Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the 20/21 season end via PPG?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Right here we see the final top 6 in my opinion. 

The top 6 are balanced and set in their positions for the first time since I have been doing the PPG Table. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I do love your charts and tables, Daz!
  • Options
    I think pompey will oust Donny in that top 6. 
  • Options
    Unsurprisingly our PPG Position hasn't changed. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Unsurprisingly our PPG Position hasn't changed. 

Interesting that no team averages 2 points a game, reflecting that there isn't a dominant side, and also that with the constricted season it's harder to keep up that sort of form

Also notable that 1 point a game would currently ensure safety!
  • Options

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Bottom end doesn't look too interesting. 
  • Options

• Options
    Looking much healthier now

After their great run, I wasn't expecting us to just be 2 points behind Pompey having played the same number of games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just for fun, if we win every last game, and everyone else continues current form, we finish 3rd on 85 pts

If this happens I'll get your face tattooed on the tip of my nob.
    Again?!
  • Options
    Updated following midweek results.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Before tonights fixtures:

• Options
    Feels weird to see us lower than our PPG place after so long the other way around!
  • Options
    Sky haven't updated the table, but: 

• Options
    No, not concerned at all.

• Options
    End the season now!

It's interesting that up until Saturday 1ppg would have been enough for survival, but with Wimbledon and Wigan on a run of wins, it's now not enough
  • Options
    Actually even got to the stage where we have to slip up to not get 6th. Although I think Pompey getting 6 points from 4 is realistic, I suspect Oxford will get more than 5 from 3. If we said they got 7, then that means we just need 7 points from our 5 games left. 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ironically, despite losing on Saturday, we now have to win one less game than we did before that game in order to guarantee promotion - 7 on the bounce or 4 on the trot followed by either a draw and two wins or a win and two draws will be enough!
  • Options
    Final post from me for a while:

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2021

• Options
    AAAAANNNND We're done. 

• Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    Nobody in the division achieved 2ppg, though Hull would have if they had won yesterday

For a while 1ppg would have been enough for survival, but the improved form of Wimbledon and Wigan meant that more was needed
  • Options
    So, where did we end up on a PPG basis.

7th ?

• Options
    Nobody in the division achieved 2ppg, though Hull would have if they had won yesterday

For a while 1ppg would have been enough for survival, but the improved form of Wimbledon and Wigan meant that more was needed
    We may moan about this league but at least it is competitive and 'healthy'

Compare to The Premier League. Two promoted teams relegated and vice versa. The Premier League is in danger of being it's own Super League because promotion and relegation will be meaningless.
  • Options
    So, where did we end up on a PPG basis.

7th ?
    Joint 6th technically speaking. GD however pushed us to 7th.