.
  • Options
    Agreed, when all the talk on here a month or so ago was whether we would be able to keep him after January because Norwich would want him back!
  • Options
    One positive is that Famewo is not a part of our wage cap / budget so it makes sense for him to stay even if he’s out injured for a while.
    He's costing us £1,300 pw. Steve Gallen said so.

• Options
    MattF said:
    Will we have the option to terminate the loan, or will Norwich expect him to stay at Charlton and continue playing in 9 weeks, I doubt we have much say in the matter either way
    We always have the option to terminate a season long loan in the January. As do the player's own club, to recall him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's out til March? FFS. 
  • Options
    He's out til March? FFS. 
    Akin and Inniss are out for the same length of time now

Bowyer mentioned the other day that they were both 7-8 weeks away
  • Options
    He's out til March? FFS. 
    Akin and Inniss are out for the same length of time now

Bowyer mentioned the other day that they were both 7-8 weeks away
    This is absolutely pathetic. Thomas needs to conduct through review of that whole set-up. Well, I expect it's already happening. 

Inniss was a training injury, wasn't Akin too, coming back from an in-game injury and then broke down again, or have I got that one wrong?
  • Options
    Thomas has already replaced the head physio and paid for new equipment and I’ll be surprised if they’re not looking at other improvements to make.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    One positive is that Famewo is not a part of our wage cap / budget so it makes sense for him to stay even if he’s out injured for a while.
    He's costing us £1,300 pw. Steve Gallen said so.

Absolute bargain when he was fit. Just have to hope he will play a part in latter stages of our season. 
    I always wonder with us if 7-8 weeks means that is when he will be back being able to play 90 minutes.

I hope so, and it's not a case that in 7-8 weeks he is squad ready but will be phased back in. 
  • Options
    The important thing has to be whether we need to let him go back to open a slot for a replacement. If we can bring in who we want and keep Famewo, then we ought to keep him as we know he is good and he may be important at the tail end of the season.
  • Options
    The important thing has to be whether we need to let him go back to open a slot for a replacement. If we can bring in who we want and keep Famewo, then we ought to keep him as we know he is good and he may be important at the tail end of the season.
    Be interested to see the position of the League as a whole come the end of the transfer window - If it looks like we'll play on then it will be a big decision for Bowyer to decide whether to send him back by that stage
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I think he'll go back. I didn't, I thought we were going to offload Deji, replace him with a partner for Pearce and wait for Inniss and Famewo to come back with Pratley/Gunter/Barker as cover. This mornings news has changed my mind, if we are going to keep Deji as cover I suspect we will send Famewo back and sign a new CB.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!